Writing Activity—Part 1
• Write about your first experience reading or
writing (or the first experience you can
remember reading or writing) and explain
whether the experience was positive or
Writing Activity—Part 2
• Get together into groups of three or four
• Share your narrative by reading it aloud to your
• When you have finished, ask your group to determine
your narrative’s perspective from the following
categories: hero, rebel, or victim.
• Group members—explain your selection, stating
specifically why you think they match one category
more than the other, and allow the author a chance to
explain and offer their opinion.
• Remember to be respectful when discussing another