1. The ABC’s of Social Media Marketing On Facebook a workshop for by Scott H. Payne
2. The ABC’s of Social Media Marketing on Facebook What Is Social Media? Wikipedia’s definition: The term Social Media refers to the use of web-based and mobile technologies to turn communication into an interactive dialogue. Social media are media for social interaction, as a superset beyond social communication. Enabled by ubiquitously accessible and scalable communication techniques, social media substantially change the way of communication between organizations, communities, as well as individuals.
3. The ABC’s of Social Media Marketing on Facebook What Is Social Media? Let’s break that down: - web-based and mobile technologies - interactive dialogue - social interaction - ubiquitously accessible and scalable communication techniques - change the way of communication between: organizations, communities, and individuals.
4. The ABC’s of Social Media Marketing on Facebook Marketing Yourself On Social Media Marketing yourself on social media is not the same as traditional channels, some key things to bear in mind: - Building relationships and community - Establishing and presenting an image - Giving your audience value - Always focus on the soft sell and avoid the hard sell
5. The ABC’s of Social Media Marketing on Facebook Making Your Way Around Facebook Some of the key sections on Facebook are: - News Feed - Personal Profiles - Pages - Groups
6. The ABC’s of Social Media Marketing on Facebook Friending People & Building A Network Friends and a personal network are the bedrock of Facebook: - Friends and family - Former clients - Colleagues and professional contacts - Making lists - Utilizing other friends’ networks
7. The ABC’s of Social Media Marketing on Facebook Pages and Group on Facebook Here are some of the differences between pages and groups on Facebook: - Pages are public - Pages are intended to promote businesses - Pages are more easily customizable - Groups are membership focused - Groups can be open or closed - Groups allow you to message members
8. The ABC’s of Social Media Marketing on Facebook Setting Up a Facebook Page The key steps in effectively setting up a Page on Facebook: - Determining an engaging theme - Naming your page - Choosing a page picture - Choosing a username - Page information
9. The ABC’s of Social Media Marketing on Facebook Networking For Your Facebook Page Setting up a page is only the first step, next you need to coordinate outreach and build an audience: - Send messages to your friends - Promote your page on your profile - Ensure you have ample content for your page - Tag friends where appropriate - Share relevant posts by friends on your page
10. The ABC’s of Social Media Marketing on Facebook Engaging Your Page Audience Once you’ve generated an audience for your page, here are some things you can do to keep them engaged: - Post content and links that are relevant to your audience - Post pictures whenever possible - Post video that your audience will find interesting - Continue to tag friends and share posts on your page - Use the Question function to solicit feedback from your audience - Vary the content you post on your page - Always seek input from your audience
11. The ABC’s of Social Media Marketing on Facebook Measuring the Impacts of Your Efforts Facebook has a number of tools you can use to get immediate feedback: - Page likes - Post likes - Insights - Post shares - Talking About - Comments
12. The ABC’s of Social Media Marketing on Facebook The Pros and Cons of Page Customization Creating a customized page is all the rage right now, but what should you know before dong so: - Can differentiate your page - Adds an element of branding - A good design can be eye-catching - Not going to market itself - Not part of the recognized structure of Facebook - Is it is really going to generate any ROI?
13. Facebook Advertising The ABC’s of Social Media Marketing on Facebook How does Facebook advertising factor into all of this: - Highly customizable - Broad reach - Fast way to get numbers - Not effective at building community or relationships - Needs to have a tangible outcome to be effective
14. QUESTIONS? The ABC’s of Social Media Marketing on Facebook