View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 1 of 76
SYED IMAM SHAH
1) Eji Aad Nirinjan avtarya,
Teno thanak che aerak khand mahain,
Satguru ay sohi dekhariya,
Te che vaypak nav khand mahain.
Cheto rikhisaro guru kahe sache Satgure aem kahaya.
1) Introduction to the Imam of the time-God manifest, resides in Iran and He is the One who Satgur(Pir) Introduced
you (Momin) to Him. Refrain: Beware O Momins! This is what the true Guru tells you.
2) Eji Aal Alijine te kahiae,
Nabi Mohammed pir musalle che tya(n)ae
Isre aal thi je boolshe,
Teto jayse dozak mahain. Cheto......
2) That the descendant of Ali and Mohammed is He (present Imam)
and if you do not recognize Him you will go to Hell.
3) Eji Isre aalthi aal chaliya
Te to aviya kahek nagri mahain,
Vircha a(n)goaa thanak kahiae,
Sri Islam Shah betha che tya(n)ae. Cheto.....
3) Right from that lineage Shri Islam Shah is the present holder
of that Noor and He resides in Kehek.
4) Eji Joma(n) Joma(n) ma(n)ae ae Narji kahiae
Teni sa(n)kh che aelm mahain,
Chalis sipara Kuran na,
Te mahain tris che duniya mahain. Cheto.....
4) In every Imam it is the same Noor of Ali and the scriptures
bear that out of 40 Siparas (parts) of the Quran are a proof
of that and verily 30 are in this world.
5) Eji Das sipara baaki rahya,
Te che ae ghar mahain,
Athar ved tene kahiae,
Teni vani Satgur mukhaj mahain. Cheto.....
5) The rest of th 10 Siparas (Parts) are really the gist of this religion
Momins you should recognize the 10 Siparas as the prime
religion and that was what Pir Satgur introduced you to.
6) Eji Aal Nabi jine jug mahain aaviya,
Tene te kidha ae dharam upaya,
Satguru Imam Shah aem kahe,
Teto aal Mohammed ni Kahevay. Cheto....
6) Nabi's descent cameto this world to show you the right path(religion)
Guru Imam Shah (composer) tells you this that verily ( Imam of the
He is Muhammed's progeny.
7) Eji Noor thi Nooraj pragatiya,
Teno vas che Nooraj mahain,
Tene aa Satpa(n)th peda kidha,
Khoji kadiyo Kuran mahain. Cheto.....
7) The Noor in the Imam of the Time is the same that was the cause
of creation and really is from the very Noor you have been given the
Satpanth,nay, even the Quran originated from that Noor.
8) Eji Char ved char kitab khojiya,
Satguru sarve tya(n)ae,
Ilm allah jiae bhejiaa,
Farad farmaviya Furkqan mahain. Cheto......
8. (Allah has sent) four Kitabs (scriptures) - Tawrat, Zabur,
Injil, Furqan - and four Hindu scriptures (the
the right Guru is mentioned in those scriptures (OR Imam Shah
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 2 of 76
has studied those scriptures). That knowledge
was sent by Allah and it is presently in the Quran.
9) Eji Farad Furqane thi upanya,
Teto parvariya pirothami mahain,
Shariyat, tariqat, haqiqat, teni,
Malum che marifat mahain. Cheto.....
9. The Quran has given you the basic understanding of Shariat,
Tariqat and Haqiqat - it is up
to you now to search for Marifat.
10) Eji Marfat mahain thi kadi kari,
Teto aaniyo is panyh mahain,
Tya(n) raheni rakho nisch kari,
Aapna jivne tya(n)ae. Cheto.....
10. The spiritual side of your existence is found in the Satpanth
(and you can find it) if you pray during the
with real faith and verily that is the only salvation for
11) Eji Isre rehani thi je boolshe,
Teno tham nahire kiya(n)ae,
Teto fera fare lakh chorayashi tana,
Teto moksh na pame kaya(n)ae. Cheto....
11. Those Momins who do not wake up in the morning for Ibadat will
go astray and their souls
will have to
evolve 84 lakh times; in other words, they will not achieve
12) Eji Lakh chorashi to chutiae,
Jo rahiae aapna Satguru ke farman mahain,
Daso(n)d dije Satguru mukhe,
To vaso howe amrapuri mahain. Cheto....
12. The only way to overcome this evolvement of 84 lakh times is
by obeying Satgur's Farman, and giving
Dasond to Satgur. Verily this will ensure your place in
13) Eji Amrapuri che aagle,
Tena sukh kahya nav jay,
Satgure dithi tevi kahi,
Tya(n) hur malaaek che mahain. Cheto....
13. The Amrapuri (Heaven) that you will experience and the peace
that you will have is impossible for Me to
describe! Verily believe Me when I say that I have
experienced it and it is a place full of
Firastas and spiritually evolved souls.
14) Eji Anat meva che te mahel ma(n),
Te ghar ni shobha che tya(n)y,
Moman rikhisar te mahel ma(n),
Liana(n) lad karshe tya(n)y. Cheto.....
14. In the Amrapuri (Heaven) there are boundless rewards and that
(Imam) will bestow His blessings on
Momins and grant all their hearts' desires.
15) Eji Aewa ghar te jiv pamshe,
Je chalshe aapna satpanth mahain,
Khara dasondi sukarit vanta,
Teni sankha che aelm mahain. Cheto....
So remember Momin, if you walk the path of Satpanth and be a
Dasondi and observe Sukreet (good
deeds) you will find that Amrapuri for even our scriptures
(the right knowledge) bear that fact.
16) Eji Te Aelm Ali thi pragatya,
Teni sankh che Kuran mahain,
Kuran kudarat mahain thi utarya,
Teni sankh che ae ghar mahain. Cheto....
The right knowledge has come from Ali and His progeny as is
borne (forecast) by the Holy Quran and the
Holy Quran has come from God Himself (Qudrat) and the proof
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 3 of 76
of all that is really here in Satpanth (this Ghar)
17) Eji Ae ghar dekhi je boolshe,
Teto jashe dozakh mahain,
Aad uniyade thi ae ghar kahiae,
Tene sreva(n)ta vimab na kije kai(n). Cheto....
Momins, despite being aware of this Ghar (Satpanth), if you
ignore it then you will not achieve salvation and
will deserve Hell (Dozakh) for this Ghar is really the
proof of the infinite God and never think
twice about serving Him.
18) Eji Brahma ne Vishnu Maheshvar kahiae,
Teto sarve che ae ghar mahain,
Ae ghar ma(n)thi aalaj chaliya,
Teto parvariya pirothami mahain. Cheto......
The Gods such as Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshvar are all one in
this Satpanth and are manifest in Ali's
progeny and is present with us in this world.
19) Eji Tare Vishnu a var datar thaya,
Kirpa kidhi Brahmaji upare tya(n)y,
Tamo Jawo jug mahain vani karo,
Ame sathe aavshoon tya(n)y. Cheto....
19. Remember Momins that Vishnu in His mercy had told Brahma that
He would grant His wish and in whatever
Joog Brahma wanted Him, then Vishnu would be with Him
20) Eji Tene Farmane Brahamji jug mahain aaviya,
Vani kidhi te jug mahain,
Prabodhi pirothami Brahmaji ae,
Dharam marag chalaviya tya(n)y. Cheto......
20. And it is because of that promise Brahmaji has been able to
21) Eji Anat kalap aewa wahi gaya,
Pache aaviya te char kalap tya(n)y,
Te mahaina tran kalap vartiya,
Brahmaji ne farmane rahya tya(n)y Cheto......
21. Thus many eras (Kalaps) have passed and the four Kalaps have
passed and the four Kalaps finally
prevailed, of which three have already passed and in the
past three, Brahma was obeying Vishnu's Firman.
22) Eji Kalap mahain parwariya,
Char jug te kidha mahain,
Aad uniyade bera hata,
Satguru shami jini sewaae Cheto......
22. In the present (fourth) Kalap, there are four Joogs and the
Gods have combined into one God and verily that
is the Right Guru (present Imam).
23) Eji Tya(n)thi satguru pragatya,
Ane aaviya te char jug mahain,
Te mahain tran jug wahi gaya,
Tena jivra pahota thanok mahain Cheto......
23. Remember Momins that three Joogs have passed and Satgur has
come in the fourth Joog to lead you tosalvation.
24) Eji Te avtare avtar vahi gaya,
Rachana kidhi vishanu brahmaji tya(n)y,
Aaj chelli sandh kaljug sandhe,
Murtaza Ali avtarya makka mahain Cheto......
24. So many eras have passed and Vishnu prevailed as the Creator.
In this last and present era (Kaljoog)
Murtaza Ali has manifested in Mecca.
25) Eji Tya(n)thi aalaj chaliya,
Teto aaviya kahek nagari mahain,
Sri Islam Shah tya(n) nar kahiae,
Shah garibnoon tejj mahain Cheto......
25. From that day His progeny has continued till this day in Kehek
town and the name of the present Imam isShri Islam Shah.
26) Eji Ae ghar sreve je satsoon,
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 4 of 76
Tena patak sarve jay,
Avtare avtar orkhe,
Tene pahele moksh muktaj thay Cheto......
26. Those Momins who will serve Him with sincerity, all their past
and present sins will be forgiven. They will
also recognize Him in all His different forms and they will
be the ones who will achieve salvation.
27) Eji Ae gher dasondaj dijiae,
Te mahain aaras na kije lagaar,
Anek jiv aage udhariya,
Tene orakhiyo potano bharthar Cheto......
27. So Momins, do not fall behind in your Dasond for many souls
have already achieved salvation and these
were the souls who had recognized the Imam as their Lord
28) Eji Dasond vina nahi(n) chutso,
Sambaro munivar kahoon chaon varanvar,
Chello akharo aa jug tano,
Te mahain hathsoon kari liyo sambar Cheto......
28. Without Dasond there is no salvation so heed Me Momins, for I
am being emphatic. This Joog is the last
stage where you can achieve salvation; then why not make
an extra effort to achieve it.
29) Eji Dasond dasmi pati kahiae,
Teto chalo ae narjisoon aahar,
Chaliso te pir mukhe aaliae,
Moman tano ae che vevar Cheto......
