3. Buryatia on the map Total Area is 351,3 thousand sq.km. - 2% of Russia; includes 60 % of Lake Baikal coastal area A flight to Ulan-Ude (the capital of Buryatia):MOSKAU From Mongolia – 1 hr NOWOSIBIRSK China – 2,2 hrs Korea – 3 hrs Ulan-Ude Japan – 4 hrs Moscow – 6 hrs Wladiwostok Peking Seoul Тokio Buryatia borders with Irkutskaya oblast, Republic of Tuva, Zabaikalsky krai and Mongolia.
4. Nature & recreation resources diversity of landscapes: mountains, steppes, woods, rivers, lakes 266 natural monuments rare animals and plants, 82% endemics. favorable climate, pure water and air 300 springs of mineral water and 47 fields of medicinal mud. specially protected natural zones (9,6% of Buryatia’s territory).6
5. Lake Baikal Baikal contains 23000 cubic km (about 20% of the world fresh water). nearly 25 million years old length 636 km, width 25-80 km deepest point – 1637 m average depth – 731 m length of coastal line - nearly 2000 km Baikal reservoir – 570 thousand sq. km 22 islands, 336 rivers flow into Baikal, Angara River rises 2565 kinds and subspecies of animals and 1000 kinds subspecies and forms of water plants registered, 2/3 of them are endemics.
6. Historical and Cultural Heritage more than 1700 historical and cultural monuments ethnic and cultural peculiarities of native peoples traditional culture of the old-Orthodox believers of Baikal Lakeside multi religious world art and literature, Folklore and handicrafts memorable events, traditions, customs, hospitality as a part of culture8
7. Perspective Types of Tourism Barguzin valley Religious tours Entic tours “To Old Believers of Buryatia” “The Great Tea Road” Tours to hot springs•Cruises on Lake Baikal•Cultural•Ethnographic•Religious•Adventure Tours•Environmental•Medical - health•Hunting and Fishing Ulan-Ude
8. Events: Celebrations, Festivals, Forums
9. Tourist RoutesTRANSSIBERIAN EXPRESS
10. Tourism investment projectsFederal tourism economic zones A Baikal HarborRegional tourism economic zonesOEZ TRT “Baikal harbor” The North Baikal Tunkinskaia Valley Podlemorje Acagat Valley Ulan-Ude Kyakhta
11. Year of Tourism in the Republic of BuryatiaBaikal festival of winter Tourist Fair “Tourism International Eco- Ehor-Party Russian Rock Festivalsport games. and Recreation in Tourist Forum International Festaval “Munko-Saridak 2013”International festival of Buryatia” July “Steppe Nomad” Maysport fishing “Baikal 19-20 April www.visitrussia- July www.baikal-Fishing 2013” www.baikaltravel.ru baikal.ru www.minkultrb.ru extreme.ru5-6 Aprilwww.megatitan.ru 13 www.baikaltravel.ru www.visitburyatia.ru
12. WELCOME TO SUNNY BURYATIA!
13. ALTAI REGION
14. ALTAI REGIONLocation
15. ALTAI REGIONAltai region – a tourist paradise
16. ALTAI REGIONTourism  885 tourist organizations, including 610 collective and individual means accommodation;  47.2 thousand of placements, including 16.6 thousand – opened all year round;  16.2 thousand people engaged in tourism;  1.5 million tourists and visitors.
17. ALTAI REGION Branded tourist route “Small Golden Ring of Altai” Biysk town Biopharmaceutical cluster Biysk town Srostki village Tourist complex «Aya»Resort city of federal significance Belokuriha SEZ TRT «Sky Blue Katun»
18. ALTAI REGIONBiysk town Biopharmaceutical cluster Tourist route “Small Golden Ring of Altai”
19. ALTAI REGIONCultural – informative cluster “Srostki” Tourist-recreational cluster «Aya» Tourist route “Small Golden Ring of Altai”
20. ALTAI REGIONSpecial Economic Zone ofTourist – Recreational Type “Sky Blue Katun” Arhaeological park «Crossroads of Worlds» Taldinskaya large cave Tourist route “Small Golden Ring of Altai”
