This presentation demonstrates the new capabilities of PowerPoint and it is best viewed in Slide Show. These slides are designed to give you great ideas for the presentations you’ll create in PowerPoint 2011!For more sample templates, click the File menu, and then click New From Template. Under Templates, click Presentations.
The process & art of
combining text & images to
communicate an effective
message in the design of
logos, graphics, brochures, ne
wsletters, posters, signs & any
other type of visual
GraphicDesign Visual Communication
Graphic design elements
• Graphic design elements are the building
blocks of graphics.
• Lines can be straight or
• How are lines used in the
composition on this slide?
• Hue is another word for color.
• Chroma is the intensity or purity of color.
• Tint is a color mixed with white.
• Tone is a color mixed with gray.
• Shade is a color mixed with black.
• Shapes are enclosed
objects that can be
created by line or
created by color and
value changes that
define their edges.
• Texture is the surface look of an object created by
varying dark and light areas.
What Function Does Graphic Design
o Design can make a brand memorable and
instantly recognizable to an audience.
o Good design makes us stand up and take
o Design can make a brand stand out from the
• The basis of good graphic design is use of design
elements and their thoughtful application in the
form of design principles.
• Clearly identify what you are trying to
accomplish — use design to convey your
• Brainstorm alternatives.