1. Writing PHP scripts
- Writing PHP scripts, learn about PHP code structure, how to write and execute a simple
PHP script and to add comments within your code.
2. Variables and Data Types
- Learn about Variables, values and Data Types in PHP: boolean, integer, float, string, array,
object, Resource, null.
3. Numbers and mathematical 0perators
- Introducing Numbers and mathematical 0perators, some PHP functions for more complex
operations with numbers.
4. PHP Strings
- Working with strings, using simple and double quotes, escaping quotes and other
characters, concatenating strings, some functions for strings.
- Introducing Constants, syntax for defining constants, differences between variables and
6. Superglobal $_SERVER Array
- Get information such as headers, paths, and script locations by using elements from
Superglobal $_SERVER Array.
7. PHP Error Handling and Debugging
- PHP MySQL course - Error Handling, debugging and trigger errors and how to adjust the
level of error reporting, handling exceptions.
8. If ... Else conditionals, Comparative and Logical operators
- Make PHP script takes decisions with If, Else, Elseif conditional statements. Compare two
values with Comparative and Logical operators. The ternary operator.
9. Using HTML Forms
- Using HTML Forms, PHP form handling, get data sent from form fields through GET and
POST method, form validation.
10. $_GET, $_POST and $_REQUEST Variables
- How to send data with get and post methods to a PHP script and access it with superglobal
$_GET, $_POST and $_REQUEST variables.
11. Switch ... Case ...
- PHP MySQL course - Switch ... Case ... conditional statement, switch with break and default
12. While Loops
- Using While and Do Wile Loops. End the While loops with the break instruction. Syntax and
13. For and Foreach Loops
- Using for() and foreach() Loops. End the "For" loops with the break instruction. Syntax and
14. PHP Arrays
- Creating Numeric (indexed) Arrays and Associative arrays. Accessing, modifying and
traversing array elements.
15. Multidimensional arrays and array functions
- Creating and working with multidimensional arrays, some array functions, traversing and
sorting multidimensional array elements.
16. PHP functions
- Creating and using your own functions with or without parameters, calling functions, the
return statement, recursive functions.
17. Functions, Variable scope and Passing by Reference
- Variable scope and Functions. Using GLOBAL and STATIC variables, passing variables by
18. PHP Anonymous functions - Closures
- About Anonymous Functions, also known as Closures, how to create and use closures.
19. Include and Require
- Insert the content of external files into a PHP file with Include and Require functions,
20. File Handling with fopen
- File Handling with fopen(), create new file, write and read text file content with fopen(),
fwrite(), fread() and fgets() functions. Moving the internal pointer, rewind() and fseek().
21. File Upload
- This lesson shows how to upload files on the server, with PHP and an HTML form.
Uploading files script.
22. Exploring Folders
- Exploring the Folder system, creating folders with PHP, reading a directory content. Get
information about a file path.
- Setting and accesing cookies with PHP, retrieve a Cookie value, deleting cookies.
- Setting and handling Session variables. Accessing and deleting session, destroy sessions.
Store encrypted data in sessions.
25. RegExp - Regular Expressions
- RegExp patterns - Regular Expressions. Examples with preg_match, preg_match_all, and
preg_replace functions for string matching and string substituting operations.
26. Date and Time
- Date and Time functions, handle date and time information, UNIX timestamp, set and get
27. DateTime and DateTimeZone classes
- Handle date and time information with PHP DateTime and DateTimeZone classes and
objects, reset /change Timezone, get the difference between two dates.
28. Sending E-mails
- Sending E-mails, mail() function. Create a mail contact form script, validate e-mail address,
filter input email data, and add the "From", "Conten-Type" (utf-8), and "Reply-To" headers in
29. PHP MySQL Introduction, Data Types
- PHP MySQL Introduction, database structure, tables. MySQL naming rules, and column's
30. PHP MySQL - using MySQLi
- Using MySQLi object-oriented (MySQL Improved) to connect to MySQL server. Perform SQL
queries to create a database and tables.