29. Dasond is a tenth of your earnings for the Imam and that is
for his material upkeep and food (ahar) and the
fortieth of your earning is for Pir, for Pir has dedicated
His life for you.
30) Eji Dasond deta(n) je jiv rolavshe,
Teno hal mal nahire parivar,
Kiyana hina koie jiv nahi tare,
Satguru kahe che pukar Cheto......
30. Those Momins who will be dubious about paying Dasond will have
no material, physical or familial peace.
These are the Momins who have not walked the path of
Satpanth and I am beseeching them.
31) Eji Aakhar jamano aaviyo,
Aavi chelli kaljug ni var,
Avtar sarve pura thaya,
Have sami rajo thashe aswar Cheto......
31. O Momins! This is the last time you have come here and all your Avtars
are now over and now King Ali will
do Aswari (Epiphany) (make Himself known).
32) Eji Dar re chalshe nak lank tano,
Tare thashe te hal halkar,
Te mahain sati jiv jitshe,
Kayar khashe ghan keri mar Cheto......
32. There will be a battle fought by the Imam (Naklank) and this will be
much heralded. Only "good" souls will
win this battle. The stubborn or misguided will have utter defeat.
33) Eji Kayar ma thajore munivaro,
Aagal che dohelore paar,
Ali rajo lekha(n) magashe,
Nisch jaano nirdhar Cheto......
33. So Momins, do not be amongst the misguided for you have a difficult
mountain to climb and Ali will put you
on trial so don't be misguided.
34) Eji Kaljug ni sandh che doheli,
Ae moman bhai tame rahejo hoshiyar,
Dasond dejo satguru mukhe,
Tethi utaro pahele paar Cheto......
34. This Kaljoog is a difficult time, so beware, give Dasond to the right
Guru and that is one way of achieving salvation.
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 5 of 76
35) Eji Je dasond nahi deshe satguru mukhe,
Teto kayar thashe ne khashere maar,
Tena haira mahain thi agni uthshe,
Tare jivso te karse pukar Cheto......
35. Those who won't give Dasond to the right Guru and remain stubborn
despite knowing that, they will never
have peace in their hearts and their souls will eternally be crying.
36) Eji Satguru sarve sambaraviaa,
Moman bhai tame karjo vichar,
Aad uniayade thi ae ghar chalioo,
Te Ali rajo karshe sambar Cheto......
36. Momins, I have told you all, it's up to you to think over it. This
house (Satpanth) of Ali is from God Himself.
So do not forget to remember Ali.
37) Eji Lekha(n) leshe gurnar sa(n)hiay,
Tya(n) sao koie puchayeshe nar ne naar,
Otam madhayam tya(n) koie nahi,
Koie keni var na karse lagaar Cheto......
37. When our Lord will question us about our sins no woman or man would be
spared and none will have time
to correct their wrong-doings.
38) Eji Utam aachare utam jan jo,
Madyam aachare madyam saar,
Tame saho koie gnan sambro,
Aagar koie keno nahin nar ne naar Cheto......
38. If you are good in your dealings, so shall you be dealt with and
vice-versa for after all you are all listening to
this Ginan and on that Day nobody will be your buddy.
39) Eji Baap beto keno nahi,
Nahi keno kutamb parivar,
Aevi vela jyare aavashe,
Tyare nahi koie sasro mosar Cheto......
39. A father will not befriend his son nor will you recognize your family
and when a time like that will prevail,
there won't even be any in-laws to worry about.
40) Eji Je jiv srevaae thi chukshe,
Hadai dharm nahir aanse lagaar,
Te mayana moho mahain borshe,
Saho koie sarvathe jashe sansaar Cheto......
40. The soul which has not served and a heart that has not thought of
religion, that person will be so attached in
this world that he will be let down by those he places trust in.
41) Eji Kaljug jamano kathan jyare aavshe,
Tare sahone dile vaparshe kahar,
Te mahain je jiv nahi chetshe,
Te jivne parshe janjal Cheto......
41. This Kaljoog is a difficult time and our heart will really stand a
trial. Those people who will not heed this
warning, these people will have a long way to go.
42) Eji Sansar sarve sambaro,
Sambari ma thajo gemar,
Satguru jugo jug aaviya,
Teni vaani noon tame rakho vichar Cheto......
42. Momins! You may deal with your surroundings (Sansar) but don't let
that lead you astray. The right Guru has
come in each era and that promise is the one you should be thinking about
(you should be searching for the right Guru in this era).
43) Eji Ma(n)ho ma(n)he bandhav larshe,
Teto nahi(n) ganshe mata pita noon parivar,
Kathan vachan kaheshe aap ma,
Aevo te aavshe sansar Cheto......
43. Mother and children will fight with each other and won't consider
themselves as one family. The child will
abuse his mother. Such will be the call of the day (conduct of the time).
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 6 of 76
44) Eji Koie kene ghare nahi aavshe,
Mane aavshe te rosh aapar,
Aha(n)kari a(n)jash aanshe ghano,
Telhi jashe te narak dwar Cheto......
44. People will stop visiting each other. They will blame each other and
selfishness will prevail. All these are roads to Hell.
45) Eji Manre maya thi bolshe,
Nahi koie karshe gnan na vichar,
Te budi ae thi kaal na utar,
Adharmi utpatoon karshe aapar Cheto......
45. Your mind will be involved in Maya (worldly affairs) and no one will
think about Ginans. That sort of mind
does not lead to salvation for that's not the right way to follow religion.
46) Eji Gatno melo tethi bangashe,
Tare nahi koie aavshe te dharm dwar,
Adhram aevo chalse,
Tethi vansshe nar ne naar Cheto.....
46. The attendance at a Jamati gathering will decrease and people will
stop visiting places of worship.
Atheism will be the call of the day and people will pride themselves on
47) Eji Te mana mal mahain thi opajshe,
Tena thashe putra ne parivar,
Dharm na aave tene hadye,
Saoona haday mahain vaparshe kal Cheto......
47. And the offsprings of such disbelieving couples will of course have no
religious feeling. Their feelings will be misguided.
48) Eji Aere aedhan aakhar tana,
Tame saho koie karjo vichar,
Sarvathi sansar vansshe,
Saho koie melshe dharm aachar Cheto......
48. And that is the sign that the End is near, so do think over that
Momins. When selfishness prevails and when everybody leaves religion.
49) Eji Termi sadi aakhar jyare aavshe,
Tare dharm na raheshe lagaar,
Satiaana sat tare totshe,
Hoshe te ho ho kar Cheto......
49. When the 13th century will near its end people will become
irreligious. The good will seem to suffer and will be mocked at.
50) Eji Tare gat mahain but khana vaparshe,
Moman na man kathan thashe aapar
Te mas che mase khana mahain aavshe,
Dharm saraae aavethi paap na jashe lagaar Cheto......
50. Places of worship will turn into places of sin; people's hearts will
harden and hardly once in six months will
they visit Jamatkhana. Thus no sins will be forgiven.
51) Eji Aeva aadharm jyare aavshe,
Tare dhori chare te dhartino bhar,
Tare tharthar dharti dhujshe,
Pap karm noon nahi koie shomar Cheto......
51. When a time like that has prevailed then even the earth will seem to
shake and everything will be base and sinful.
52) Eji Gat sat tirth kari nahi koie janshe,
Jananhar koie virlo sansar,
Aa hoon hoon kari saho koie harshe,
Teanthi gatno melo bangshe saar Cheto......
52. No one will understand the truth or the religion except a few. Most
will be involved in themselves and they
will disrupt congregations that gather for prayer.
53) Eji Tare satguruji na vachan otha pashe,
Saho koie chalshe aapan man ne vichar,
Te dasond na deshe satguru mukhe,
Koie melse dharm aachar Cheto......
53. The right Guru's Farman will not be heeded and everyone will do as
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 7 of 76
they please including not giving their
Dasond and discarding their religious traditions.
54) Eji Adharme an nahi opjase,
Vinasshe kan kanna bandar,
Magya te menhe nahi aavshe,
Alap kan upajshe teni var Cheto......
54. Because of the irreligious era the harvest will not occur and a famine
will set in. It won't rain and it will take a
lot longer to grow things.
55) Eji Aasmani mehula aavshe,
Arap sarap te varas she saar,
Te to hath sarve Mowla Ali,
Jene sirjiya te sarve sansar Cheto......
55 The heavens will appear angry and hail and storm will fall (occur). This
is all in the hands of Mowla Ali, Who
is the Creator of everything.
56) Eji Sansar sirjiya Mowla Ali ae,
Te to sahoni rozi no puranhaar,
Te mahain athar jiv ae jug tana,
Tena necho nahin re lagaar Cheto......
56. Mowla Ali has created this creation and He is the One Who supplies
everyone with Roji (food) and
amongst this creation there are some misguided souls; O Momins, do not
57) Eji Te to necho nahi rakhe nishche kari,
Nahi rakhe te saheb soon pyar,
Bukhya bukhya saho aagal kar,
Ae to prarbadhe aavi malshe aahar Cheto......
57. These misguided souls will be untrusting and they will not love the
Imam of the Time. These will go hungry.
58) Eji Aahaar upar santosh rakhiae,
Nav kariae to bohot pukar,
Jene aa jug paeda kariya,
Te to Ali che rojino puranhaar Cheto......
58. Momins, be satisfied with the food you get; do not hunger for more.
The one who has created this earth is
Ali, Who will give you your Roji (i.e. sustenance).
59) Eji Seva kije saheb tani,
To tale te jiv ne janjal,
Matana odar ma(n) jene purya,
Gibaravas ma kidhi sanbar Cheto......
59. Serve the Imam through which you will evolve your soul for He is the
One who helped you whilst you were in
your mother's womb and He looked after you then.
60) Eji Te Ali ji upare vishvas nahi,
Sahu koie chalshe te potane aachar,
Bohot budiye saho koie chalshe,
Teno man no nahi matere janjal Cheto......
60. Those who will not trust Ali and will continue to go the way they will
and will think their own intellect to be
superior, these people will never have internal peace.
