2. Why do you need a strategy in the first place? The next few slides will answer that question.
3. But, first..We need to tackle another question: “ Digital Media/ Interactive Media/ Social Media” Why don’t we simply call it the Internet ?
4. Digital/Social Media is different from the Internet. To understand how, we must understand Internet’s evolution over the years.
5. The internet started as what is now called “Web 1.0”. Remember?
7. <ul><li>The web was an information portal. </li></ul><ul><li>No more. No less. </li></ul><ul><li>WEB 1.0 lacked : </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Scalability </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Interaction </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Context </li></ul></ul><ul><li>The world wide web was divided into usable directories. </li></ul><ul><li>Everyone had their own personal little corner of the cyberspace </li></ul>
8. And, of course, there was nothing known as look and feel*… * We hope the term ‘coolest graphics’ did make you smile!
9. Currently, we live in the web 2.0 era.
10. The web is now a platform. And a smart one at that. It’s not just about information any more, its about interaction .
11. What was once a monologue, has become a dialogue . It’s all about connections , conversations and contributions .
12. Create , discuss , and share are the operative keywords. And, yes, the presentation is a lot better!
13. Interactivity is on a new high! Hence, the term Interactive Media.
15. Internet is a powerful platform. Which brings us to our original question: Why do you need an online strategy? Because, the impact of digital/social media cannot be ignored.
16. Lets get our facts straight.
17. 2/3 rd of the global internet population visits social networks. Nielson, Global Faces and Networked Places, 2009
18. Visiting social websites is now the 4 th most popular online activity-ahead of personal email. Nielson, Global Faces and Networked Places, 2009
19. Time spent on social networks is growing at 3x the overall internet rate , accounting for ~10% of all internet time. Nielson, Global Faces and Networked Places, 2009
20. “ Technology is shifting power away from the editors, the publishers, the establishment, the media elite. Now it’s the people who are in control .” Rupert Murdoch, Global Media Entrepreneur
21. “ Word of Mouth” publicity has a new avatar- SOCIAL MEDIA!
22. 93% of social media users believe a company should have a presence in social media. Cone, Business in Social Media Study, September 2008
23. 85% of social media users believe that a company should go further than just having a presence on social sites and should also interact with its customers. Cone, Business in Social Media Study, September 2008
24. “ For companies, resistance to social media is futile. Millions of people are creating content on the social web. Your competitors are already there. Your customers have been there for a long time. If your business isn’t putting itself out there, it ought to be.” BusinessWeek, February 19, 2009
25. Need we say anymore? You do need an online strategy! And, that’s where we come in.
26. Let us outline your strategy, specific to your needs.
27. <ul><li>Know Thy Customer </li></ul><ul><li>Know Thy Opportunity </li></ul><ul><li>Know Thy Competitor </li></ul><ul><li>Know Thy Action-Plan </li></ul>Our four-point path to a solid strategy…