How to Make it Worse
• No bins
• No education
• No incentive to change our habits
• Extra packaging (non-biodegradable)
• No way to deal with waste
• Encourage community to litter
How to Make a Difference
• Main focus
– Make looking after the environment appealing to all
– technology to make appealing sound when litter is placed inside
– encourage people, particularly children, to keep using litter bin
– clapping and cheering at a football match.
– voice from bin, “Yay your on Team Tidy!”
– “Taking Care of Environment” on National curriculum
– “What is litter?
– “How does it affect the environment?”
– “Solutions, what can we do to help?”.
– take note of different types of litter.
• Act as “Sergeant Major Recycle”
– pick up any rubbish seen on street
– encourage friends and family to put litter in
– encourage schools to put litter in bin
• Result of education
– share information with family and friends
– retain knowledge and skills to deal with litter
– show community how simple it is use as litter bin
– people who look after environment through a dedicated
TV channel or other advertising
– from company’s for people who help
– at the end of advertisement asking,
“What have YOU done to help the environment TODAY???”
• No more plastic bags!
– free fabric-based bags
– strong brown paper bags
• Less Packaging
– maximum one layer (if needed at all)
– significantly reduce waste to avoid litter
Step Outside the Box
• Ways to deal with litter
– make power out of litter
– burning litter creates heat
– (need to reduce carbon emissions!)
– heat used in certain ways makes power
– power creates electricity
– reduces reliance on fossil fuels
• Discourage littering
– ad campaign – graphics on TV, buses, billboards
– how litter affects environment
– people on effects of litter
– Shock them into thinking twice before littering
MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
SAVE THE FUTURE!
• PUT AN END TO LITTERING!
• HELP THE ENVIRONMENT!!!
• BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!!