61) Eji Sansar sagharo aem thayo,
Sat guru ji kahe te ketlik war,
Murkh mayani jar ma(n),
Saho koie bur muae re gemar Cheto......
61. Momins, the whole creation was thus created and I do not repeat that;
yet the unthinking person is so
involved in his worldly affairs that he cannot surface from this affair to
realize all this.
62) Eji Ali jini sevaae thi chukshe,
Teno bheth paryore avtar,
Chetanhara tame chetjo,
Man kho nahi aave biju vaar Cheto......
62. Those who will not serve Ali, verily they have lost this Avtar (the
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 8 of 76
purpose they were sent for) so beware, O
Momins, for you will not come back as a human being.
63) Eji Maha padar thi sarikho aa mankho,
Teno satguru ji ae dharm didho sanbar,
Te mahain sacha munivar aapana,
Tene sami rajo leshe ogar Cheto......
63. The human Avtar is indeed a high evolvement of soul. In this Avtar you
have been introduced to religion and
those who are true to this, our Lord will give them salvation.
64) Eji Te mahain khara dasondi je sukrit vanta,
Tene te bandhi pun ni paar,
Te gnam vichari ne chalshe,
Teni kaljug nahin lupse lagaar Cheto......
64. Those who are Dasondi and who walk the path of Satpanth, they have
indeed accumulated good deeds
and those who will understand the Ginans and follow them, these will not
get entrapped in the material world.
65) Eji Te char jug aavine pura thaya,
Hawe nahin koie agiyar mo avtar,
Te senso mate sacha satguru thaki,
Teni sharane te raho nirdhar Cheto......
65. Momins, four Joogs (four eras) are completed and there is no eleventh
Avtar to come. Thus the only way to
complete your spiritual evolvement is to submit yourself to His feet and
stay by His support.
66) Eji Gat sagari tame hete milo
Momino keni khed ma karsho lagar
Seva karo sacha satguru tani
Tethi panasho moksh mugat didar Cheto......
66. O Momins, get together and meet each other with love. Do not speak ill
of each other. Serve the Imam of
the Time and that will lead you to Holy Didar.
67) Eji Jene aa jiv pind sariya
Tena samarath no nahi(n) re(n) paar
Khari dasond tene aaliye
Ae to khateya nire sambar Cheto......
67. The One who has created our soul and our body, there is no limit to
Him. He is the One who should be
given Dasond and indeed by doing so, you will be the winner.
68) Eji Te satguru ni pa(n)ti algi karo
Ane bijoon karo potano aahar
Te mahain te thashe barkat ghani
Teno sneso ma aansho lagaar Cheto.....
68. Remember Satguru before anything you do; then have your meal and you
will find that your meals will
always be enough.
69) Eji Te aapane didha vina nahi chalshe
Ae gurnar lobi nahire lagar
Mankha janam mathe theraviyo
Ae saho sahona mathe chhe baar Cheto....
69. Momins, He will indeed give us what we desire for He is generous and
that is why He has created us as
humans, so it is incumbent on us to remember that.
70) Eji Jetla sharmo peda kidha
Te saho mahain chaliya aere vahevar
Hindu musalman potani nat mahain
Saho krie diay che potana guru mukhe aahar Cheto.....
70. All the religions that have been created, they all have Ali as their
solvent. Hindu or Muslim may stay true to
their principles, but in fact, there is only one God and that is Ali.
71) Eji Sarjanharo mowla aek chhe
Tene kidha che panth apar
Te mahain saho saho potane thanke
Aapana dharm mahain rahe hushiyar Cheto.....
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 9 of 76
71. The Creator is One, the paths are many. Everybody is at his/her own
level; so do remain steadfast in your religion.
72) Eji Adhoro ocho kya(n) nahi(n)
Sarv satha ne che aek sarjan haar
Te sevane karane sarjiya
Guru brahma ji nabi Mohd no avtar Cheto.....
72. Those who are not steadfast do not achieve much. Again, there is only
one Creator and He has created us
to serve Him. Our Prophet Muhammed is (a manifestation of) Brahma.
73) Eji Nabi Mohd Mustafa upaviya
Teno chalyo che parivar
Satguri brahma Mohd aek che
Teno karta te vishano var datar Cheto.....
73. Prophet Muhammed Mustafa was created to complete a mission. Brahma and
Muhammed are one and Vishnu became his son-in-law.
74) Eji Satguru saheb varo vahi gayo
Tena ved rahaya che saar
Hindu mane che te vadne
Te upar dandiae che sansar Cheto.....
74. Brahma's era has passed and only the scriptures have remained. Hindus
believe in those scriptures and base their alm-givings on that.
75) Eji Te vedni vaani upar dharm diay
Tena jutha te levanhaar
Brahma jina sut te kaheway che
Te pota mathe liae che sahono bar Cheto......
75. It is with those scriptures that Hinduism continues and there are many
who do not understand it. That scripture says that Brahma shoulders the
burden of everyone.
76) Eji Brahma jina sut tene kahieae
Je koie pale dharm aachar
Dan liae teto safal kari
Tene mathe nahi reshe bar Cheto......
76. The true followers of Brahma are the ones who follow the religion
properly. They take alms after
accomplishing their purpose and thus they do not owe anything to anyone.
77) Eji Brahma jina sut te Mohd Mustafa
Satgur noor teno parivar
Satgur noor savrag thi utarya
Tene bodhiya te sarve sansar Cheto.....
77. Prophet Muhammed is like Brahmaji and the Satgur's Noor is descendant
from Him. Satgur's Noor has
come from the Heaven and He has taught the world the right religion.
78) Eji Te satguru noor thi aalaj chali ya
Pir Shams teno pariwar
Hajar joman tene dekhariya
Murtaza ali no avtar Cheto.....
78. Pir Satgur Noor's progeny is Pir Shams and they have introduced you to
the present Imam who is really Mowla Murtaza Ali.
79) Eji Te Murtaza Ali avtare aa
Abu Talib ne gher avtar
Te Baitullah mahain peda thaya
Te shaher makka min jai Cheto.....
79. Murtaza Ali was born to Abu Talib in Baitulla, which is in Mecca.
80) Eji Mata ji gayata bait mahain
Tayat karvane saar
Ibadat karine jyare uthiya
Ali pedani same thai teniajwar Cheto.....
80. His mother was doing Baiyat and was in Ibadat when Hazrat Ali was born.
81) Eji Tare mataji pariya(n) vichar ma
Have gher gayani nathi var
Ta(n) kere ghar bijo hato
Teni bint fali bari thai teniajwar Cheto.....
81. Hazrat Ali's mother was surprised at this incident of Hazrat Ali being
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 10 of 76
hile she was praying for she was away from home when He was born.
82) Eji Tare mataji uthi te mahain gaya
Huran be aaviyoon te ghar ninjar
Te same Ali peda thaya
Te aad nirianjan noon avtar Cheto.....
82. She did not have to worry very long for two angels came to assist her
when Ali was born. Verily He is God Manifest.
83) Eji Tame sat divas aankhioon nahi aghariyoon
Mukh thi khirna pidhoon lagar
Tara nabi Mohd ne malum thayoon
Teto aaviya teaniaj var Cheto.....
83. For seven days He would not open His eyes and would not take any milk.
This made Prophet Muhammed realize (who Hazrat Ali was) and he cam to Him.
84) Eji Tare salam kidha sarvare
Ali ae aankhiyoon oghariyoon teaniaj var
Tare didar kidha nabi Mohamed tana
Mukh thi salam varyo ali kirtar Cheto.....
84. He (Prophet Muhammed) paid respects to Hazrat Ali, upon which He
opened His eyes and they mutually
saw each other and Hazrat Ali smiled at the Prophet.
85) Eji Tare mukh ughariyoon Mowla Ali jiae
Tena mukh mahain jib didhi sardar
Tya(n) bed sagharo samabara viya
Te char kitabaj saar Cheto.....
85. Since that day Hazrat Ali opened His mouth and has become our leader
(check this word). He has told us the secrets of here and after and His
words are the gist of the four scriptures.
86) Eji Tare potani kudarat rakhi pota kane
Nabi Mohammed samajya sarve vichar
Dhan dhan mat tat ne kahiae
Ay che aad nirinjan no avtar Cheto.....
86. Prophet Muhammed had understood Hazrat Ali's greatness and
congratulated His mother for being chosen
to be the person through which God would manifest.
87) Eji Aene partham pahelo sahi kidho
Jyare ditha te shah na didar
Pache te muridone vataviyo
Te mahain je orkhashe te pamshe paar Cheto....
87. The Prophet first assured himself of Hazrat Ali and got His Holy
Didar. He then introduced Ali to the
Momins and those who recognized Him indeed achieved salvation.
88) Eji Te satguru sahebjieay sreva kari
Shukrana kidha ati apaar
Ali ne te allah orakhiyo
Te mahain shak na aanio lagaar Cheto.....
88. So Momins, serve that Lord and be thankful for Ali is Allah and do not
ever doubt it.
89) Eji Tare arash mahinthi maliek utariya
Te aaviya paygambar pase tenivar
Te puchva lagiya paiygambar ne
Tame shoon shoon ditha sardar Cheto....
89. The angels came down from the skies to ask the Prophet where and how
did you see the leader .
90) Eji Tare mukh mubarak mahain thi boliya
Nabi Mohammed teniaj vaar
Ame mojiza kitha mukh ali jine
Aapano bhed aaliyo che sanbar Cheto.....
90. The Prophet replied: "I have seen a miracle from (in) Ali's face and
He has introduced me to the secrets of the here and after."
91) Eji Tare Nabi Mohammed ne malaeke kahayoon
Amne dekharo Ali vardatar
Ame didar kariya shah Ali tana
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 11 of 76
To utariya pele paar Cheto....
91. The angels requested the Prophet: "Please show us Ali the Lord so that
we may get His Holy Didar and achieve salvation."
92) Eji Tare Nabi Mohammed ne malaek chaliya
Te aaviya Abu Talib ne duar
Tyan noor dithon nirakar noon
Kidhoon kuransoon teni vaar Cheto....
92. The Nabi then took the angels to Hazrat Abu Talib's home where they
all saw Allah's Noor (Illahi Noor) and completed their mission.
