The worlds 10 best RETAIL BRANDS Global retail brands have established themselves to berecognized in major markets across the globe. Many suchretail brands have succeeded in selling the same product across multiple markets creating a strong and enduring relationship with not just locals but international customers as well. The Brand Finance, a definitive encyclopedia of brands has ranked retail companies based on their brand value. This is a list of the world’s best retail brands in 2012 according to Brand Finance. @Yahoo!
1. WalmartWalmart is one of theworld’s largest retail brandsand tops the list. The reportstates that the companyserves its customers andclub members more than200 million times per weekat more than 8,000 retailunits under 53 differentbanners in 15 countries.Brand value: $38,320 millionBrand rating: AAEnterprise value: $155,189millionMarket capital: 24.7%
2. Amazon.comThe e-commerce giant, Amazonis recognized as the world’snumber one online retailer. Thereport states that the companysells three times as much as itsnearest rivals, has the widestrange of products as well as thefastest delivery times and oftencharges the lowest price.Brand value: $28,665 millionBrand rating: AA+Enterprise value: $94,398 millionMarket capital: 30.4%
3. The Home DepotThe Home Depot is theworld’s largest homeimprovement specialtyretailer and is at numberthree. The report states thatthe store inventory consistsof up to 40,000 differentkinds of buildingmaterials, homeimprovementsupplies, appliances and lawnand garden products.Brand value: $20,902 millionBrand rating: AA-Enterprise value: $62,521millionMarket capital: 33.4%
4. TescoUK-based grocery and generalmerchandising retailchain, Tesco is listed in thefourth spot. The report statesthat with operations in 14countries, employing over492,000 people and servingmillions of customers everyweek.Brand value: $20,051 millionBrand rating: AAA-Enterprise value: $65,520millionMarket capital: 30.6%
5. TargetTarget is a popular discountchain in the United States and isranked at number five. Thereport states that Targetoperates nearly 1,750 stores in49 states, including more than240 Super Target stores thatinclude an upscale groceryshopping experience.Brand value: $15,267 millionBrand rating: AAEnterprise value: $52,484 millionMarket capital: 29.1%
6. IKEAThe home furnishingcompany, IKEA is a fullyintegrated supply chain andfollows at number six. Thereport states that since itsfoundation in 1943, the IKEAGroup has grown into a globalretail brand with 127,000 co-workers in 41 countriesgenerating annual sales of morethan 23.1 billion Euros andserving 626 million visitors in2010.Brand value: $15,211 millionBrand rating: AA-
7. WalgreensWalgreens, the largest drugstorechain in the United States serviceofferings include retail, mail andonline pharmacy, in-store take-care clinics. The report states thatthe company has 244,000employees and 8,046 locations asof 2010.Brand value: $11,564 millionBrand rating: AA-Enterprise value: $31,447 millionMarket capital: 36.8%
8. Sam’s ClubSam’s Club is a leading retail storewhich treats its customers withsuperior products and services.The report states that thecompany has 47 millionmembers, employs around100,000 people and operatesaround 600 retail locations, wheremembers save an average of 30%over traditional retailers.Brand value: $11,517 millionBrand rating: AA-Enterprise value: $31,014 millionMarket capital: 37.1%
9. CVSCVS pharmacy is one of theleading retail brands in theworld which is known for itsinnovative features and dealswith over-the-counterdrugs, vitamins andsupplements, among otherproducts.Brand value: $9,421 millionBrand rating: AA-Enterprise value: $50,587millionMarket capital: 18.6%
10. ASDAASDA is a British supermarketchain offeringfood, clothing, generalmerchandise, toys and financialservices. The report states thatthe company has been namedBritain’s Favourite Supermarketof the year at The Grocer GoldAwards – the Oscars of the foodand drink industry – as well asbeing crowned Best PricedSupermarket for the 14th yearrunning.Brand value: $9,406 millionBrand rating: AA-Enterprise value: $23,278 millionMarket capital: 40.4%
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.