- In a student learning module for
What is concept map
• A concept map is a dendritic type of diagram
depicting the big picture of knowledge
• The diagram often consists of concept labels
linked to each other by directional lines, which
are usually also labeled.
• Concept maps are effective tools to assess
An example of concept map
Is a plant
Live in trees
Elements of a concept map
• The basic element is the proposition: two
concepts linked by a labeled connection.
• Propositions are linked to form the hierarchic
structure of the concept map
• The hierarchic structure may have multiple
How to draw a concept map
• Select the key concepts of the topic under
• On a large piece of paper, write the key
concepts down in boxes
• Link concepts with a line and label the line
with the relationship between the concepts
• Continue till the concepts are all linked
Evaluating concept maps
• Concept maps can be quantitatively evaluated
by correctness and complexity
• The number of correct propositions
• The number of layers
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.