93) Eji Tare salam kari te to pacha variya
Te malaek ne sardar
Tare malaek Nabi Mohammed ne kahayoon
Ae to che arash kurash noon kirtar Cheto....
93. After saluting Hazrat Ali the angels turned back and said to the
Prophet: "Verily He is the Creator of the earth and the heaven."
94) Eji Hamne jene hukam kariyo
Ane mukiya tam pase sardar
Sohi ame aene jaanta
Te mahain shak nahi re lagaar Cheto.....
94. The One who has commanded me and has made me your leader (check the
word), O Momin, He is the
only One I know and I request you not to doubt Him.
95) Eji Tare Nabi Mohammed aem boliya
Bhai malaek tamne kahoon vichar
Amne pote orkhavio
Ae che susatino sirjan har Cheto.....
95. Prophet Muhammed said to the angels that Ali revealed Himself to me
and verily He is the Creator of the universe.
96) Eji Ali te to sahi allah kahiye
Tema oocho nahire lagaar
Ame aene manio sidak soon
Aeno nam che jallshanaho aakar Cheto......
96. Momins, do call Ali Allah and nothing less for I have believed in Him
with implicit faith and He is my Lord.
97) Eji Sidak barshaq Ali kahiye
Te aad nirinjan no avtar
Tare Nabi Mohammed ne saho salam kari
Malaek gaya potane duar Cheto.....
97. Ali is the all-powerful and He is God Manifest. Prophet Muhammed and
the angels paid their respects to Him and they went back to their abode.
98) Eji Malaek tyanthi mathe gaya
Pahota hajor parvardigaar
Tare kuran soon kari uba rahaya
Tare ditho te Ali jino aakar Cheto.....
98. When the angels went back to the Heaven and were fortunate to go to
God's presence; to their amazement it was none other than Hazrat Ali.
99) Eji Mowla Murtaza Ali duniya mahain zaher thaye
Teni kudrat no nahi koie paar
Dine islam aethi payda thayo
Te karame mathe thi utarya duldul ne zulfiqar Cheto....
99. So Momins, God has proclaimed Himself in Hazrat Ali and there is no
end to what He can do. He gave us
Islam and then came to us riding Dul Dul and with Zulfiqar (sword) in His
100) Eji Tene mari musllaman karya
Hindu hata teno nahi koie shumar
Din pota no zaher kariyo
Tena Nabi Mohammed ne kidha sardar Cheto....
100. The people were converted to Islam and no Hindus were left. They
could practise their religion openly and Prophet Muhammed was their leader.
101) Eji Nabi Mohammed sat brahma kahiae
Tena farzand bibi Fatima saar
Tare Nabi Mohammed chinta upani
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 12 of 76
Aeno kon te thashe bharthar Cheto.....
101. Nabi Muhammed is the right Brahma and his daughter is Bibi Fatima.
This worried the Prophet - who would marry his daughter?
102) Eji Nabi Mohammed ne shahe maeraj te raviaa
Tyan dithi te kudrat aapar
Tare farman aaviyo Ali janab thi
Tame chinta ma karo lagaar Cheto....
102. When Prophet was called on (experienced) Meraj, he saw many wonderful
things and Hazrat Ali made a Farman to him not to worry.
103) Eji Tam ghar farzand bibi Fatima
Teno am pase che bharthar
Te kul tamari mahain avtariya
Te Abu Talib ne gher avtar Cheto....
103. I have chosen a husband for your daughter, Bibi Fatima, who has come
to you through Abu Talib's lineage.
104) Eji Te roop amaroon jaanjo
Te Mowla Murtaza Ali avtar
Ali allah aek kari jaanjo
Te mahain shak ma aanjo lagaar Cheto....
104. Know My form, for though I am manifest in Murtaza Ali, I am the
Creator and do not doubt that.
105) Eji Jyare aevo farman aaviyo hazar thi
Tare Nabi Mohammed ne aaviyo aetbaar
Tyan dithi kudrat kadar tani
Boliya Nabi Mohammed teni var Cheto.....
105. When the Prophet heard this at Meraj, he gained faith and he saw
106) Eji Tare araj kidhi Ali janab ma
Tame sambaro parvardigar
Ali allah aek farmaviya
Teno te koon karshe aetbaar Cheto....
106. He requested Hazrat Ali saying, "How will I convince my fellow human
beings that you are God Manifest?"
107) Eji Tare dargah mathi farman aaviyo
Tame sambaro Mohammed mora piyar
Tam ghar farzand bibi Fatima
Teno Ali che bharthar Cheto.....
107. The reply from the Heaven to the Prophet was: "O My beloved Prophet,
marry your daughter to Hazrat Ali."
108) Eji Tam ghar farzand nar che
Am ghar farzand the bharthar
Tame Mohammed ame jallshanho
Aapan donoon no ay che vahevar Cheto.....
108. You have a daughter and I have the husband for her. You are Muhammed
and I am "Jal Shahnur"(Creator). Together we will carry on the mission.
109) Eji Jyare ae farzand mota thashe
Tyare karshoon te duniaanoon aachar
Ame tame donoon aek chiae
Tenoon koie na karsho vichar Cheto......
109. When your daughter will grow older I will create the circumstance for
her to marry Ali for indeed you are
from My Noor, so don't worry about the future.
110) Eji Bibi Fatima voravajo
Te Hazrat Ali gher nar
Tene tame tyan aaljo
Dejo dej mahain khawja char Cheto.....
110. Marry Bibi Fatima to Hazrat Ali in the dowry give her four servants.
111) Eji Te khawja raheshe hazoor main
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 13 of 76
Te upare bibi Fatima dharshe piyar
Teni dua ae tito vijshe
Tena thashe baho parivar Cheto....
111. These servants will stay with her and will respect and love Bibi
Fatima and she will ove them. These
servants will be regular in their prayers and their families will be happy.
112) Eji Teto manshe Mowla Ali ne
Seva karshe dhari baho pujar
Teno allah te ali kahiae
Je koie aanshe itbaar Cheto....
112. They will also believe in Hazrat Ali and will serve Him with love and
will acknowledge Ali as Allah.
113) Eji Ali allah je koie manshe
Teno pir te Nabi Mohammed avtar
Je nabi jini aal mahain thi upajshe
Te pir musalle saar Cheto....
113. Those who will acknowledge Ali as Allah, they are indeed equivalent
to Pir and Nabi, and one can call them as from Nabi.
114) Eji Aal alijini sahi kari manshe
Je thashe te khawja no parwar
Sache sidake te chalshe
Ali Mohammed ni aal upar rakhshe piyar Cheto....
114. Momins, believe Ali's progeny to be true and those who will do this
will get the benefit as those servants did. They will also be guided to
the right path if they will love Ali and Muhammed.
115) Eji Tena iamn ame rakhshoon
Jyare vartse kaljug kalikar
Tene potana kari rakhshoon
Aagal mahadan mahain utarsoon paar Cheto.....
115. We will believe with true Iman in Ali, especially in this present
material world (Kaljoog); we will also
consider Him as our own so that He will be our cause for salvation. (This
is what the servants will pledge.)
116) Eji Tare Nabi Mohammed boiya
Tame sambaro parvardigaar
Tamare farman ne ame chalsoon
Tame mehar karo sirjan haar Cheto.....
116. Nabi then replied, "O My Lord, I will obey Your Farman, please be
Merciful on me."
117) Eji Te Ali Mohammed aek che
Tena nam na joaa joaa vichar
Ali kirtar vishanu kahiae
Nabi Mohammed brahma jino avtar Cheto....
117. Momins, Ali and Muhammed are one. It is like different attributes of
God as one who would compare Ali to
Vishnu and Muhammed to Brahma.
118) Eji Tame sirjanhaar aem boliya
Jenon naam parvardigaar
Maheshwar murat te mahain mili
Te aadam safiullah noon avtar Cheto....
118. The Lord then replied: The Lord who is the Creator of this universe -
Maheshvar is that Creator and He
has created Hazrat Adam and manifested Himself.
119) Eji Tare maheraj mahain thi Mohammed utariya
Te aaviya jyan hato potano parivar
Aasane aavi parvariya
Tyan betiya Ali var dataar Cheto....
119. The Prophet then came down from his Meraj to his house and went to
bed where he met Hazrat Ali.
120) Eji Bibi Fatima jare mota thaya
Tyare vali hokam hoyo parvardigar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 14 of 76
Hazrat Ali ne paran vajo
Ane dej mahain dejo khawja char Cheto....
120. When Bibi Fatima became older, Prophet received another order from
Allah to marry Bibi Fatima to Ali and give her four servants in dowry.
121) Eji Tare Farman mani Nabi Mohammed ubha rahiya
Jai Alisoon karyo vichar
Bibi Fatima tame hak karo
Ae che tamari naar Cheto....
121. Prophet heeded the Farman and requested Hazrat Ali to marry Bibi Fatima.
122) Eji Tare hazrat ali ae hak karya
Bibi Fatima dikari Nabi Mohammed ni saar
Tare Nabi Mohammed Mustafa
Ali aa dej mahain khawja char Cheto....
122. Hazrat Ali thus married Bibi Fatima, the Prophet's daughter, and the
Prophet gave her a dowry of four servants.
123) Eji Te khawaja khizmat mahain aaliya
Teona namna sambalo vichar
Arabi bakhya mahain te hata
Teto Gujrati mahain kidha nirdhar Cheto.....
123. These servants served Ali; Momin, listen to their names which were in
Arabic and I'll try to translate them for you.
124) Eji Khalak khudabaksh ae be jana
Trijo te sadak saar
Abdul Rasool ae char jana
Bibi Fatimane Aliyu sardar Cheto....
124. Their names were Khalak, Khudabaksh, Sadak, Abdurasool; and Bibi
Fatima was in charge of them.
125) Eji Teoae khizmat kidhi khavand tani
Te umaro sari saar
Teni aakhar vela jare aavi
Tare bibi Fatima ae dhariya piyar Cheto....
125. These servants served both Bibi Fatima and her husband (Hazrat Ali)
all their lives and even when their
final moments came, they remained steadfast in their love for Ali.
