• Teens spend about 5 hours a day online
• 15% have met up in person somebody they met online
• 17% have hacked into a friends social media account or email
• 25% of teens have cheated on a test using a mobile phone
• 32% have accessed pornography online (purposely)
• Only 50% of kids have parental controls on their computers
• 70% of teens hide their online behavior from parents
Parents MUST stay in the know. We can not give up!
1) Ask the tough uncomfortable questions!
Ask “What if…” questions.
2) Keep the laptop and cell phone out of the
bedroom for as long as possible.
3) Look for the signs of bullying.
Depression, excessive sleeping, complains
of headaches / stomach aches.
4) Remove apps that are commonly used for
5) Look at your kids texts. Monitor their apps.