District Resource Centre How can we help you?
- To serve the educators of SD68 by finding the resources, support and information they need to make our vision of success for each child a reality.
What’s in the DRC?
- We have professional learning resources, teaching resources, videos, books, kits, and theme bins of resources.
- Search the catalogue at http://media.sd68.bc.ca
Get updates of new materials
- Join our DRC 68 Facebook Fanpage.
- Check our Working Together Wiki for updates. Go to http:// workingtogether.pbworks.com and click on Resources on the sidebar.
How do you order resources?
- Go to http://media.sd68.bc.ca
- Click on the “Options” tab.
Follow the login instructions:
- Put in your name and password.
- If it is your first entry, use your school phone number as the password. After your first log in, change the password.
- If it’s your first time, but the location number doesn’t work, email [email_address] .
What if you forgot your password?
- Click on the “forgot your password” link at the bottom of the page.
- Fill in your name and a new password will be sent to your email address.
This link comes in handy!
- When you log in, you’ll find many options. You can see
- Your “current and future” bookings
- A list of your past orders
- Tutorials for using the system
We want to hear from you! Helpful links.
- Notice there is a link for you to make recommendations for purchase.
- We appreciate knowing what you think is most important.
Now to order…
- Click on the “Catalog” tab.
- Use the order number if you know it or do a key word search.
- Click to check the box beside an item you wish to order.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Select Checked”.
- Enter the date you wish to show or use the resource in your classroom.
- If there is a red X, it isn’t available.
- If you get a green check, you will see the green SUBMIT button.
- Click it to place your order.
Yes, I can! See the green check. I changed the dates to see if I could get it next week..
How do I know my order was sent?
- An order form will confirm your order.
How will I get the items?
- The items arrive in the courier on Tuesday and Friday.
What if I want to renew my order?
- Just go to options and follow the links to extend, renew or cancel your booking.
Click here to change or update your order.
- You have EXTRAORDINARY resources at your fingertips!
- We have a lot of videos. You can search for a topic and narrow your search to videos less than five years old.
Search by keyword, title, subject... Search by book, video, kit, novel set… Search by new title, geography, health… Refine search by year.
- We have a FIRST CLASS collection of Aboriginal resources from literature circle novels and picture books to science kits, art resources, professional materials and MORE.
- Want more information about Aboriginal Resources? Contact Connie McArthur or Connie Culhavey.
- Check on what’s new in geography, for example.
- Click on geography (instead of mediagraphy) and 2005+ so you get only the most recent items.
- We have AMAZING bins available in key subject areas. These include multiple resources to support a theme (like Canada or Everyday Heroes).
- You can do a search in your subject.
Change to Kit
Change to Science Change to Kit
- We have a WONDERFUL collection of math manipulatives.
- Just type “manipulatives” in your search.
- Check out the photo album on our Facebook page or the slideshow on our Wiki: http:// workingtogether.pbworks.com /Math
- Are you planning Literature Circles?
- Change “mediography” to “novel sets.”
- We have HUNDREDS of sets of novels!
- And we have literature circle bins of Aboriginal novels! (Marvelous!)
As an aside….
- If you are interested in Literature Circles we have a wiki page with a resource list for secondary readers, posters for classroom, ideas, webcasts, more!
- http:// workingtogether.pbworks.com/LitCircles
- We have a GROWING selection of high-interest low-vocabulary books older readers.
- Just type in “high interest low vocabulary”.
- We have some FABULOUS Fine Arts materials.
- We have an EXTENSIVE collection of professional books.
- We also have multiple copies of some professional resources, so you can have a book club. Email [email_address] for more information.
How can YOU help?
- Tell us what you need (contact [email_address] ).
- Learn to use the online system, so we can continue to provide optimal service with fewer resources.