- 2,274 views
1 Sean Arthur Schwartz ...
1 Sean Arthur Schwartz
MSU New Media Drivers License class Fall 2010.
Sharpie Social Media Campaign
2 These are the values sharpie creates for its consumers, it is not just a marker. Sharpie helps creative people flourish by expressing themselves with vibrant crazy colors! Sharpie also has a serious brawn side for bold business people. No matter how you put it Sharpie helps everyone, the company delivers an aesthetic value by giving the consumers artistic freedom to create what ever they want.
3. Overall Social Media theme: “Get your SHARPIE on!!!!”
All users of SHARPIE should send in stories/pictures of Who they are, When they used their Sharpie, How they used their Sharpie, and Where they used their Sharpie. Even if it is a drawing of a sliced up apple on a Styrofoam cup. The coolest stories/pictures will be featured on the Sharpie Youtube channel and embedded in the Sharpie Blog/Facebook. The new videos will also be tweeted about and screen shots of the things people drew will be shared on Flickr in the Sharpie Flickr groups.
Ryan got his Sharpie on afterhours on his friends face after everyone left the 21st birthday party…
4. Challenge: Break the clutter to create brand awareness.
Objective: Using Facebook, Twitter, Blog, Flickr and Youtube to deliver the message of our campaign and create a community around our brand.
Goal: Rejuvenate all Sharpie users to use markers as a form of powerful form of self expression
5. Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day. Social media is quickly becoming the most important part of every advertising campaign. Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Blogger, and Flickr will enable sharpie to most effectively reach their target market. With Facebook sharpie can create/maintain a community centered around their brand, with Twitter Sharpie can reach millions in seconds, with Blogger Sharpie can build brand equity, with Youtube Sharpie can expose the campaign to millions, and with FlickR Sharpie can create/join photo based groups for further community development around their brand.
The point is that everyone is on social media at all times because they are connected.
6. All channels social media should be integrated just like the three flavors of ice cream on top of the bald mans head. For example when Sharpie creates a commercial for Youtube to get exposure based on the best story of how one of it’s customers ‘’got their Sharpie on’’. The video should be embedded in the Facebook page, Tweeted, Blogged about, etc. Sharpie should also integrate its facebook and twitter as well as tweet its Blog posts and Flickr photos. Interlacing these platforms of social media will further develop the online community which is centered around the Sharpie brand.
7. People eat up content, search engines eat up content, so UPDATE your social mediums as frequently as possible. Re-tweet peoples posts, @mention peoples names, address peoples comments or questions, add your own updates on twitter/facebook every time there is a new blog post, pictures, or video. ETC. Keep your content updated!
If content sits around for a while people will become uninterested and this may have an adverse effect on the brand itself.
8. Target a variety of different markets with Google adwords. Sharpie can not only target the people looking for good quality markers but the people who seek new forms of self-expression such as artists.
The adwords are: Permanent Marker, Colorful Marker, Sharpie Markers, Self Expression, Art, and Drawing.
The ad will say: Get your SHARPIE on, Express your vibrant personality, TELL US AND WIN, (website landing page)
9. If sharpie sees an increase in # of @Mentions, Fans, Followers/Subscribers/, and traffic rates we will know the campaign has been a success to an extent. Because our social media campaign will effectively have spread brand awareness. If Sharpie has an increase in participation then the campaign will be a tota
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views