Free Tips for your Recruiters & AgencyLinkedIn Corporation 1
1. It all starts with your profile. Your personal professional brand: Add a picture Write a personal tagline Write your elevator pitch Point out your skills Ask for recommendations Own your public profile’s URL 2
2. Leverage your recruiters’ profiles too Use the Summary section like an elevator pitch for any would-be-candidate. Use this section to give potential candidates an idea of what it’s like to work with your recruiters and the expertise at your company. Xuan even actively solicits inquiries about working for LinkedIn and includes her email address. And finally, she takes advantage of the applications you can add to your LinkedIn profile. You’ll see that she’s incorporated LinkedIn’s corporate blog via our WordPress app. We’ve seen other recruiters embed presentations, polls, Twitter feeds, and sponsored events to provide more color around what it’s like to work at their companies. 3
3. Utilize Groups Join many Groups Participate in a few 1Million + Run one Mining Eng & Tech Pro’s Design & OilJoin many. There are more than 1,000,000 groups on LinkedIn. Join recruiting groups to stay up to speed on your job, or join groups that are relevant to your keytalent pools—whether they’re focused on industry, role or function. Participate in a few. Get involved in a few select groups to brand yourself as an expert. Again, it’s all about building your personal brand as a recruiter. Don’tjust post an open job or plug for your company here or there—when you participate, make sure it counts.Run one. We’ve seen our customers create groups about their companies, their industries, functional areas or niches in which they’re particularly strong—andthey use these groups for employment branding, pipeline building, and even sourcing.
4. Follow companiesFollow companies in the industries that you work closely with, or companies that you’re trying to build a relationship with, to get the inside track on their hiringtrends. You’ll get updates on those companies’ new hires, new job opportunities, promotions or job changes within the company, and departures from thecompany—and you’ll be able to see who’s hiring actively, who’s losing talent, and where their talent is coming from or going to.
5. Update your Company PageYour company’s brand:Add a logo and banner imageFill in the detailsCompany descriptionPoint out Company SpecialtiesDifferentiate from your competitionDesignate Page Admins – for companystatus updates 6
6. Share Content - Company & Personal Status Updates 7
Less is Best Practices More Think in thirds – Jobs, Industry, Career Advice Keep it brief Ask questions50 characters or less drives 28%higher engagement Time your posts Post frequently Make it relevant
7. Add a Follow Us Company button on your own site Download at http://developer.linkedin.com
8. Add an apply with LinkedIn button on your own site Download at http://developer.linkedin.com
Build a community: Engage, analyze,optimize Grow Your Career by Following: XYZ.CO Ed Franklin XYZ.CO xyzCo Cecile, get the latest on XYZ.CO xyzCo Jobs, News & more! Grow Your Career by Following: XYZ.CO XYZ.CO Cecile, get the latest on XYZ.CO Jobs, News & more! Build community: Acquire Followers Engage Followers: Post Updates Establish presence: Analyze & Optimize Develop branding assets