1. Making Search SmarterJack MenzelProduct Management Director, Search Google Confidential and Proprietary
2. What is the perfect search engine?
3. Search should be accessible.
4. Search should be conversational.
5. Search should understand the world.
6. Search should get you the right answer.
7. Search should help you make better decisions.
8. Search should be truly universal.
9. The perfect search engine should understand exactly what you mean and give you back exactly what you want.
10. I dont really see science fiction as fiction.I can imagine colonies on Mars and everything.-Sigourney Weaver
11. Matching strings, not things The ice hockey team? The NBA team? The TV show?
12. Goal: Map the universe of things, not just web pages
13. The Google Knowledge Graph: Over the past two years,weve created a database of structured knowledge. 500 million people, places and things 3.5 billion defining attributes and connections
14. Refine to "see results about" the exact thing you meant.
15. Click and Google understands the "thing" youre looking for
16. Refining results in autocomplete
17. Relevant information on the right hand side of the page formillions of search queries.
18. Summaries are dynamic and intelligent, reflecting the most relevant kindsof facts for a given topic.
19. Explore and dig into a topic of interest.
20. Explore the Knowledge Graph
21. Explore the connections between people and things
22. Knowledge about the world
23. The Evolution of Search
24. Universal Search: search everything from one box
25. Useful results from your inbox in a beautifully easy-to-read way onthe results page
26. Search everywhere
27. The Future is Bright: As we continue to evolve thetechnology, well be able to help you answer harder andharder questions...Where can I attend a Lady Gaga concert in warm outdoor weather?Where can I find an amusement park with a vegetarian restaurant nearby?How many governors were born in a different state than they govern?What is the coldest lake in the world in July?