21. ALTAI REGIONResort city of federal significance Belokuriha Tourist route “Small Golden Ring of Altai”
22. ALTAI REGIONBranded tourist route “Large Golden Ring of Altai”
23. ALTAI REGION WELCOME TOTHE ALTAI REGION!
24. KHANTY - MANSIYSK AUTONOMOUS OKRUG - UGRA Active, Fishing and hunting, Extreme, Ethnographic, Siberian spa,Agricultural and ecological tourism, River and oil-tours, Business and events tourism
25. Khanty-Mansyisk Autonomus Okrug - Ugra Active toursMountain skiing, snowboarding, horse riding, going by four wheeledmotorbikes, boats, snowmobiles and catamarans are popular among tourists
26. Khanty-Mansyisk Autonomus Okrug - Ugra The rivers and lakes are the real paradise for fishermen and sportsmen. The Ob is where sturgeon, salmon and whitefish feed. There is no match in whitefish quality or quantity either in Russia or elsewhere in the world. There are all hospitality, fishing and hunting opportunities in the okrug. Fishing and hunting tours
27. Khanty-Mansyisk Autonomus Okrug - Ugra Ethnographic tours
28. Khanty-Mansyisk Autonomus Okrug - Ugra There are built thermal complexes, SPA-saloons, modern waterparks with swimming-pools, water slides, whirlpool bath, ice skating rinks. For guests are offered SPA-procedure, massage, aroma-, stone-, phytotherapy, rejuvenation, solarium, yoga and others. Siberian spa
29. Khanty-Mansyisk Autonomus Okrug - Ugra Surprises and discoveries are expected travelers in Ugra. They are given the opportunity to visit oilfields of the largest Russian oil- companies - «Surgutneftegaz», «Rosneft», «LUKOIL», and other objects of the most energy extensive developed region in Russia «Zvezdny meridians of Ugra»: oil-tours
30. Khanty-Mansyisk Autonomus Okrug - Ugra Traditional agricultural tours are included rest on the bank of the river, hunting and fishing, sitting round at the fire, gathering, sauna and etc. Additional entertainment is going by cycles, horse- riding, excursions to the local sights, acquainted with traditions and mode of Ugrian people life. Agricultural and ecological tourism
31. Khanty-Mansyisk Autonomus Okrug - Ugra There are forums, congress, specialized exhibitions, biathlon competitions, the International Debut Film Festival of Cinematography «Spirit of Fire», the International ecological action «Save and Preserve», the International invest forum «Ugra». Business and events tourism
32. Khanty-Mansyisk Autonomus Okrug - Ugra Welcome to Ugra!
33. GREAT URAL
34. GREAT URAL
35. GREAT URAL TRANSPORT CONVENIENTINFRASTUCTURE HOTELS
36. GREAT URALACTIVE TOURS
37. GREAT URALMOUNTAIN SKIING
38. GREAT URALMINERALOGICAL TOURS
39. GREAT URALECO TOURS
40. GREAT URAL The anomalous areas The dolmens The underground tunnels The Gods and legends of prehistoric times TOURS TO THEMYSTERIOUS PLACES
41. GREAT URALRURAL TOURS
42. GREAT URALCULTURALHERITAGE
43. GREAT URAL GREAT URAL – GREAT EVENTS Travel Forum «Great Ural»International travel fair World Expo 2020 Candidate April 5-6 April 5-6
44. www.uralinfotour.ruWELCOME TO THE GREAT URAL!
45. NOVGOROD REGIONVeliky Novgorod — the birthplace of Russia
46. NOVGOROD REGION
47. NOVGOROD REGIONTourist center “Veliky Novgorod” Novgorod is known for the variety and age of its medieval monuments. Novgorod is among the oldest cities of Russia, founded in the 9th or 10th century. The city state controlled most of Europes northeast making it one of the largest states in medieval Europe. Veliky Novgorod The сity of UNESKO World Cultural Heritage About 70 unique historical monuments in Novgorod region are included into the UNESCO World Heritage List; 37 of them are based in the town of Novgorod. Veliky Novgorod — the birthplace of Russia
48. NOVGOROD REGION Veliky Novgorod- the town of HanzaThe largest hanseatic centers, Gothic and German yards were situated in Veliky Novgorod 65
49. NOVGOROD REGION Yaroslav’s CourtyardAncient Market Place hosts craftsmen fairs in the surroundings of historical monuments of 11-17th centuries
50. NOVGOROD REGION “Knyazhya Bratchina” (Prince’s armed force) Those who are into medieval style dancing, singing, playing ancient musical instruments, dramatic performances or military reconstruction clubs from all over Russia, the Baltic region, Finland, and Sweden are more than welcome to participate in the festival. June 29, July 27, August 24, 2013Knyazhya Bratchina is a holiday where history runs the whole show!
