1. PRATICAL HUMAN BRANDS & BRANDED HUMANS SESSION FEBRUARY 2013
2. OUR TOPIC ARE BRANDS BECOMING MORE HUMAN? TODAY ARE HUMAN BECOMING MORE BRANDED?
3. ARE BRANDS BECOMING MORE HUMAN?
4. AT THE ORIGINS: A BREAK-‐UP BETWEN BRANDS AND CONSUMERS
5. “Today, brands are becoming more and more like humans, They’re taking on more and more human-‐like traits.” Elle Luna, IDEO communica>ons designer
6. SOME AGENCIES TOOK THIS "BRAND HUMANIZATION" IDEA REALLY SERIOUSLY
7. MORE BRAND ARE PUTTING A HUMAN FACE OR SHOWING HUMAN CHARACTERS
8. SOCIA MEDIA HAS ACCELERATED THE PHENOMENA WITH CONVERSATIONAL BRANDS
9. « In my social feeds and yours, brands look a lot like people -‐-‐ their posts occupy the same real estate as updates from my mom, they face the same blank box and photo uploader before publishing as I do. On Facebook, the biggest marketers in the world get accounts that look just like mine. » Noah Brier, co-‐founder of Percolate (ex Barbarian Group)
10. BUT TRUTH IS…
11. People are complex organisms, products of tens of thousands of years of evoluGon. Brands are a device invented relaGvely recently to make it easier for consumers to idenGfy a product and diﬀerenGate it from its compeGtors. Most people, when encountering brands online, realize that there may be humans associated with it, but the brand itself isnt a person. Consumers dont want brands to be people. Corey Mull, senior analyst at CEB
12. REALITY CHECK
13. BE USEFULL BE TREAT HUMANS ANDTRANSPARENT, WELL, THEY’LL INNOVATIVE, NOT HUMAN- RETURN THE BY FOCUSING SKINNED FAVOR ON HUMAN DIGITAL3 TIPS FOR BRANDS: FROM A HUMAN BRAND TO A HUMAN-‐CENTRIC BRAND
14. ARE HUMANBECOMING MORE BRANDED?
15. « Regardless of age, regardless of posiGon, regardless of the business we happen to be in, all of us need to understand the importance of branding. We are CEOs of our own companies: Me Inc. To be in business today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called You. » Tom Peters, writer on business management prac>ces
16. PEOPLE ARE BECOMING PRODUCER, MEDIA AND BROADCASTER
17. PEOPLE CAN BUILD THEIR OWN REPUTATION ONLINE
18. BUT TRUTH IS…
19. SOMETIMES, TOO MUCH PERSONAL-‐BRANDING AND AUTOPROMOTION CAN ANNOYED
20. DON’T DO VIDEOMODESTY AND CV. NEVER. IT’SHONESTY ARE DON’T BE COOL* NOT GOOD FOR KEY YOU. 3 TIPS FOR HUMANS: FROM SELF-‐BRANDING TO SELF-‐ESTEEM *This one was borrowed from Bruce Mau Manifesto, one of the best read on crea>vity, ever.