Organisations looking to build and offer Cloud services on Apache CloudStack need to be able to either monetize their offerings and charge for usage or monitor and report on their Cloud's consumption. Majority of such organisations already have existing billing or business support systems and do not require an integrated billing or reporting system provided the usage data can be exported from CloudStack in a standard and structured format such as XML, JSON, or CSV.
CloudStack includes a Usage Server that creates summary usage records for the various resources consumed in CloudStack. Tariq covers how usage of such resources is metered in CloudStack and also:
· What usage metrics are recorded
· Configuration of the Usage Server
· Creation of the Usage Data
· Explore various methods of accessing the Usage Data
· Overview of solutions for analysing or processing the Usage Data such as MS Excel, CloudPortal (CPBM), Splunk, Amysta.
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.