0
Television<br />Escola Secundária Fontes Pereira de Melo<br />CLCE<br />Carlos Bastos  - EFA GR<br />
HistoryofTelevisionin Portugal<br />In Portugal, television appeared in 1957 with RTP.<br />In April of 1976 RTP (the only...
Advantages<br />It can be one of the methods of learning.<br />It’s entertaining and relaxing.<br />It show things that yo...
Disadvantages<br />It’s very easy to see inappropriate stuff.<br />It’s hard to filter information.<br />Watching TV makes...
HowTelevisionBusiness Works<br />
Facts<br />
CampWork<br />On 13th of July, G.R. class along with other classes did a walking tour in Oporto downtown (Ribeira and S. N...
	After the creation of the S. Nicolau parish (1853), the existent small chapel of the invocation of S. Nicolau was the pla...
The End<br />
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Television

654

Published on

Published in: Education
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
654
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
18
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Transcript of "Television"

  1. 1. Television<br />Escola Secundária Fontes Pereira de Melo<br />CLCE<br />Carlos Bastos - EFA GR<br />
  2. 2. HistoryofTelevisionin Portugal<br />In Portugal, television appeared in 1957 with RTP.<br />In April of 1976 RTP (the only broadcast television) starts its color broadcast.<br />In the 90’s appears two more television channels: SIC and TVI.<br />In the end of the 90’s appears cable TV<br />Nowadays we have Triple-Play – Television, Phone and Internet one provider.<br />
  3. 3. Advantages<br />It can be one of the methods of learning.<br />It’s entertaining and relaxing.<br />It show things that you might not see otherwise.<br />It’s the most important source of information , since people can easily access to new information.<br />People can watch movies in their own houses.<br />
  4. 4. Disadvantages<br />It’s very easy to see inappropriate stuff.<br />It’s hard to filter information.<br />Watching TV makes it harder for kids, teenagers and adults to go out and exercise.<br />There are just as much bad material as good material on TV.<br />Changes our personality and behavior.<br />
  5. 5. HowTelevisionBusiness Works<br />
  6. 6. Facts<br />
  7. 7. CampWork<br />On 13th of July, G.R. class along with other classes did a walking tour in Oporto downtown (Ribeira and S. Nicolau) and they saw a lot of monuments. The monument that was more relevant was the S. Nicolau Church, because it is very beautiful inside and very old<br />
  8. 8. After the creation of the S. Nicolau parish (1853), the existent small chapel of the invocation of S. Nicolau was the place chosen for the headquarters of the parish. A new church was built on the set to replace the old small parish and the first stone was blessed in 1671, by the bishop D. Nicolau Monteiro. The construction works that began the following year comprised the creation of a new main chapel and two sacristies. Its blueprint may belong to one of the three greatest architecture designers of the Porto of the 600s: Father Pantaleão da Rocha de Magalhães, Father Baltasar Guedes or Gregório Fernandes. The architect Father Pantaleão da Rocha de Magalhães designed the façade (1675), a project that was carried out by the master mason Marcos Gonçalves. In 1675-76, the building was concluded, with D. Fernando Correia de Lacerda as bishop at the time. With the re-erection of the Igreja de S. Nicolau (S. Nicolau Church), the old Rua da Ourivesaria or dos Ourives, where the Sto. Elói Brotherhood used to stand, disappeared, and the image of the patron was transferred to the church. The main chapel was built in the place where the Albergaria de Sta. Catarina (Sta.Catarina Inn) is said to have existed, which was probably the same place where there used to be a leprosarium before the 13th century. It is also known that there used to be a blacksmith’s shop inside this block in the 14th century. The main chapel of the 17th century was completely destroyed in the course of a fire in 1758. This led to the construction of a new one as a replacement, which is the one that we may still admire today. It is possible to find in this beautiful area four images (S. Nicolau, Sto. Hilário, Sto. Agostinho and Sto. António), placed in brackets. The construction of these images was ordered to Lisbon before 1758 and, thanks to their size and magnificence, they make a significant contribution to the magnitude of the interior. We will further highlight: the magnificent main altarpiece (1760) from José Teixeira Guimarães (one of the best artist of the rococo in Porto), according to the sketch of Father Frei Manuel Jesus Maria; the side altarpieces of Sto. Elói (on the side of the Epistle, and dating from 1762-63) and of Nª. Srª. da Conceição (on the side of the Gospel, and dating from around 1763), performed by the wood carvers José Teixeira de Guimarães and Francisco Pereira Campanhã.<br />Source: www.cm-porto.pt<br />S. Nicolau Church<br />
  9. 9. The End<br />
  1. A particular slide catching your eye?

    Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.

×