5 Things Your Landing Pages Can Learn From Las Vegas CasinosPresentation Transcript
5 THINGS YOURLANDING PAGE CAN LEARNFROM LAS VEGAS CASINOSJANET DRISCOLL MILLERNOVEMBER 10, 2011PUBCON VEGAS
1. Keep the promise.
1. KEEP THE PROMISE• Keyword and ad should match• Ad message and landing page message should match• DKI can make this difficult…
2. Layout should drive your conversion.
2. LAYOUT• Less than 8 seconds to make an impression• Make layout simple, easy to comprehend
3. Minimize distractions.
3. MINIMIZE DISTRACTIONS• Consider removing navigation• Minimize outbound links from the page• Focus on main message
4. Reduce barrier to entry.
4. REDUCE BARRIERS TO ENTRY• Keep forms as short as possible• Require the fewest fields possible• Consider the value of the offer compared to the cost of the offer
5. Attract focus to the conversion action.
Game House EdgeCraps (double odds) 0.60%Blackjack 0.80%Baccarat (banker) 1.17%Baccarat (player) 1.63%Pai Gow Poker 2.5%Roulette (single zero) 2.7%Three-Card Poker 3.4%Let It Ride 3.5%Sports Betting Game House Edge 4.5%Caribbean Stud Poker 5.26%Roulette (double zero) 5.6%Big 6 Wheel 11.1% to 24%Keno 25%Slot Machines 15%
5. ATTRACT FOCUS• Use complimentary colors to make the conversion action stand out• Design elements also help to point out the conversion action