For real consumers
All images from Wikipedia with permissions
Every dollar is a vote
• Buy one shampoo and you vote
for shiny hair and dead rabbits
• Buy a different shampoo and you
can just get shiny hair.
• Buying a local brand is a vote for our children’s
• Buying from overseas is a vote for higher
You are Powerful
• Australia is one of several first world countries
• Population: 22.32 million (low in comparison)
• Average income: $72,800 p.a. Before tax
• = circulation of $1,624,896,000,000*
• This means a trillion votes!
* Note this is definitely not how much money Australians have put together. It is an approximate maximum of ‘voting power’
We rely on the less powerful
• We tend to rely on the government, who only
has billions of dollars
• This can only really be spent in surplus times,
• We need to use our own power responsibly.
• We need to know where to put our votes!
• The Idea - a Label, website guide, or shop
• Already a very good attempt exists:
• ...but only certain few types of people find it
The real consumer
• Real consumers want three things:
• We need something that appeals in these three
ways and works the responsibility behind the