51. NOVGOROD REGION“Novgorod Veche” A breathtaking journey into the times of medieval Novgorod with outstanding performances, master-classes and Russian traditional meals. A musical in 3 parts (following the roots of Novgorod history, birch bark writing and Ekaterina II plays). June 8, July 13, August 17, 2013 Performances in the Novgorod Kremlin
52. NOVGOROD REGION Novgorod IconsA unique collection of Old Russian Icons exposes over 200 museum items including the icon of St. Peter and Paul in Byzantine style 69
53. NOVGOROD REGIONArcheology in Veliky Novgorod 9-meter archeological strata of Veliky Novgorod is included into the UNESCO’s World Heritage List. Over 2000 medieval letters on birch back have been excavated for the past 30 years of research. Excavations оn Troitskaya street are open for tourists. Guided tours are available. 70
54. NOVGOROD REGION Ancient Russian way of lifeWooden Architecture Museum preserves authentic monuments of 16th-19th centuries and backcasts traditional countryside life 71
55. NOVGOROD REGION Tourist center Borovichi1 day rafting tours along the Msta river rapids is popular among the tourists. 72
56. NOVGOROD REGION Tourist center “Valday” The landscapes of the tourist center were formed during the Ice Age and are characteristic for glacial landscape forms. The unique natural potential: over 200 lakes, Valday national park, the unique biosphere conservancy area (according to UNESCO)Popular tourist destination is in the middle of the Valdaysky National Park
57. NOVGOROD REGIONTourist center “Staraya Russa” Staraya Russa is a balneological resort, praised for its mineral springs used for baths, drinking, and inhalations; medicinal silt mud of Lake Verkhneye and Lake Sredneye, and mud from artificial reservoirs. Feodor Dostoevskiy’s Memorial Estate is situated in Staraya Russia. Natural Museum of the Region 74
58. NOVGOROD REGIONTourist center LubitinoThe open-air museum in Lubytino village reconstructs a 10thcentury Russian settlement and offers a trip back into OldRussian History. Slavic village of X century 75
59. NOVGOROD REGION “The Cradle of Russia”5-day bus tour into the mostancient cities of RussiaFeb 19, Apr 3, Jul 02, Aug13, 2013Partners: travel agency«Smolensk travel»tel. +7 (4812) 40 43 75Travel agency «Service-tour»,tel +7 (8162) 63 48 01Web:www.oldrussiatour.ru Interregional touristic route «The Cradle of Russia» 76 Moscow – Smolensk – Pskov - Veliky Novgorod - Moscow
60. NOVGOROD REGION TransportHigh-speed «Sapsan» trainsSt.Petersburg – Moscow (№153 , №163)Moscow – St.Petersburg (№154 , №164)(stop-over in Chudovo and Okulovka)Daily trainsMoscow-Veliky Novgorod (№ 042А): 9:50 pm-06:10 amVeliky Novgorod- Moscow (№ 042Ч): 9:20 pm-05:30 amHigh-speed «Lastochka» trainsSt.Petersburg – Veliky Novgorod(№171): 07:11-09:50 amVeliky Novgorod- St.Petersburg (№172): 18:30-21:15BusesRiga – Veliky Novgorod: Tue, Thurs, Sat 08:30-21:00Veliky Novgorod – Riga: Mon, Wed, Fr 18:20-05:00 City Train Bus Car Moscow 9 h 15 min 7 h 30 min 7h 524 km St. Petersburg 2 h 40 min 3 h 20 min 2 h 20 min 186 km
