Parent Company - Asian Paints
Category - Paint Industry
Sector - Industrial Products and Chemicals
Tagline/ Slogan - Merawala blue; Har ghar
kuch kehta hai ki ;Ask Aparna
USP - India’s biggest brand with widest
1. The largest paint company in India and
third largest company in Asia
2. They have over 35% of market share in
organized sector and are clear leaders in
decorative paints and are strong
competitors to Kansai Nerolac to be leaders
in Industrial paints and coatings.
3. They operate in 17 countries and have
24 manufacturing facilities providing service
to 65 countries all over the world.
4. Asian paints has strong international
presence with its four 4 subsidiaries;
Berger International Limited, Apco
Coatings, SCIB Paints and Taubmans.
5. Most renowned brand in Indian Paint
Industry & its strong customer focus and
innovative-spirit has made it market leader
6. Superior technologies deployed to
achieve and maintain the competitive
7. They have maintained their brand name
and increased awareness by unique ways
of advertising and roping in celebrities like
Saif Ali Khan.
8. The company has strong financials.
9. logo 'Gattu', an impish boy with the
paint tin and brush, is most popular and
1. Limited market share in industrial paints
segment with Kansai Nerolac and
Akzonobel giving stiff competition.
2.In decorative paints Industry Customer
tastes and perceptions change very fast
and products may become obsolete with
change in trends, hence production
planning and inventory problem.
1. Big an international standard paint
company it should look for more
2. There is a good scope for growth
especially in industrial paints category
3. Needs to have more focus on Automobile
industry in industrial paints segment
4. Competitors are going for Hi-tech
process and Asian paints with good
financial and intellectual capital can go for
1. Growth prone to slowdown effects
2.Stringent Government rules and
regulations regarding the quality of products
and manufacturing facilities as Environment
policies are given more emphasis
3.Raw material scarcity and volatlility in