Standard #1- Oral Language
Objective 2- Indicator a- Identify specific purpose(s) for
Concept statement: The student will focus on adjectives
through viewing monkeys in a slideshow.
It is important because we view media all the time, and
we should be able to describe what we see when we
The students will be evaluated by making a list of three
adjectives per monkey they view on the slideshow and
then writing a descriptive sentence about their favorite
monkey using those adjectives
Traveling the world to view different
kinds of monkeys!
Take a picture!
• The students loved the idea of taking pictures of different monkeys around
the world. They even put up pretend cameras and took pretend pictures!
• In the future, I would have modeled writing down adjectives for the
students. They were a little confused.
Four principles of effective technology integration:
• Student Use of Technology- The technology totally made a fun
atmosphere for the children to learn about adjectives. They loved that the
powerpoint made a camera clicking sound, so they could pretend to be
photographers searching for monkeys all around the world. This created
an active learning environment where the students were completely
engulfed in the technology.
• Technology Use is Essential- These students are completely involved with
technology at home and it seems essential to have technology to be apart
of school as well.
• Focus on Learning Task-The technology made it possible for the students
to focus on the image of the monkey. The students were then able to
describe the monkey with adjectives.
• Added Value- It was easier with the technology. If I did not use the
technology, the students would have had a difficult time viewing any other
monkeys that were not already in their book.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.