1. We welcome you all to the world of LOVE,
CULTURE, HERITAGE, bounties of NATURE
2. Team 3
• Renzil D Cruz
• Sejal Visawadia
• Vidhi Shah
3. UP at a glance -
• Uttar Pradesh, the heartland of India, is known for its rich Heritage, Culture
and bounties of Nature. It is home to some of the greatest monuments like Taj,
the most ancient civilisations in the world, the seat of Buddhism and the colours
of all faiths.
• Uttar Pradesh is one of the favourite destinations for both foreign and domestic
tourists. It is a common destination for a quarter of all foreign tourists to India
and all domestic tourists within India.
• It is the land that gave a new meaning to etiquette and continues to redefine the
true meaning of love.
There is this and much more to Uttar Pradesh.
4. About U.P Tourism
• In order to prepare schemes relating to the development
of tourism and to execute them, the Directorate of
Tourism was established in the year 1972 of which the
Director General was an I.A.S. officer.
• In 1974 the Uttar Pradesh State Tourism Development
Corporation was established to look after the commercial
activities which are a part of development of tourism.
5. • The Tourism Development Policy has been framed in
Uttar Pradesh under which Tourist circuits are being
developed in the following manner :-
1. Buddhist Circuit
2. Bundelkhand Circuit
3. Braj (Agra-Mathura)Circuit
4. Awadh Circuit
5. Vindhya- Varanasi Circuit
6. Water Cruise
7. Wild Life -Eco Adventure Circuit
6. Digital Strategy
For promoting UP Tourism
• Promoting Uttar Pradesh Tourism
• Creating awareness about the tourism destinations in
Uttar Pradesh and induce response.
• Establishing UP Tourism’s credentials across various
demographics & geographies and promulgate the
potential of tourism in Uttar Pradesh
8. Some Statistics
• Visits to travel sites in India has witnessed 50% increase as compared to last
• Travel Sites are now reaching more than 1/3rd of the Internet population in
• Leading travel sites all witnessing double-digit growth to their websites
• Travel sites in India witness strong engagement levels >10 minutes per visit.
• Internet is primary source of information for 95% of travelers globally
• Globally, an average of 48% of bookings are made over the internet
• 78% of all air tickets sold by airlines in India online.
9. UP Tourism presence on Web
10. Critical Evaluation of the Website
• Very dynamic.
• Too many spotlights.
• Site not verified by Google.
• Blogspot not active.
• Not enough backlinks.
• Well Optimized for Google
search on UP tourism.
• Needs optimization on
heritage, India, tourism,
culture, religion etc.
11. Traffic statistics
Google.com &.in search Results:
• Not on 1st page for India tourism.
• 1st for Taj Mahal.
• Not on 1st page for incredible India.
• Not on 1st page for heritage India tourism.
12. CREATING PULL
13. Look at other States
14. Look at other States
15. UP’s USP-
Only F1 circuit
More Palace Hotels than
Largest no. of Airports
Biggest Road network
than any state
Maximum rail Junctions
• Better tourism infrastructure than other states.
• Large number of tourist destinations.
• Can attract more International tourists.
17. Upull- Lacking
• Right promotion
• Luxury angle to promotion (80% mass tourists spend
20% and vice versa)
• Religious Circuit promotion
• Heritage and handicrafts Promotion
18. Creating UPull
• SEM- keywords with India travel, incredible India,
Buddhism, heritage and architecture.
• Sponsored alliance with HolidayIQ
– Contextual Display advertising
• Mobile app- by a government authority
19. Creating Properties for UPull
• A Luxury train like: Palace on Wheels, Deccan Odyssey
and Golden Chariots – Brings in cream of International
• Benares festival such as Pushkar Mela.
• International Handicrafts Expo.
• Legacy Circuit- Heritage and History of India.
20. Creating Properties for UPull
What tourists Looks for?
• Rustic India
• Quick Getaway
• Economical Stay
21. CREATING UPULL
Get International Tourists, Domestic will follow
That is what happened with Goa, Kerala, MP, Rajasthan and
22. CREATING DIGITAL UPULL
More than 70% of Internet population worldwide is receptive
to travel ads
23. A fresh look at the Website
• Revamp the Website with Clean and 1click navigation.
• Wordpress CMS (Content Management system) – does
40-50% of SEO.
• Easy to manage and administer.
• Millions of Plug-ins available.
• Implement Google Analytics for measuring and analysis
of the performance of website.
• Implement photo blogging and social sharing.
• International Language Support.
25. Our Target Geographies-
Asia & Middle east
26. Servicing the
travel portals &
wildlife etc.. )
• E -Guide
• Live Events
Amplifying the Promotion
27. Promoting UP Digitally - Advertising
• It all starts with Search
• SEM – Incredible India, India Tourism, Heritage, Mughal
and other tourism related
• On Google (60% budget), Yahoo (25%) and Bing (15%)!
31. Social Media
• Promote Destinations on FB via Picture contests and
‘Share your Experience’ posts.
• Winners to be tagged.
• Initiate Blogs.
• Announce blog winners every fortnight.
• Promote handicrafts via amazing facts and pictures.
• FaceBook Ads aimed at frequent travelers.
32. Social Media-
• Initiate International Photo blogging
contest during Kumbh Mela.
• Invite Professional photographers and amateurs.
• Tag pictures with UP, Incredible India, travel India and
post on FB and Up tourism blogs.
• Get international coverage, publish these pictures.
33. Mobile App
• Why Mobile app?
– Smartphones market growing
@ 52% PA
– Current penetration of 23%
– App resides in the phone and
hence return visits are high
– Reflex on seeing a URL, 40%
visits are from mobile
– Tablets alone will surpass PC sales
in 2.6 years
Source: Google Mobile
34. Travel App reference
35. The Uttar Pradesh App
• App to have on all destination
• Integrated with with
• Area guide
numbers & information
• FB place synced
• UP Tourism details
listing with contact details
• User driven