1. My highlights from the book. Sebastiano Mereu All quotes by Steve Stoute except where stated differently.
2. Tanning: The foundation for a transformation.
3. Run reached down and removed one of his shoes, rapping out its name in the singular--"My Adida!"
4. Marketing must evolve beyond themonologue, to dialogue and to megalogue.
5. Cool really is a state of mind.
6. [Hip-hop] had a look, a language, gestures, a posture, a dance, such that kidswho didnt come from nothing wanted to have the badge too, to dress like it and act like it. That was the mix that became contagious.
7. Im just an early adopter. THE GOAL IS LIKABILITY --NOT SUPERIORITY.LL [Cool J] was always, as he would say, "at the front of the bell curve." If everybody else was wearing it, LL was off to ﬁnd something else--like the Kangol hat.
8. [Michael Jordan] wasnt selling sneakers at all; rather, he was selling dreams. - Phil Knight
9. Credibility in the pop culture marketplace is everything.
10. The message?Something has tobe wrong with oldCoke if it needsreinvention.
11. "What I did when I started my company was based on what I wanted to wear for myself." - Tommy Hilﬁger
12. See this glimpse of whoI am? I am badge-worthy.
13. The best storytellers are those who have that sense of citizen responsibility to the times in which they live.
14. "Its okay to be Goliath but always act like David." - Phil Knight
15. Instead of talking about technology, Apple learned early in its history to shift theconversation and have it about lifestyle, fun, individual expression, and ease of use.
16. Trends Are Perishable,Cool Is Forever
17. “We don’t need one bigexecution of a big idea. We needone big idea that can be used in amultidimensional, multilayered, and multifaceted way.” - Larry Light McDonalds Former Chief Marketing Officer
18. “ Forget sneakers, we’re going to do speakers. ” - Jimmy Iovine to Dr. Dre