On earning respect and doing what we love - Interaction South America 2013
- 3,675 views
Our career and our professional relationships are a design problem that we can solve with a design process. How can we designers get the professional respect we want? This talk explores several topics ...
Our career and our professional relationships are a design problem that we can solve with a design process. How can we designers get the professional respect we want? This talk explores several topics and models that can help not only you, but the design community as well, along the way.
IxDA Latin America Regional Coordinator Design Director, Kambrica
- (Very brief) history of IxDA
- The respect ladder: Respect the discipline, Colleague’s respect, Cross-functional respect, Management respect, Sponsors respect, Universal respect.
- The levels of the respect ladder: Professionalism, leadership, entrepreneurship.
1. Acceptance criteria
2. Professional, effective communication
3. Planning and management
4. Don’t get attached to decisions & results
1. Speak the language
2. Keeping problems out of the relationship
3. Responsibility and the art of saying “no”
4. Dealing with difficult people
1. Establishing a vision
2. Establishing client and offer
3. Management styles
4. The cycle of interaction with clients
Designing our career:
- Our career and and our life as a design problem
- Individual efforts and collective efforts
- What conversations do we need to have between us?
Join your IxDA local group or apply to start one at ixda.org/local !
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views