61. NOVGOROD REGION WELCOME TOTHE NOVGOROD REGION!
62. DISCOVERYAROSLAVL REGION
63. YAROSLAVL REGION – THE GOLDEN RING OF RUSSIA
64. YAROSLAVL – ADMINISTRATIVE CENTREYaroslavl’s historic centre – in the UNESCO World Heritage List 2010 – 1000th anniversary
65. YAROSLAVL REGION - A JOURNEY INTO REAL RUSSIA! ROSTOV THE GREAT - SPIRITUAL CENTRE OF RUSSIA1151 years PERESLAVL – ZALESSKY - HOME OF THE RUSSIAN NAVY861 years
66. YAROSLAVL REGION – A JOURNEY INTO REAL RUSSIA! UGLICH – TOWN FOR FAMILY AND KIDS1076 years MYSHKIN – MOST FAMOUS RUSSIAN TOURIST BRAND
67. YAROSLAVL REGION TOURISM – ALL TYPES!261 travelcompanies5 000 historical and culturalmonuments and natural artefacts250 various museums
68. YAROSLAVL CULTURAL TOURISM - ORIGINAL MUSEUMS! Dawdle Museum Rostov Enamel Russian Vodka Museum MuseumFelt Boots Museum Iron Museum Time and Music Museum
69. YAROSLAVL REGION – TERRITORY OF EVENTS! Volkov International Theatre Festival International Classic Music Festival under the patronage of Yuri Bashmet International Jazz FestivalWinger Fun Festival Air-Balloon Festival Open-Air Rock Festival
70. YAROSLAVL REGION – TERRITORY OF EVENTS!Yaroslavl Maslenitsa – ChiefRussian Maslenitsa Festival
71. MICE TOURISM: CONGRESSES, EXHIBITIONSGlobal Policy Forum“Visit Russia”International TouristForumYaroslavl Energy Forum
72. ACTIVE TOURISM CRUISE TOURISM
73. TOURIST INVESTMENT PROJECTS «Golden Ring» «Yaroslavl Seaside» International Resort International Resort•3 - 4* hotels, 3000 rooms• congress-center unique for the Central Russia resort• spa and fitness center zone > 1 mln. visitors per year• theme park• children’s and educational zone
74. INDUSTRY OF HOSPITALITY/ HOTEL INFRASTRUCTURE SK-Royal 5* Ring Premier Hotel 4* Strategic Plan for Hotel Infrastructure Development and LocationVolga Pearl Hotel 3* Manor Hotel 3* Ibis Hotel 3*
75. YAROSLAVL REGION – THE HEART OF RUSSIAarea - 36,400 sq. km.population - 1.312 mln people2047km - Yaroslavl – Berlin280 km – Yaroslavl – Moscow850 km - Yaroslavl - St. PetersburgNorthern Railway M8 Federal Highway Berlin Tunoshna Airport Center of the Cruise Industry Yaroslavl can be reached by any means of transport
76. YAROSLAVL REGION –TERRITORY OF HOSPITALITY WWW.YARREGION.RU
77. Kaliningrad regionAmber West of Russia
78. The Kaliningrad region has a great capacity for tourism. Federal seaside resorts, a great number of historical heritage objects,favorable natural and landscape conditions and unique water resources – all this recourses may attract a great inflow of tourists in the westernmost region of Russia!
79. The Accessibility Kaliningrad is only 40 km away from the Polish border and 79 km awayfrom the Lithuanian border. The nearest regional center of Russia is Pskov. It is 800 km away from Kaliningrad.Moscow is 1289 km away from Kaliningrad.
80. The AccessibilityThe distances to the nearest European capitals are relatively short:350 km to Vilnius390 km to Riga400 km to Warsaw600 km to Berlin650 km toStockholm680 km toCopenhagen850 km to Oslo
81. The Accessibility In order to enter the Kaliningrad Region foreign citizen should get Russian visa in aRussian consulate inthe country of their residence.International Cruise Ship/Ferry Passengers are permitted to visit Russian portswithout a visa for a period of up to 72 hours!
82. KaliningradAdministrative and cultural center of the regionKaliningrad (former – Konigsberg), wasfounded in 1255 on the place of Prussian fortress Tvangeste
83. Great people Kaliningrad regionis the land of great people such as Immanuel Kant,Theodor A.Gofman, Leonard Euler, Fredric Bessel
84. Curonian SpitThe Curonian spit isthe real pearl of theKaliningrad seaside. It has unique landscape flora which is protected by the Red Book.
85. Curonian Spit The Curonian Spit dunes are the highest ones in Europe. If you mounted the dune Efa, you can seefresh water gulf andsalt sea at the same time
86. Amber 90% of the world amber resources are excavated onthe territory of theKaliningrad region, in the Yantarniy municipality.
87. AmberIn the Kaliningradregion there is theonly one in RussiaMuseum of Amber.
88. RecreationThe Kaliningrad region is the unique resort territory of Russia on the Baltic Sea.The health-resort and spa profile of thisSambia peninsula part of the Baltic Sea wasdetermined in the 19 century. This was facilitated by the climatic conditions, proximity to the sea, the coastal pine groves with phytoncides, mineral waters and muds.
89. EventsFor those who are interested of outdoor and cultural tourism must visitbecoming popularreconstruction and dramatized performances of the historical events.
