67. #1: Data as Content Marketing Tons of great examples via Kelly Ford’s blog post: http://kellynford.com/2011/09/27/marketing-your-startup-with-a-steady-
68. #1: Data as Content Marketing While Kelly shows lots of good ways to use your growth/financial/metrics data, I also love using user/habit/trend data like
69. #2: Video Content + SERP Visuals For a brief time, SEOmoz held the top 3 spots for “learn seo,” and the video result in position #3 actually earned more traffic/clicks than the top 2
70. #2: Video Content + SERP Visuals Getting a video snippet simply requires embedding a video on the page (though standard YOUTube embeds don’t work) and submitting a video XML sitemap file. We use http://wistia.com which is awesome for this.
71. #3: Thought Leadership + Rel=AuthorWho needs to rank #1 when you can earn better traffic than the top ranking sites w/a photo?!
72. #4: Social Networks for Personalized Rankings Last year, Google used Facebook, Friendfeed, Twitter, Quora and several other social networks to show connected content. Today, it’s nearly impossible to find something socially annotated that’s not through Google+
73. #4: Social Networks for Personalized Rankings More on this: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/social-annotations-in-search-now-your- social-network-rankings You can see your socially connected data via
74. #4: Social Networks for Personalized Rankings Create Share-Worthy Content Win the Internet Share SociallyMore Searchers Biased Earn Rankings to Seeing Your Stuff Boost Network Amplification Get Natural Links Grows Reach through Visibility Earn More Social Followers Growing your social network and sharing socially creates a virtuous cycle of marketing/influence.
75. #5: Link Building w/ Your Social Followers Tactic via Wil Reynolds of SEER Interactive: http:/googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/our-new-search-index-caffeine.html http://www.seerinteractive.com/blog/using-twitter-and-backlinks-to-
76. #5: Link Building w/ Your Social Followers You can use Klout or Followerwonk scores (or just follower counts) to order the results
77. #5: Link Building w/ Your Social Followers Use vLookup in Excelwith the Linkscape APIto see if they’re linking to you yet How to: http://www.distilled.net/blog/seo/getting-started-with-the-
78. #5: Link Building w/ Your Social FollowersEngage w/ or reach out tosites you want links from This tactic can also be applied to blog commenters, email list subscribers and any social network where you can export a list of your friends/followers
79. #6: Long Tail SEO via Gamification http://quora.com has been highly effective with this, as have http://stackexchange.com, http://dribbble.com, and even Moz’s own
80. #7: PR through Social Outreach Starting a relationship over social media is easy and it leads to great press coverage surprisingly fast. Recent example from Moz: http://www.geekwire.com/2011/postit-wars- part-space-invaders-attack-pine-street
81. #8: Viral-Worthy Content via Q+A Research Places like http://answers.yahoo.com, http://quora.com, http://answers.com, virtually any web forum (http://boardreader.com is a good way to find them) and
82. #9: Influence Search Suggest through Branding You can see the original experiment here: https://plus.google.com/111294201325870406922/posts/BJJyt6rZ5Ku
83. #10: Leverage Thought Leaders to Build Content Via http://blog.folyo.me/post/10723370923/how-much-does-a-website-cost The concept is simple; identify leading influencers in your space, recruit them to contrbute something small, perhaps just a few survey answers, then aggregate and