126) Eji Bibi Fatima tyare boliya
Tame sambaro hydre karar
Sari umro aeoae seva kari
Teno aapana upar rahyo che bhar Cheto....
126. Bibi Fatima requested Ali, saying: "O My Beloved Alim, these people
have served us all their lives; how can we repay them?"
127) Eji Tare Hazrat Ali farmaviya
Tame sambaro bib Fatima saar
Je kaho te aeone aaliye
Aem boliya te haydare karar Cheto....
127. Hazrat Ali replied: "Listen, Bibi Fatima, ask them what they want,
and so shall they have."
128) Eji Tare bibi Fatima baliya
Tame sambaro Ali bharthar
Aeone tame duaa karjo
Je aeone thaae kutumb parivar Cheto....
128. Bibi Fatima requested Hazrat Ali to bless the servants so that they
and their families may live happily and peacefully.
129) Eji Tare hazrat Ali ae khawja teraviaa
Te one puchio te sarve vichar
Aaj je joiea te tame mag jo
Tamne trutha te Alivar dataar Cheto....
129. Hazrat Ali called the four servants and said: "You can ask Me what
you want today for I am in a generous mood today."
130) Eji Tare khawja khalek aem boliyo
Tame sambaro parvardigar
Tam truthe amne sarve thayshe
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 15 of 76
Tame kayam cho kudrat na datar Cheto.....
130. Khalak then replied: O my Lord, Your happiness towards me is all I
want for indeed You are the Creator of the universe.
131) Eji Amaroon iman sabat rakhjo
Jethi utariya pele paar
Bijoon atloon ame ma(n)giye
Je varvar hove tamaro didar Cheto....
131. Keep my Iman strong so that I may cross this world that is like an
ocean. The next thing I ask is that I may be blessed with Your Didar always.
132) Eji Sreva tamari nav chokiae
Aevi maher karjo alivar kirtar
Aal amari koie nathi
Jethi kere chale amaro parivar Cheto...
132. Bless us also with more Seva for You for indeed me and my family are
nothing. You are everything.
133) Eji Ame char jan is jug mahain aaviya
Teni shankh na raheshe mahain sansar
Amaro pind pota tano
Saheb tamo cho amara aadhar Cheto....
133. So Momins, this is how these four great men lived their lives. They
did not consider themselves more important than their Lord.
134) Eji Aem kahine khawja roieya
Tene naine aavian nir apar
Tare mataji Fatima aem boliya
Tame chinta ma karo lagaar Cheto....
134. Whilst these servants were asking Ali for all the above blessings,
they ere crying and Bibi Fatima comforted them and asked them not to worry.
135) Eji Tare fari Fatima aem boliya
Tame sambaro hazrat bharthar
Tame duaa karo ayoone meher soon
Jem thay ayoone putra ne parivar Cheto.....
135. Bibi Fatima then requested Hazrat Ali: "O my husband, bless these
servants so that they may have a happy family and a son."
136) Eji Baga te noor saja thaya
Aem dua kidhi Ali datar
Tene laiene paramaivaya
Utam varan mahein saar Cheto....
136. Those who were ill in that family thus became healthy and each
servant was married away.
137) Eji Te chare khawya ne paranviya
Te mahin aek noon nahi parivar
Tene te kainik ochoon kari janiyoo
Ali janab parvardigar Cheto....
137. Though each were married, one of them did not conceive and he was the
one who had not believed Ali implicitly.
138) Eji Chare khawjane paramavi kari
Aaleaa teone dharm aachar
Te chare ne aazad kariya
Aem hukam kidho Alivar datar Cheto....
138. After these four servants were married and after they had accepted
Islam, they were released from Hazrat
Ali's service; thus was His command.
139) Eji Have ame tamne azad kariya
Tame jao te pase sardar
Tene farmane tame chaljo
To pamsho moksh mugat didar Cheto.....
139. Hazrat Ali said, "I release you to be with your family, but follow My
Farmans and you will achieve salvation."
140) Eji Tare chare khawya Nabi ji pase gaya
Amne trutha te Alivar datar
Have amne laie tamne sonpiya
Have tainthi otariye paar Cheto....
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 16 of 76
140. The four then went to the Prophet and requested him to take them in
his service for they said that Hazrat
Ali has been happy with us and no longer needs our service.
141) Eji Tare Nabi Mohammed bodhi teone murid karya
Tene dekhiriya sat dharm na aachar
Ali te manjo allah kari
Te mukh khari dasond dejo saar Cheto....
141. Then Hazrat Nabi guided these four and showed them the right path;
asked them to acknowledge Ali as
Allah and to pay their Dasond regularly.
142) Eji Dasond dasmi pati kahiae
Te dejo nar Alijine aahar
Chalio amaro aaljo
Pir murid noon ae che vevar Cheto....
142. Dasond is the tenth of your earning which you submit to Ali and the
fortieth is our (Pir's) share. Momins, this is how you deal with us.
143) Eji Ali te allah kari manjo
Pir te Nabi Mohammed sardar
Amare farmane tame chaljo
To tamara vadhshe putra ne parivar Cheto....
143. Acknowledge Ali as Allah and Pir is on the same footing as the Nabi.
Thus follow what we say to you and
that will ensure that you and your family will flourish.
144) Eji Teni aendhani tamne don
Teno tamne kahoon choon vichar
Aal tamari je thayshe
Potri potra ne parivar Cheto....
144. I have introduced you to Him and request you to think about Him so
that you may in turn have your daughters and sons know Him too.
145) Eji Tene tame laie kari chaljo
Te parvat opare saar
Tene tyanthi tame meljo
Ali allah kahi tene aadhar Cheto....
145. Momins, take Ali's thoughts with you even at the peak of your
success, and if you have to leave his
thought, leave it after acknowledging Him as Allah.
146) Eji Te Ali allah sahi hashe
To tamara ogarshe putra ne parivar
To ae nar ne srevjo satsoon
Dasond dijo ae narjine saar Cheto....
146. If your faith in Ali is true, then your family will indeed flourish.
Thus serve Him implicitly and pay your Dasond.
147) Eji Nar Alijine dasond jo tame aalso
To tamara vadhashe ridhi sidhi potra ne parivar
Iman salamat tena rakkshe
Aapano nar Ali che sirjan haar Cheto....
147. If you pay Dasond to Ali your material wealth and your progeny will
increase. He will also keep your Iman strong. Verily Ali is the Creator.
148) Eji Tyanthi aal tamari jugmahain chalshe
Tene senso nahire lagaar
Je jiv satpanth dharm pichanshe
Jyan sudhi aavshe kiyamat rojni sambar Cheto....
148. Your children that come after you will never go hungry or unhappy
till the Day of Judgement if you have understood Satpanth.
149) Eji Tamari aal je thayshe
Tenoon aa satpanthsoon raheshe vahevar
Nar alijine te sahi kari manshe
Pir nabi Mohammed te muslle saar Cheto...
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 17 of 76
149. The children that follow you will adhere to Satpanth. They will
believe in Ali and will be among the Muslims who will acknowledge Muhammed.
150) Eji Kaljug sandhe bijane bodhshe
Je thashe amaro parivar
Te mahain thar thar koie koie raheshe
Aevo kaljugno kathan thashe vahevar Cheto.....
150. During Kaljoog times will be difficult and only the sincere will be
able to keep their Iman strong for diversions will be plenty.
151) Eji Tare kiyana hiana jiv dolshe
Je melshe satpanth dharm no aachar
Aa satpanth meli baher jaaeshe
Ane karshe juth ninda ne kura charavshe aar Cheto....
151. Those who will not have followed their religious duty regularly will
lose their religion. They will also be
amongst those who backbite and are deceptive.
152) Eji Te dare divane vatoon karshe
Aapana dharm maragno vistar
Te to dasond deta ochoon aanashe
Tena jiv te thar nahi raheshe lagar Cheto.....
152. These people will also talk a lot against religion. They won't be
regular in their Dasond and they will never have peace of mind.
153) Eji Tyan te tamari aalna je hashe
Teni nar aliji karshe vaar
Iman sabit tena rakhashe
Jare avshe kaljug sandh ni var Cheto.....
153. In times like this Ali will come to the help of your children, O
Momins, and He will make sure that their Iman remains steadfast.
154) Eji Kari salam tare uthiya
Nabi Mohammed pase thi khawja char
Tene jie potano ogham kario
Deta dasond khariya ni saar Cheto....
154. When the Khwajas (servants) heard the above preachings from the Nabi,
they stood up saluting him andwere amongst those who followed his teachings.
155) Eji Satguru Nabi ji Ali ji ne farmane dharm aalio
Teno vadhio te ridhi sidhi ne parivar
Tena balak jare opje tare
Parvat thi hethe mele saar Cheto....
155. Nabi introduced them to Satpanth; they had success in their material
and spiritual worlds and their families flourished.
156) Eji Aere aachai aaj din lagi
Te bukhaya tarshya nahire lagaar
Teni aal aajdin lagi
Te Nabi Mohammed bodhiya khawaja char Cheto....
156. Till this day the families of these servants have never gone hungry
and they have continued the tradition of spreading Islam.
157) Eji Te to asal dharmisoon sabit rahiya
Nahi melio te dharm aachar
Teoae aa satpanth gupt aaradhio.
Te panth no pardo fas na kidho lagaar Cheto.....
157. They remained true to the right (original) religion and they did this
without publicising it.
158) Eji Te dasond sukrite pura rahiya
Juth ninda na kidhi lagaar
Tene te doheloon kem hove
Je aale dasond satguru mukhe aahar Cheto....
158. They stayed true in their dealings and Dasond. They never indulged in
backbiting - how can people like this ever suffer unhappiness?
159) Eji Aere khawaja satpanth mahain aaviya
Jare hati Nabi Mohammed ni vaar
Tyanthi satpanth chaliyo
Teto jaher kidho Nabi Mohammed no parivar Cheto...
159. My belief is that the servants led exemplary lives on which our
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 18 of 76
Satpanth was emulated and they served Nabi and his family.
160) Eji Ali nabijini kala mahain thi apana
Imam Hassan Hussein parivar
Tena kur mahain thi opana
Hazrat Zainulabdin avtar Cheto....
