2. INTRODUCTIONTHE MAIN CAUSE OF DEFICIENCYDISEASE IN OUR COUNTRY ISPOVERTY.MANY PEOPLE OF OURCOUNTRY ARE NOT ABLE TO BUY 1GOOD QUALITY OF FOOD ANDFOOD ITEMS IN SUFFICIENTQUANTITES.IF THIS CONTINUESTHEY WILL BECOME WEAK ANDFALL ILL.THIS MOSTLY AFFECTSTHE GROWING CHINDREN .
3. DEFICIENCY DUE TO CARBOHYDRATES1. CARBOHYDRATES ARE THE CHIEF SOURCE OF ENERGY FOR THE BODY.2. THE ENERGY PRODUCED BYCARBOHYDRATES ARE USED BY 1 OUR BODY TO PERFORM VARIOUSTASKS.3. DEFICIENCY OF SUFFICIENTCARBOHYDRATES LEADS TO• BODY WEAKNESS• LOSS OF STAMINA
4. DEFICIENCY DUE TO PROTEINSPORTIENS ARE BODY-BUILDING FOOD. THEYCAN CAUSE SERIOUS DISEASE,LIKEKWASHIORKOR AND MARASMIC TO SMALLCHILDREN, IF SUFFICIENT PROTIENS ARENOT GIVEN TO THEM.THIS IS THE REASON 1WHY SMALL CHILDREN ARE ADVISED TO TAKEPROTEIN-RICH DIET.FOR EXAMPLE – MILK PULSES EGG MEAT FISH.
5. SYMPTOMS OF KWASHIORKOR PRODUCING BELLYBROWNISH HAIRDARK AND SCALY SKIN 1STUNTED GROWTHUNDER WEIGHTSWOLLEN LEGSLOSS OF APPETITEANAEMIAMENTAL RETARDATIONREDUCEED RESITANCE
6. SYMPTOMS OF MARASMUSAPOOR MUSCLE DEVELOPMENTBONE SHOWINGNO FAT 1WEAK LEGSANAEMIALOSS OF APPETITEGROSSLY UNDERWEIGHTMENTAL RETARDATIONREDUCED RESISTANCE TO DISEASES
7. DEFICIENCY DUE TO VITAMINVITAMINS AREERQUIRED BY OURBODY IN VERY SMALLQUANTITES FORPROPER FUNCTIONING 1OF OUR BODY.VITAMINS HELP INKEEPING OUR• EYES• BONES• TEETH AND GUMS HEALTHY
8. TABLE OF DEFICIENCY DUE TO VITAMINVITAMINS DISEASES SYMPTOMSVITAMIN A NIGHT BLINDNESS POOR NIGHT VISION,LOSS OF NIGHT VISION 1VITAMIN B BERI-BERI NERVOUSNESS,PARALYSIS,WEAK MUSCLESVITAMIN C SCURVY BLEEDING OF GUMS ,SWELLING OF JOINTSVITAMIN D RICKETS WEAK BONES,DECAYING TEETHVITAMIN K HAEMORRHAGE CLOTTING OF BLOOD AFFECTED
9. DEFICIENCY DUE TO MINERALSMINERALS AREALSO REQUIRED INSMALL QUANTITES 1BUT ARE EQUALLY IMPORTANT FORPROPERFUNCTIONING OFOUR BODY PARTS.
10. TABLE OF DEFICIENCY DUE TO MINERALS MINERALS SYMPTOMS CALCIUM BRITTLE BONES ,EXCESSIVE BLEEDING,STUNNED GROWTH.PHOSPHORUS BAD BONES AND TEETH,BODY WEEKNESS 1 SODIUM DEHYDRATION,EXTREME BODY WEEKNESSPOTASSIUM MUSCLE WEEKNESS,PARALYSIS IRON ANAEMIA IODINE GOITER FLUORINE DENTAL DECAY
11. Presented By 1Amulya S.D6th Std, ‘A’ Sec
15. Alexander and PorusIndia of the ancient times was made up of several small countries. Each country had aking. India being very rich in agriculture as well as minerals several people tried toconquer India. Alexander the great was one of them. He was the king of Macedonia inGreece. On his way to India he defeated all the kingdoms in the present Arabia. Heentered India along with his troops riding on horses. One of the first kingdoms on hiswas Punarnava. Porus was the great king of Punarnava. The army of Porus consisted ofelephants. To reach Punarnava Alexander had to cross the river Chenab. Understandingthe great strength of Alexander, Porus went and met all the kings of neighbouringcountries. One of them was the powerful king Ambi. Ambi not only refused to helpAlexander but sought the help of Alexander to conquer the kingdom of Porus. 1Since he was not able to get any help, Porus marched along with his powerful elephantbattalion to the shores of Cheenab. Alexander was dependent on his horse battalion. Onthat night without causing any doubt to the army of Porus, Alexander marched downstream by the shores of Cheenab and managed to cross to the other shore and at theleast expected time attacked the army of Porus. Alexander used spears javelins andarrows straight on the elephants. This made them confused and they threw out theirdrivers and started attacking the army of Porus itself. Thus Porus was defeated. He wascaptured and chained and brought before AlexanderAlexander asked him, “Porus, how do you want me to treat you?”Porus replied, “Like a king.”Alexander was greatly impressed by the valour of Porus and not only released him butgave him back his kingdom.