90. EventsRe-enactment of episodes of the 1807 Battle ofPreussisch-Eylau
91. Calendar of Events Folk festival ‘Herring Day’ April Museum Night in Kaliningrad May,The ‘Baltic Seasons’ International Arts Festival June, September-October Fisherman’s Day, JulyThe International Kaliningrad City Jazz Festival, August The International Festival of Picking-Up Amber, August The International Horse JumpingChampionship Russian Presidents Equestrian Sport Cup CSI ****‘ September
92. Countryside tourism The Kaliningradregion was the firstone in Russia which started to develop countrysidetourism. Now there are more that 50 countryside guest houses in the region.
93. Countryside tourismAll the homemadepickles are ready, the horses stand saddled and the fishing tacklesalready unpacked.
94. National Regional Park – «Vishtynetskiy» (transborder natural object –Rominten Forest)
95. Countryside tourismBicycle tourismbecomes morepopular in our region.
96. Ministry for Tourism of the Kaliningrad region E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org http://tourism.gov39.ru Regional Tourism Information Center E-mail:email@example.com://visit-kaliningrad.ru
97. Welcome toKaliningrad region!
98. Krasnodar Region
99. Krasnodar Region (alsoknown as The Kuban) RussiaDistance to Moscow – 1380km Moscow(flight time 2 hours)Time difference – BelarusUTC/GMT +4 Germany Poland Ukrain France Italy Romania Spain Turkey
100. Eysk Airports: Krasnodar & Adler - international Anapa & Gelendzhik - domesticAzov Rail service from any Russian citySea 9 sea ports Anapa Krasnodar • a part of South Federal District Novorossyisk • area: 76,000 sq.kmGelendzhik • population: 5 161 000 Tuaps • capital: Krasnodar e • biggest cities: Black Sea Sochi Krasnodar, Sochi, Novorossyisk
101. Two climatic regions: Mediterranean / Subtropical in the Continental in the North Southeast and along the Black SeaCity Jan - Mar- May- Jul- Sep- Nov- Feb Apr Jun Aug Okt DecSochi 3-6 C 7-11 C 16-20 C 22-25 C 20-25 C 8-11 CKrasnaya 3-9 C 14-18 C 19 C 10-15 C 2-6 CPolyana -1-2 C
102. Main tourist attractions:the Black Sea the Azov Western coastline (“Russian Sea Caucasus Riviera”) coastline mountain slopes25% of Russian hotels and resorts are situated in Krasnodar region
103. The Black Sea coastinclude Sochi, Tuapse, Gelendzhik,Novorossiysk,Anapa. Main ski resort - KrasnayaPolyana with modern equipmentMore than 10 millions of tourists come each yearfrom Armenia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Belorus &Europe (Germany, Greece, Turkey, USA, Israel,Gr.Britain)Administration of the region supports info & famtrips for international travel agencies. Japan, GreatBritain, Italy, China – already have visited the region
106. TUAPSE DISTRICT
107. YEISK DISTRICT
108. Sea resortsmore than 400 hotels from mini& apart-hotels to luxuryresorts
109. more than 400 hotels
110. more than 400 hotels
111. more than 400 hotels
112. Mineral &thermal resortswith medicalservices
113. Mineral & thermal resorts
114. Active tours:hiking, cycling,surfing, rafting, diving,etc.
115. Active tours
116. Active tours
117. Active tours
118. Active tours
119. Ski & snowboard
120. Ski & snow board
121. Ski & snow board
122. Wine & wineSPA therapytours
123. Wine & wine SPA therapy tours
124. Wine & wine SPA therapy tours
125. Ecotourism& agriculture
127. Ethnic toursto A AMAN complex T
128. ATAMAN complex
129. ATAMAN complex
130. ATAMAN complex
131. ATAMAN complex
132. ATAMAN complex
133. Sochi is the host cityof Winter Olympic Games of 2014!
134. Sochi Olympic VenuesSochi Olympic Bolshoi Ice Palace Sochi OlympicStadium Ice hockey competitions Skating CenterOfficial Games Figure skating, short trackopening and closing competitionsceremony
135. Sochi Olympic VenuesOlympic Oval Maly Ice Palace Olympic Curling Ice hockey competitions, CenterSpeed skating including sledge hockeycompetitions Curling competitions tournaments within the framework of winter Paralympic Games 2014
136. Sochi Olympic VenuesRussian National Sliding Center Biathlon And Cross CountryLuge, bobsleigh and skeleton events Cross-country skiing, Nordic combined and biathlon eventsAlpine Resort Russian National Ski JumpingAll alpine skiing disciplines: downhill, Centercombined (downhill and slalom), giant Ski jumping and Nordic combined eventsslalom and the super giant slalom