1. For the Singaporean parent, it usually is stressful to raise children in Singapore. Being a knowledge basedeconomy, Singapore relies on its educated workforce to drive her economy forward. Therefore, it is no wonderthat parents are anxious about how their children fare in school. Some parents worry that formal education inschools is just not adequate and employ home tuition to supplement their childrens education.
2. Home tutors and tuition assignments are found literallyeverywhere in Singapore for every subject and every level.But to engage a capable one can help to make a significant difference towards the sort of results your child can achieve. Tuition agencies usually find suitable candidatesthat you can choose. However, also, it is essential that youunderstand what to look out for in a tutor. So how do you sieve out the gold mines from the remaining average tutors?
3. 1. Qualifications. On the top of the list, a tutor should beexperienced and competent on the subject he/she is going to teach. I personally feel that if you have not gotten a minimum of a B or A for the subject, you dont understand the subject well enough to teach. So whenseeking a tutor, the first thing you ought to ask for is their certification. Request to see your tutors certificates. When searching for tutors in Singapore, you can look ateither the A Level certificates or O level certificates. Many agencies offer these types of services to confirm these certificates upfront.
4. 2. Experience. Secondly, a private tutor must have experience in teaching. This can be easily evaluated as soon as the tutor teaches the lessons. In most cases, tutors would have their unique set of notes or have his/her special technique of teaching, this way you willknow that the tutor has dissected the syllabus. You could depend upon your private tutor to make the lessons fun and simple for your child. Having said that, a tutor whohas to refer back to the notes to answer questions will bea detrimental. Inexperienced tutor who are not confidentof their teaching methods and would often fumble when teaching.
5. 3. Passion. Thirdly, a tutor should have the PASSION toeducate. Although this is one of the most crucial qualitiesof any good tutor, many tutors lack it. A passionate tutor who regards coaching like a enjoyable and satisfying job will likely not rest till he sees improvements in his tutee.You can rest assured that your tutor will do his utmost to deliver the lessons in a fun and interesting way, where learning ceases to be a chore. And most importantly, passionate tutors inspire tutees to performwell in examinations and instill within them the need for education in Singapore. Passionate tutors tend not tomind going further to clear any questions their tutee mayhave, even though it might take a little bit more creativity and time. This often times will be teaching beyond their job scope and giving up time on their part.