1. Resources to
• Review the goals of the resources we are
developing for the project and provide
• Consider how you and your team might use
the resources and what you would want to
see included for content, organization,
• Consider what resources you and your team
might be able to provide to support others
4. Goals and PD Design
5. Goals and PD Design
6. Goals and PD Design
7. Goals and PD Design
8. Goals and PD Design
9. Goals and PD Design
What is the content and focus?
Who is the audience?
What is the context for learners?
How do we encourage use?
What part of the learning curve
are we addressing?
What are the best “tools” and
resources for the focus?
How do we facilitate
10. Focused Professional
Goal is speciﬁc for an event:
content and/or pedagogy, strategies, resources
• Content Courses or Workshops for Teachers
• Pedagogy Workshops for Teachers
• Special Topic Workshops
• Curriculum or Tool Implementation
11. Coaching and
Goal is broader and directed toward an individual or product:
content/pedagogy, reﬂection, policy, student needs, etc.
• School Data Analysis
• Ongoing Leadership Development
• Professional Learning Communities
• Instruction / School Improvement Committees
• Curriculum / Assessment Committees
• Instructional Coaching
12. Other Learning
Goal is either very speciﬁc, or intended to introduce a big idea.
Mode of delivery varies from the classroom norm.
• Teacher Education
• Online Teaching of Educators
• Conference Presentations / Workshops
(Content topics, education, or a mix)
• Creation of Resource Materials
• Workshop Materials
• Workshop “Artifacts”
• External Documents (Articles, Books, Etc.)
• Planned or Staged Resources
• Team Resources (collaboratively designed materials
from the entire team)
• Individual Resources (individually designed resources
from your work)
14. Outputs (Media)
• Print Resources from the Workshops
• Supplemental Print Resources for Workshops or Other
PD with Teachers
• Collaborative Electronic Resources Generated by
Project Participants and Users of Resources
• Live Text / Webinar / Audio / Video
• Routinely Updated Text / Audio / Video (Blog / Podcast)
• “Road Maps” / Facilitator Resources