take a half day to sit down
as a management team to
answer the following
based on the 5 phases of
the cloud adoption
• What benefits do you need to
achieve (cost, agility) for this to
be a success?
• What metrics will you collect to
• What constraints / requirements
impact whether you go with
Private, Public, or Hybrid Cloud?
CLOUD PLANNING QUESTIONS
• Do you want single or multiple
• How do you differentiate
• How can you reduce lock-in
PARTNER SELECTION QUESTIONSPLAN
• What, how fast, and in which order
do you migrate – the minimum
• Are your operational processes
ready to benefit from the cloud?
• Can sourcing deal with procuring in
minutes vs. months.
• What about accounting & billing?
• What does cloud mean for your org
structure? What new roles or skill
competencies do you need?
• How do you manage operational controls?
• Regulatory compliance (MAS' new stance
on Cloud as of November)
• Business Continuity
• Incident and Problem Management
• Ownership, Responsibility, Accountability
• Jurisdiction – where is my data and can I
• How do you manage service levels and
contracts to get the most from your cloud
• If you move to a self service model, how do
you control consumption?
• What’s after cloud and how do
your decisions now enable /
constrain your ability to make the
WHAT’S NEXT QUESTIONSPLAN
Thanks to the following collaborators
• Peter Stephens
• Roman Gollent
• John Ord
• Jim Barrett
stay up to date with my future
COVER IMAGE SOURCE:
Please note that all content & opinions expressed in this deck are my own and don’t
necessarily represent the position of my current, or any previous, employers