160. Hazrat Ali is from the Prophet's lineage and Hasan and Husseyn are
His children and Zainulabdeen is His grandson.
161) Eji Tyanthi aalay chaliaa
Te to avtare avtar
Tene srevanta je bulshe
Te to jashe nark dwar Cheto....
161. Similarly this line will continue with every Joma (every descendant
Imam). Momins, do not forget to serve
Him, for if you do, you will not achieve heaven.
162) Eji Ali nabi thi je satpanth chaliaa
Tene sreviay gupt aapar
Atharvedi aa panth kahiae
Te to khojiya kuran minjar Cheto....
162. The religion that has been introduced to you by Ali and Nabi, observe
it within yourself for truly this religion
is from the time of creation and you can find its proof in the Holy Quran.
163) Eji Das sipara kuran na
Teno ay atharvedaj saar
Te gupt satpanth rakhiay
Aaradhiya teto pamiya moksh mugat didar Cheto.....
163. The Holy Quran confirms this in ten Siparas (chapters) just as Athar
Ved (Hindu Scripture) confirms it too.
So Momins, observe this without much ado for that is your salvation.
164) Eji Anant kalapanant jug vahi gaya
Te mahain jiv oghariaa apar
Ah kaljug mahain Ali Nabi ji aaviya
Te pan karva jivoni sambar Cheto....
164. Countless eras have passed and your soul has passed through all those
eras. In the present era you have Ali and Nabi to guide you to salvation,
165) Eji Tene farmane je jiv chalshe
Te jiv pamshe moksh didar
Chara charbat je jiv shikhashe
Te to jashe narak dwar Cheto...
165. Those Momins who will obey their Farmans will achieve Noorani Didar.
Those who will question the
Farmans and think themselves cleverer will not achieve salvation.
166) Eji Aad uniaade thi ay sat dharm chhe
Char kalap n echar juh mahain saar
Jakh navano karor pahela kalap mahain
Te to pamiya moksh muhat didar Cheto....
166. The Satpanth (or true religion) which you have from creation will
help you get through the four Joogs just as
99 Karor souls achieved salvation in the first Joog.
167) Eji Bija kalap mahain oghariya
Chapan karor megh mala saar
Aad sadguru sahevjini sevaay te rahiya
Tene orakhiyo potano bharthar Cheto....
167. In the second era, fifty-six Karor souls served the true Guru and
168) Eji Bathrisha karor kinar kahiay
Tene to satgurusoon rakhiyo puro vahevar
Ay jiv aagal oghariaa
Trija kalap mahain nirdhar Cheto...
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 19 of 76
168. Thirty-two Karor souls attached themselves rightly to the True Guru
in the third era and thus achieved salvation.
169) Eji Tetrisa karor dharmi pura thaya
Teto chotha kalap mahain saar
Te satguru ni sevaay thi nahi chukiaa
Teto pahota amarapuri monjar Cheto...
169. Thirty-three Karor souls observed their religion implicitly in the
fourth era. They did not forget to serve the Guru and thus achieved
170) Eji Te chotha kalap mahain thi char jug thaya
Teno karta te nar Ali datar
Karta, treta, divapar jug kariaa
Ane chotha te kaljug saar Cheto....
170. In the fourth era there were four Joogs and Ali was the cause of
that: Karta (first Joog), Treta (second joog), Duapur (third Joog) and the
fourth Joog is Kaljoog.
171) Eji Karta juge raja paelay opana
Tene satguru saheb ni sreva kidhi saar
Harankans ghar avtarya
Tene to baap soon na rakhiyo vahevar Cheto.....
171. King Pehla was the true Guru in Kartajoog and he served the Lord. He
was born of Hamakas (Pehla's father's name) and he looked after him.
172) Eji Pitaay tene parharyo
Te to janamiyo van monjar
Teni sreva dithi sahebjiae
Tare thamb mahain thi pragatae dev morar Cheto....
172. His father brought him up after he was born in a forest and when the
Lord saw Pehla's devotion, He manifested Himself to him.
173) Eji Paelay n i vare sri Narsinh aaviya
Jare kasani te dithi saar
Mag mag paelaj sri Narsinh bane
Tamne trotho te vardatar Cheto....
173. After Pehla, Narsi was the next who went through many tribulations
but he followed the path like Pehla and the Lord was beneficent to him.
174) Eji Tare paelaj hari pratye boliya
Shami dhan dhan satguru ji avtar
Tene pratape tame padhariya
Te satfuru opare jaon balhar Cheto....
174. Pehla was happy when he achieved salvation and said: O Lord, You are
the cause of my creation and I will submit fully to You, body and soul.
175) Eji Jere satguru thaki ame seva kari
Ane pamiaa te tamaro didar
Te satguru ne pratape kari
Amne choravo lakh chorashina avtar Cheto.....
175. He thus served the Lord and achieved Noorani Didar. The Lord was
beneficent to him and he completed 84 Lakh evolutions.
176) Eji Satguru pratape Sri Narsinh trotha
Karor panchesoon otariya paar
Teto jiv amrapuri gaya
Tene senso nahin re lagaar Cheto.....
176. Because of Satguru, who came to you, the King of the Kings (God) is
happy with you and has givensalvation to five Karor. The five Karor have
gone to Heaven and will have no unhappiness.
177) Eji Jug treta mahain harichandra thaya
Te ghar Tara Rani naar
Kunwar Rohidas teno potra kahiay
Tene seviaa te Vishanu kirtar Cheto....
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 20 of 76
177. In the Treta Joog, Harischandra came and his wife was Queen Tara.
Their son was Rohidas and they all served Lord Vishnu.
178) Eji Te mahain sabi Tara raniay seva kari
Te sami jini rahiaa thi utariaa paar
Tene sangte thi satguru pamiaa
Tethi dharm mahe(n) aaviyo Harichandra bharthar Cheto....
178. Queen Tara served the Lord and achieved salvation. She was like our
Satguru and that is why she had a husband like Harischandra.
179) Eji Te raja Harichandra satguru sevaae rahiya
Teno putra ne gharni naar
Tene rajpat sarve meli kari
Ane Dhiaieaa te sat dharm saar Cheto....
179. King Harischandra remained devoted in his services and when the time
came, he even gave his son, his queen and kingdom for religion.
180) Eji Tene hal mal sarve didho satguru name
Ane pote vecham zaprane dwar
Tene tyan satguru jaie miliya
Jyare dithi te kasni aapar Cheto.....
180. All his wealth and his material comforts diminished. He got sold as a
slave and it was after going through this ordeal that he attained Satguru.
181) Eji Tare varo hato sri Ramchand jino
Tyan satguru saheb Vijesthan saar
Jene ay wvtar jani seva kari
Te odhariya nar ne naar Cheto....
181. During that time, Ram was manifest and Satguru was Vijayshthan who
served Ram and because of that he achieved salvation.
182) Eji Sat karor soon amra puri gaya
Tene satguru Vijesthan otariya paar
Aeva thaiene chaljo rikhisaro
Tamne kahoon chhon sarva vichar Cheto.....
182. With him, seven Karor went to Heaven, so be like Vijayshthan and
Momins, do think about this incident.
183) Eji Satguru jugajuge aaviya
Tene to sahune dharm batavio che saar
Chetanhaara tame chetjo
Aa mankha avtar nahi aave biji vaar Cheto....
183. The right Guru has come in each era to guide us to the right path.
Those who are aware of this, understand it for surely you will not be
184) Eji Duapur juge pandav oghariya
Tene te rakhio sri krishan sson ati pyar
Mata kuntajina te sut kahiay
Sati Drupatijina bharthar Cheto....
184. In the Duapur era, Panch Pandaw came and they loved Shri Krishna.
Their mother was Kunta who was Truth and their wife was Dropati.
185) Eji Dharm beem arjun kahiye
Sahdev nikur chodra apar
Tene Kururkshetra mahain youdh kariya
Korvane pandave didhi ghani maar Cheto....
185. The Pandaws were Bhim, Arjun, Sohdev, Dharam and Yodhra. They fought
battle with Kawraw and defeated them.
186) Eji Adar kshoan tyan aavti
Te mahain aeone aanch na aavi lagaar
Aeva chodra te maha balvant howa
Teno rikhisaro tame sambaro vichar Cheto....
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 21 of 76
186. Eighteen different ammunitions were used, yet the Pandaws withstood
it for Yodhra was very strong. So Momins, listen to this story.
187) Eji Tene satguru vidur vayas jare maliya
Tare melavio sarve sansaar
Hasnapuri Nagrina te raja hata
Teto satgur vachane meli gaya van mojar Cheto.....
187. When Vishurvias (check) met Satguru, he met Him with all his thoughts
and achieved Heaven for it was
on Satguru's Farman that he discarded his worldly possessions and lived a
life of seclusion in the forest.
188) Eji Mata kunta sati drupati
Yoddha panchei pandav saar
Tene seva kidhi sacha satguru teni
Tare te sate utariya paar Cheto....
188. Mother Kunta and Dropati came to help the five Pandaws. They served
Satguru too and achieved salvation.
189) Eji Tene ogharva karan kariyoon aetloon
Meliya rajpat sarve sansaar
Teone satguru vidurvayase vani kahi
Te opare chaliya pure vahevar Cheto.....
189. To achieve salvation, these Pandaws and Satis gave up their kingdom,
their possessions and followed Vidurvias's Farman implicitly.
190) Eji Tare satgur vidurvayas prasan thaya
Jujesthan upar rakhio ati piyar
Tare nav karor jiv ni maya kari
Je satguru ni sevaay hata nirdhar Cheto.....
190. Vidurvias (check) was happy with them and loved Jujeshtan and granted
salvation to nine Karor.
191) Eji Te seva jani rikhisaro tani
Teto mukhi raja jugesthan saar
Te nav karor jiv amrapuri gaya
Satguru vachne pandav pota viekunt monjar Cheto....
191. That is the type of service you should do, O Momins, for Jujeshtan
did that and achieved salvation for nine
Karor, and because the Pandaws obeyed Farmans, they also achieved Heaven.
192) Eji Aevoo janine chaljo rikhisaro
Aagal chhe dohela paar
Te satguru saheb jugajuge aaviya
Teni vaani thi saho koie otarya paar Cheto....
