1. Itinerary Date Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 AM Take the flight to Hohhot Wake up call Western Breakfast Mongolian Equestrian School (Introduce the riders & culture) Drive to Grassland (1.5 hours) Watch Sunrise in the morning (optional) Visit the Lamasery to attend their morning service Have 1 hour free time on the grassland, Self cooked breakfast drive to Baotou After breakfast, head to airport, take flight from Baotou Lunch Mongolian Lunch (Lamb and vegetables with rice) Local lunch at county Stop in Baotou and have a simple lunch PM Check in the hotel Inner Mongolia Art School Exchange Program Check into the yurt, watch and participate in Building the Mongolian Yurt(0.5hour) Watch traditional Mongolian horsemen's race and wrestling competition. Grassland Activities : A. Wrestling and Archery lessons with tutor B. Fly the kite C. Horse back Riding (Optional) Trek through the grassland to visit local Herdsman's house, folktale by Mongolian herdsman in Mongolian language, making dumplings at herdsman's house.
Desert Activities by group
Cruise on the sand
Arrive at Wudangzhao, the biggest Lamasery in China Visit Lamasery, interview lama Drive to Baotou Dinner Mongolian Hotpot BBQ dinner and whole lamb at herdsman's house. BBQ dinner Local flavor dinner Evening Back to the hotel and rest Campfire party at the open area with Mongolian singing and dancing performance traditional and Interactive Campfire party with local students Hotel, City Stay at Phoenix Hotel (4Star), Hohhot Spend the night at a Mongolian Yurts (Tent) Camping at the desert (Tent) Stay at Baotou Rare-Earth Hotel ( 4star), Baotou
2. Focus on this trip – Inner Mongolia 140KM 90KM Temperature of June 14℃ / 29℃ Temperature of June 12℃ / 27℃ SHANGHAI
- Take the flight from Shanghai to Hohhot - Exchange Program at the Mongolian Art School - Mongolia Hotpot Dinner * Stay at Phoenix Hotel(4Star), Hohhot Day 1 Overnight in Hohhot Exchange Program at the Mongolian Art School Hohhot 2. Focus on this trip – Inner Mongolia
- Mongolian Equestrian School (Introduce the riders & culture) - Drive to Grassland (1.5 hours), Mongolian Lunch - Check into the yurt, watch and participate in building the Mongolian Yurt - Watch traditional Mongolian horsemen's race and wrestling competition. Wrestling and Archery lessons with tutor, fly the kite. - Trek through the grassland to visit local Herdsman's house (45mins-1hour), BBQ dinner and whole lamb at herdsman's house. - Campfire party at the open area with Mongolian singing and dancing performance * Overnight at a Mongolian Yurts (Tent) Day 2 Overnight in Xilamuren Grassland Mongolian Equestrian School Xilamuren Grassland 2. Focus on this trip – Inner Mongolia
Mongolian Yurt Mongolian horsemen's race and wrestling competition Archery lessons with tutor, fly the kite 2. Focus on this trip – Inner Mongolia
- Watch Sunrise in the morning (optional) - Visit the Lamasery to attend their morning service - Group Activities at the desert (Hiking, Camel riding, Sand sliding, Tree planting, Cruise on the sand) - BBQ dinner & Campfire * Camping at the Desert Day 3 Overnight in Desert Whole lamb BBQ dinner at herdsman's house Group Activities at the desert 2. Focus on this trip – Inner Mongolia
- Drive to Baotou, stop in Baotou and have a simple lunch - Arrive at Wudangzhao-The biggest Lamasery in China - Visit Lamasery, interview lama - Drive to Baotou * Stay at Baotou Rare-Earth Hotel ( 4star) Day 4 Overnight in Baotou Visit the Lamasery to attend their morning service 2. Focus on this trip – Inner Mongolia
Interview Lama Wudangzhao 2. Focus on this trip – Inner Mongolia
- After breakfast, head to airport, take flight from Baotou Day 5 2. Focus on this trip – Inner Mongolia
2. Genghis Khan - Khagan of the Mongol Empire
Probably 1155, 1162, or 1167 : Temujin was born in the Khentii mountains.
At the age of nine, Temujin's father Yesugei was poisoned by Tatars, leaving him and his family destitute.
1184 : Temujin's wife Borte was kidnapped by Merkits; He called on blood brother Jamuka and
Wang Khan for aid, and they rescued her.
1185 : First son Jochi was born; leading to doubt about his paternity later among Genghis' children,
because he was born shortly after Borte's rescue from the Merkits.
1190 : Temujin united the Mongol tribes, became leader, and devised code of law Yassa.
1201 : Victory over Jamuka's Jadarans.
1202 : Adopted as Wang Khan's heir after successful campaigns against Tatars.
1203 : Victory over Wang Khan's Keraits. Wang Khan himself is killed by accident by allied Naimans.
1204 : Victory over Naimans (all these confederations are united and become the Mongols).
1206 : Jamuka was killed. Temujin was given the title Genghis Khan by his followers in a Kurultai
(around 40 years of age).
1207~1210 : Genghis led operations against the Western Xia,
which comprises much of northwestern China and parts of Tibet.
Western Xia ruler submitted to Genghis Khan.
During this period, the Uyghurs also submitted peacefully to the
Mongols and became valued administrators throughout the empire.
1211 : After the kurultai, Genghis led his armies against the Jin Dynasty
ruling northern China.
1215 : Beijing fell; Genghis Khan turned to west and the Khara-Kitan Khanate.
1219~1222 : Conquered Khwarezmid Empire.
1226 : Started the campaign against the Western Xia for forming coalition
against the Mongols, the second battle with the Western Xia.
1227 : Genghis Khan died after conquering the Tangut people.
Cause of death is uncertain, although legend states that he was thrown off
his horse in the battle and contracted a deadly fever soon after.