1. Distance Education Policy Key Offices and Duties
2. Academic Deans• Responsible for Selecting courses to be taught online.• Responsible for collecting and examining the end of course data from students and instructors.• Responsible for liaising with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness to certify course equivalency for online courses.• Responsible for addressing student grievances
3. Academic Council• Responsible for reviewing the analysis and recommendations of end of course data for online courses.• Responsible for authorizing the continuance of online courses.
4. Educational Technology Dept.• Responsible for establishing Minimum Technology Requirements for online courses.• Responsible for producing the Online Learning Technology Checklist• Responsible for providing timely technology support to instructors and student involved in online courses.• Responsible for maintaining online access to the Educational Technology Help Desk.
5. Information Technology Department• Responsible for the planning, development and maintenance of all Information Technology infrastructure and resources.• Responsible for procuring, documenting and maintaining all Information Technology assets.• Responsible for managing all Information Technology related contracts, licenses and user agreements.
6. Library• Responsible for providing online students with access to the libraries full searchable catalogue.• Responsible for keeping accurate records of student borrowing of library resources.• Responsible for providing online students with access to ECAE’s online databases and electronic resources.
7. Office of Institutional Effectiveness• Responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of online courses.• Responsible for liaising certifying online courses as equivalent.
8. Office of Professional Development• Responsible for establishing, running and maintaining the Introduction to Teaching Online course for faculty wishing to teach online courses.• Responsible for providing faculty access to ICDL training materials and tutoring.• Responsible for assessing and certifying faculty in ICDL.
9. Office of Professional Development• Responsible for providing relevant and appropriate professional development opportunities related to teaching and/or developing online courses.• Responsible for assigning Technology Mentors to interested faculty teaching online courses.• Responsible for providing basic BlackBoard training.
10. Registrar• Responsible for registering students in online courses.• Responsible for delivering and collecting the Online Learning Technology Checklist.• Responsible for monitoring student attendance and issuing attendance warnings to online students.• Responsible for maintaining official transcripts for online students.
11. Student Services• Responsible for handling student’s non- academic issues.• Responsible for issuing student ID cards for access to on-site library facilities.• Responsible for providing each student with an academic advisor.