192. Beware Momins, the path ahead of you is difficult but Satguru has
come in each era to guide you, so listen to His Farman if you want salvation.
193) Eji Anant kalap aage vahi gaya
Bija jug non nahi koie shomar
Te mahain je jiv satgur farmane chaliya
Te jaie pota svarag duar Cheto....
193. Countless eras have passed and I have no words to describe the second
Joog, but those who obeyed
Farmans they have achieved salvation.
194) Eji Tran jug aavi pura thaya
Have aabi te chotha kaljugni vaar
Aage je jiv nahi chetiya
Tene te lidho aa jug mahain avtar Cheto.....
194. The third Joog is completed and now the Kaljoog is present. Those
souls who will not be aware of this will keep coming back in different eras.
195) Eji Aad nirinjan Ali kahiae
Satguru brahma Nabi Mohammad no avtar
Tene farmane je jiv chalshe
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 22 of 76
Te jiv otarshe pele paar Cheto....
195. The present Lord is Ali and Muhammed is His messenger, just as Brahma
was to Niranjan. So obey their Farmans to achieve salvation.
196) Eji Teno parivar gupt chalio
Amare te sathe preet aapar
Ali narvar tare ame pamiya
Jare seva te kidhi aapar Cheto....
196. This was a secret and I love Ali and I have achieved Him after
197) Eji Noor satgur preetan jaher thaya
Te pan pamiya ay ghar minjar
Tene seva kidhi nar Ali teni
Tare aalio satpanth saar Cheto....
197. The first Pir to come to you was Satgur who has also achieved
salvation for he served Ali and Ali game him the right path.
198) Eji Tare satguru noore prabodh kari
Tene aapio dharm sanbar
Ay vira mara bhai tame sambaro
Satguruji kahe chhe pokar Cheto....
198. Satguru has given you teachings about the right path; so Momins,
listen to his teachings, I implore you.
199) Eji Tene bodhi ne khoja kariya
Ane aapio te dharm aachar
Tyan the satpanth chaliyo
Dasond tano vahevar Cheto.....
199. He taught you and made you Khojas. He has given you a religion and
Dasond is its foundation.
200) Eji Pir Satgur Noor tyan thi chaliya
Nabi Mohammed tano parivar
Te noor satguru arsh mahain thi otariya
Teto otariya potan minjar Cheto....
200. Pir Satgur's lineage goes right back to the Prophet. Indeed, he has
descended from the heaven to come to Patan (town).
201) Eji khel ramat tene ati kari
Bodhiya raja preja sar
Rani palonde paraniya
Te to Nabi Mohammed no parivar Cheto.....
201. In Patan he surprised everyone for he converted the king and the
citizens of Patan and married Princess Palandhe and included her in his
202) Eji Noor thi nooraj chaliya
Pir Salahdin teno avtar
Tene Pir shah no jap japaviya
Hajar jomoon te dekhariyo nirdhar Cheto.....
202. The Noor has continued and Pir Saladin (check) was amongst them and he
introduced us to Pir Shah and to Hazar Imam.
203) Eji Te Pir Salahdin par bodhiya
Dan leta te khate aani saar
Satguru ne bayeke je sudha chaliya
Tene thi vadhio dharm aachar Cheto.....
203. Pir Saladin has told us that those who give alms generously achieve
the Truth and those who follow Satgur's Farman know the real religion.
204) Eji Pir Salahdin na Shamsudin upna
Te to chaliya Tabrej mulak minjar
Te je Pir Shamsudine dharm chalaviya
Te rikhisar pasethi lidho aahar Cheto....
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 23 of 76
204. Pir Shams was from Pir Saladin's (check) lineage and was born in
Tabrez (check) and he taught that same religion and dedicated his life.
205) Eji Te Tabrej mulak mahain thi sidhariya
Pir Shams chot var dataar
Teto fariya mulak chovis mahain
Tyan bodhiya murid aapar Cheto....
205. Pir Shams left Tabrez (check) and went to twenty-four different
countries (towns) (check) and converted Momins to the right path.
206) Eji Te farta farta gaya maha chian (china) ma
Tyan bodhiya Surja rani naar
Kamla kunwar teno sut kahiye
Diet kalingo teno bharthar Cheto.....
206. Once after going around different towns, he came to a place called
Mahachin (check) where heconverted Rani Surja and her son Prince Kamla.
Her husband was (unfortunately) Daint Kalingo.
207) Eji Satgur Shamsudin par bodhiya
Ane batavio te dharm aachar
Khati kari te mahain thi aapjo
Ane dasond te gur mukhe aahar Cheto.....
207. Pir Shams showed the above two the right religion and told them to
give their Dasond and follow the Truth.
208) Eji Haq kamaie kari jo aapsho
To pahonchshe satgur mukhe aahar
Ger haqa noon jo gurne aapshe
Teno tam mathe raheshe baar Cheto....
208. Dasond when given from honest earning reaches the Imam. Those who
give it after dishonest means will have a burden on their head.
209) Eji Char pohor din no dhandho kijiay
Te mahainthi khatiaani gur mukhe dije saar
Santosh karine beshiae
Baki ratna pohoraj char Cheto.....
209. Get involved in your work for the twelve hours of the day (Chaar
pahor) and whatever you earn be satisfied
with it and pay Dasond from it. The remaining twelve hours are of the night.
210) Eji Te mahain khat ghari pachli
Teto kahiae bandgini saar
Aetli faraj tame par jo
To otarshe pahele paar Cheto......
210. Of these the best four hours are the last four hours - known as Khat
Ghadi - and these are designated for Bandagi and Momins, if you take that
obligation then you will achieve salvation.
211) Eji Rat divasno hisab gure kari aapio
Te mahain shak ma aansho lagaar
Aa din no dhandho teto dhan thariyo
Rat ni khat ghari kirae bandgi vevar Cheto......
211. The Guru has divided your day for you and do not doubt that Momins.
Just as you conduct a business during the day to gain wealth, you should
conduct spiritual business (prayers) in the night.
212) Eji Jyan jawo tyan karjo aetloon
To pohonche satfur mukhe aahar
Ae mahain ochoon karshe jetloon
Teno tam par raheshe baar Cheto.....
212. Wherever you may be, you should do this and try not to miss this
obligation for if you do, then you will not have completed your mission.
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 24 of 76
1213) Eji Aetli faraj satgure kahi
Ninda juth ma karjo lagaar
Vad viradh koie sathe ma karjo
Namta khamta no rakhjo vevar Cheto......
213. Satgur has instructed us on the following as well: not to backbite,
not to lie,
not be stubborn or quarrelsome, but always be humble and bear the burdens
with a smile.
214) Eji Satgur noon farman mani kari
Dharm lidho te sarve sansaar
Tyan sarisat karor dharmi pura thaya
Teno kamla kunwar ne kidho sardar Cheto....
214. Those who obeyed Satgur's Farmans and followed Satpanth, amongst these
were 750 Karor Momins as well as Prince Kamla, who was their leader.
215) Eji Satgur Shams tyan thi chaliya
Te to aaviya oncha mulak minjar
Tyan satgur ne kene nahi orkhiya
Tyan Bavdin ne mane sarve sansaar Cheto.....
215. Pir Shams left (Mahachin) and went to Uch Mulak where the people did
not recognize Pir Shams and the ruler Bahauddin Zakariya.
216) Eji Lok murid sarve Bavdin tana
Ana satgur ne to otara noon nahi tyan thar
Tyan firta firta gaya aek metmain (masjid ma)
Tyan jai namaz kidhi teni vaar Cheto.....
216. People believed in Bahauddin and were not receptive to Pir Shams. Pir,
after walking around, came to a Masjid and started to recite Namaz.
217) Eji Tyan aek balak aaviyo
Tene te satgur soon rakhiyo piyar
Ratne divas satgur sathe rahe
Te to padshah no putraj saar Cheto.....
217. There came a young child who grew attached to Pir and became Pir's
companion. This young man was none other than the King's son
218) Eji Aek din satgur ji nisriaa
Ane sahel karvane satgur bahar
Te ramta ramta aaviya
Jyan hato te dariyano kinar Cheto.....
218. One day the Guru (Pir Shams) was walking across the town and to the
banks of an ocean.
219) Eji Tyan satgur ne mane aem opnoon
Dithoon dariyanoon niraj saar
Tare kagal kadiyo dustar mahain thi
Teni matmi kidhi che teni vaar Cheto....
219. As there were no boats, he made a paper boat and sailed in it.
220) Eji Te matmi lai pani main meli
Te mahain satgur ji te pote thya aswar
Sehel kidhi te shaher tani
Te mahain betha te ketlik vaar Cheto....
220. He sailed in the paper boat for a long time and the boat took him right
across the city.
221) Eji Tare Bavdin betho mariae
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 25 of 76
Tene gokh thi joyoon teni vaar
Maha samudar mahain dithi mat mi
Ane ditho te kagar no aakar Cheto....
221. Bahauddin was sitting in his balcony and saw Pir sailing in a paper boat.
222) Eji Tare Bavdin ne vimasan opni
Aa matmi ma koon chhe saar
Aa kagar beriae koon sahel kare
Aevo purush na suje mahain sansaar Cheto....
222. Bahauddin got worried for he could not bear to have another "strong"
in his kingdom.
223) Eji Tare beri te lagi binj wa
Satgure nirkhiyo teni vaar
Tare beri te rahi gaie binjta
Satgure te man mahain kidho vichar Cheto....
223. This caused the boat to get wet and Pir looked back at Bahauddin and
the boat stopped getting wet.
224) Eji Koon adharmi aane same
Ane joie mari matmi saar
Ta to mustak oncho kari joyoon
Tato ditho Bavdin gokha ni bahar Cheto..
224. Pir said to himself: Who is this unbeliever whose evil eye has wet my
225) Eji Teno dhar mahain ne mathoon bahar hatoon
Tene pire te didho sraap tenivar
Shingara no sraapaj aapiyo
Te to thaya tenivaar Cheto....
225. Bahauddin's head was propped out from the balcony and Pir wished that
his head would grow antlers and indeed that is what happened.
