It is a process of finding and attracting capable applicants for employment.
The process begins when new recruits are sought and ends when their applications are submitted.
The result is a pool of applicants from which new employees are selected.
Purposes & Significance
Determining the present & future requirements of the organization in conjunction with its personnel planning and JA activities.
Increasing large pool of applicants at minimum costs.
It increases the success rate of selection process in terms of screening.
Evaluate the effectiveness of various sources for all types of job applicants.
Sources Of Recruitment
- Press advertisement(newspaper & journals)
- Placement agencies(private agencies for recruitment)
- Employment exchange(public employment exchange)
- Labor contractors(contractors have close relation with workers)
- Educational institutions (campus recruitments)
- Casual callers
Methods Of Recruitment
Methods are means by which a organization establishes direct contact with potential candidates , provides them necessary action and encourages them to apply for jobs(ways of establishing links with employees)
1-Direct Methods (to contact people directly , waiting lists)
2-Indirect Methods (advertisement in newspaper & journals, radio & television)