31. PHP MySQL - INSERT INTO
- Insert data in MySQL table with MySQLi object, INSERT INTO query. Get the auto ID from
the last INSERT query with insert_id() method. Insert data from a form into a database.
32. PHP MySQL - SELECT, ORDER BY
- Retrieve and display data from a MySQL table, SELECT SQL command. Determine the
number of records to return with the LIMIT option. Sort query results with ORDER BY clause
(ASC and DESC).
33. PHP MySQL - WHERE and LIKE
- Selecting specific data from a database with the WHERE clause and Conditionals. Check for
string matching with LIKE and NOT LIKE terms.
34. PHP MySQL - UPDATE
- UPDATE query to edit / change existing records in MySQL table.
35. PHP MySQL - DELETE
- The DELETE statement, used to entirely remove records from a database table.
36. MySQL Aliases and Functions
- Using MySQL Aliases and functions, text, numeric / mathematical, and date and time
PHP PDO - MySQL
37. PHP PDO - Introduction and Connecting to Databases
- Introduction to PHP PDO, Connecting to various databases, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite,
38. PHP PDO - exec (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) MySQL
- Using the exec() method to perform MySQL query, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE.
39. PHP PDO - Select query, fetch
- Select data in a MySQL table using the PDO query method, and FETCH constants.
40. PHP PDO - prepare and execute
- How to use the prepare() and execute() methods to perform SQL queries, bindParam, and
41. PHP PDO - setAttribute, beginTransaction and commit
- setAttribute(), beginTransaction(), and commit(). Determine how to handle the errors, and
execute multiple different SQL queries.
OOP - Classes and Objects
42. OOP - Creating Classes and Objects
- OOP (object-oriented programming), creating classes and objects. Setting properties and
methods in a class, with public, private or protected attribute. Instantiate an object of a class.
43. OOP - Constructor Method
- Creating classes with a Constructor Method, __construct(). Setting optional parameters in
a constructor method.
44. PHP OOP - Accessor and Destructor methods
- How to use Accessor methods to set and get property values, defining Destructor methods.
PHP functions for checking data type.
45. OOP - Constants, Static Properties and Methods
- Defining and accessing class Constants, Static Properties and Static Methods.
46. OOP - Inheritance, class extends
- Inheritance, learn how to extend a class, create subclasses (child classes) that inherit all of
the public and protected methods from a parent class. Overriding methods.
47. OOP - Final Classes and Methods
- OOP - Final Classes and Methods, how to create a class that cannot be extended, and
methods that cannot be overridden.
48. Magic Methods __get, __set, __call, __toString
- About Magic (or interceptor) Methods and their utility in classes, __get, __set, __call,
49. OOP - Abstract classes
- Creating Abstract classes and methods, extends an abstract class.
50. PHP OOP - Interfaces
- Interface, a special class used like a template for classes, defines the methods required in a
group of similar classes.
51. Functions with Object and Array arguments
- How to set functions to accept only certain data type for its parameters, Object and Array
52. PHP Method Chaining
- Learn how to chain public and static methods invocations in single instruction.
PHP - DOMDocument - HTML
53. getElementById and getElementsByTagName
- Learn how to get HTML elements from a HTML document using getElementById() and
getElementsByTagName(), methods of the DOMDocument class.
54. Working with HTML attributes in PHP
- Learn how to use the functions of the DOMElement class to read, set and remove
attributes in HTML elements; getAttribute(), hasAttribute(), setAttribute(), and
PHP - XML
55. XML Documents
- XML Documents, a brief introduction of initiation, the syntax and structure of an XML
document. XML and DTD (Document Type Definition).
56. PHP XML DOM
- Creating XML documents with PHP XML DOM (Document Object Model), DomDocument
object, read and modify data in XML documents.
- PHP MySQL course - Using the SimpleXML functions to read and modify XML content.