226) Eji Tenoon mathoon te mahain Nahi gare
Te to rahyoon che gokh thi bahar
Tare te Bavdin dhorjiya
Aa to koie dise che kirtar Cheto...
226. Thus Bahauddin could not pull his head back due to the antlers and he
became very anxious and nervous.
227) Eji Sahel karine jyare otariya
Tare matmi meli saher thi bahar
Tyanthi satguru chaliya
Te to aaviya te nagar minjar Cheto...
227. When Pir had completed his sailing and come back to the dry land, he
to the town centre.
228) Eji Tare Bavdin ne vimasan opani
Jenoon mathoon raheyoon gokhathi bahar
Tene te pucha kidhi shaher main
Koie purush aaviyo aapana sheher monjar Cheto.....
228. Bahauddin, whose head was still stuck out, asked everybody who was
this man who had just come to the town centre.
229) Eji Tare khoji khojine kadiyo
Aavi puchiyoon metne bahar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 26 of 76
Iyan koie musafir otariyo
Tenoon dash koie diae yaar Cheto....
229. Everybody started asking: Where is that stranger and what is his address?
230) Eji Tare ae met mahain thi aaviyo chokaro
Teno pirsoon ati pyar
Tene aavine aem kahyoon
Aek purush betho maet monjar Cheto.....
230. The young man who was attached to Pir told Bahauddin's men who Pir was.
231) Eji Tare te manas mahain aaviyo
Tene aavine kidha pirna didar
Tare salam karine ohbo raheyo
Jyare ditho te saheb sar jan haar Cheto....
231. Bahauddin's man came down to the shore and greeted Pir.
232) Eji Kari salam teto pocho variyo
Gayo Bavdin tene dwar
Te jetli dithi tetli jaie kahi
Purush aek aaviyo te betho maet monjar Cheto....
232. He returned to Bahauddin and reported that indeed this man had travelled
in a paper boat.
233) Eji Tare Bavdin purtane teraviyo
Sambaro kahoon vaatno vichar
Aevo haval amaro thayo
Dhar mahain ne mathoon che bahar Cheto....
233. Bahauddin (who was still stuck in the window) told his sons what his
234) Eji Purush aek aaviyo sheher ma
Teno otaro che te maet monjar
Ardas karo te jaie aag ale
Amari taksirno nahi koie paar Cheto....
234. And he also requested his sons to go down to this man who had travelled
in the paper boat to make him normal again.
235) Eji Shekh Sadar te puchiyoon
Pita Bavdin ne vari vichar
Tam mathe shingara kem thaya
Teno bhed kaho nirdhar Cheto....
235. His sons, Sheik and Sadur asked their father what had caused him to have
236) Eji Tare Bavdin mukh mahain thi boliya
Sambaro kahoon choon ay vaat no vichaar
Ae purush matmiay besi kari
Karta dariyani sahelaj saar Cheto....
236. Bahauddin replied: I was watching this man sail in a paper boat.
237) Eji Te matmi Banavi kagar tani
Te mahain pani na pese lagaar
Te samoon ame joyoon
Taere bhini thaie hashe saar Cheto....
237. The boat, despite being of paper, did not get wet. However, my staring
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 27 of 76
at him could have caused it to get wet.
238) Eji Tare purush na man mahain ae opni
Tene thi aere thayo israr
Mathoon te meri mahain nahin gare
Te to rahiyoon che gokhthi bohar Cheto....
238. This might have angered the man and he might have cursed me to be in
239) Eji Hawe te jaao purush kane
Jaie sambaro sarve vaatnoon vichar
Aeni dua ae fajal thayshe
Ane mathoon aavshe gokha monjar Cheto....
239. So go to that man and request him to take away his curse and pray for me.
240) Eji Shekh Sadar tare chaliya
Te hato Bavdin no parivar
Tene aek manas bero lidho
Teto aaviya maet monjar Cheto.....
240. Thus Sheik and Sadur went down to the town with a man to where the
paper boat was.
241) Eji Tare satguruji same betha hata
Teno shekh Sadar te ditho didar
Tare salam kidhi satguru jine
Nami hath bandhine kidhi pokar Cheto...
241. They saw the Pir seated at the bank of the river. They folded their
and humbled themselves in front of Pir.
242) Eji Tara Sri satgure aem puchiya
Shoon kam che tenoon kahone vichar
Aa kyan thi tame aaviya
Koon tat tamaro saar Cheto....
242. Pir asked them what they wanted and who their father was.
243) Eji Tare shekh sadar aem boliya
Ame rahiae ae nagar monjar
Taat amaro che Bavdin
Ame be bhai tena parivar Cheto....
243. Sheik and Sadur replied: We stay in this town and our father is
and we are two brothers.
244) Eji Tare satgrurji boliya
Pir Shams var dataar
Aa shoon tame be bhai onoon nam che
Ane koon tamaroon che parivar Cheto....
244. Pir Shams asked them their names.
245) Eji Tare shekh sadar aem boliya
Tame sambaro sardar
Shekh sadar amne kahe che
Bijo rukan amthi nanero saar Cheto.....
245. Sheik and Sadur replied: We are called Sheik Sadu, O Lord, and my
brother is Rukan.
246) Eji Have tam kirpaae ame chootiay
Bavdin noon mustak rahiyoon che gokhathi bahar
Teni upare tame kirpa karo
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 28 of 76
Tamo cho gunah na bakshan haar
246. Forgive our father, whose head is stuck in the window; please forgive
247) Eji Tare satgure sahi kari puchiya
Amne te vaatnoon kahone vichaar
Aa keni rite tara taatnoon
Mustak rahiyo che gokhthi bahar
247. Pir asked them again to describe how their father's head was stuck in
window and what had caused it.
248) Eji Tare araj karine shekh sadar boliya
Saheb tame sahel gaya dariyane paar
Tare Bavdin betha hato gokh main
Teni najar pari gai tenivaar
248. Sheik and Sadur replied: Whilst you were sailing in your paper boat my
father was watching you from the window and this caused your boat to have
249) Eji Tare gare te mahain garaae nahin
Ane mathoon rahiyoon gokhathi bahar
Teni araj ame laviya
Tame meher karone dataar
249. Our father's head grew antlers and we have come to request you to get
250) Eji Tare satguru Shams boliya
Amne hati, te Rish aapar
Matmi mari mahain pani aaniyoon
Tare bein shingara kidha tatkar
250. Pir Shams replied: I was angry at your father for he caused my boat to
get wet and to punish him, I have him the antlers.
251) Eji Have shekh sadar tame aaviya,
Tare have mustak aavshe gokha minjar,
Shingara che te samaie jashe,
Pan matshe nahin te bavabavno aakar Cheto......
251. Now that you have come, Sheik and Sadur, the antlers will disappear and
he will be able to withdraw his head from the window, but signs of the
from his forehead will remain for generations and generations.
252) Eji Tamari aalnoon je hashe,
Tene matha mahain hashe shingarano aakar,
Aetli aendhani che am tani,
Hashe te bavdin tano parivar Cheto......
252. All the people in your lineage will have the marks on their foreheads
as a distinguishing feature that they belong to Bahauddin's family.
253) Eji Salam karine shekh sadar chaliya,
Teto aaviya potane dwar,
Tare Bavdin meri mahain thi otarya,
Tene puchiyo te sarve vichar Cheto......
253. Sheik and Sadur saluted the Pir and returned home to find Bahauddin
able to withdraw his head from thewindow and Bahauddin asked Sheik and
254) Eji Tare Bavdin ne chinta op ni,
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 29 of 76
Tene senso te aaviyo aapar,
Aeno ne amaroon kem chalshe,
Sheher te ooncha minjar Cheto......
254. Bahauddin grew apprehensive and felt that Pir would jeopardize his
in the city.
255) Eji Shekh sadar ne tene kahiyoon,
Man main te kari vichar,
Aene aapane kem chalshe,
Aa mulak te oonch minjar Cheto......
254. Bahauddin grew apprehensive and felt that Pir would jeopardize his
in the city.
256) Eji Aa vat ko bari aapoon khir no,
Teto jaie aapo siyedne saar,
Teto vatko die pacha aavjo,
Kaien vaat ma karjo lagaar Cheto......
256. So take this glass full of milk to the Pir and let him drink it.
257) Eji Dudhno vatko te barabar bariyo,
Te mahain khali te nahire lagaar,
Sheka sadare opariyo,
Te aani aaliyo satguru jine saar Cheto......
257. Bahauddin filled the glass with milk, put poison in it, and Sheik and
took it to the Pir.
258) Eji Teto aani obho araj kari,
Satguru samoon te teniaj vaar,
Amare pitaae tamne muki jo,
Tame lijo te saheb dataar Cheto......
258. Sheik and Sadur came to the Pir and requested him to accept the milk
was sent by their father.
259) Eji Tare satgure samoon joie kari,
Obho rakhiyo tene aj thar,
Arsh main hath oncho kari,
Phool man gaviya teniaj vaar Cheto......
259. Pir looked at the milk and raised his hand to the sky and plucked a
from the air.
260) Eji Te laie nakhiyoon dudhma,
Mukh thi kahiyo aehre vichar,
Jaie dejo tara baap ne,
Kejo senso ma karjo lagaar Cheto......
260. He put the flower in the milk and told Sheik and Sadur to take it back
261) Eji Biji vaare hath oncho kariyo,
Te mahain khak aani te saar,
Tena tran bhag satgure kariya,
So sone name kari didho teni vaar Cheto......
261. Pir raised his hand again and this time he had sand in his hand. He
gave it to
Sadur and told him to divide it into three portions.
262) Eji Shekh sadar tyanthi chaliya,
Satgur ne hajor thi bahar,
Dudh khak tyanthi lai chaliya,
Teto jaie aapi pita Bavdin ne saas Cheto......
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 30 of 76
262. Sheik and Sadur took these (milk and sand) to their father.
263) Eji Te Bavdine laie bhony dhariya,
Dudh phool khak tenire vaar,
Tare te shekh sadare puchiyoon,
Amne mitaji kaho ne vichar Cheto......
263. They presented all the three elements: milk, flower and sand to their
and asked for an explanation.
264) Eji Kevi rite tame dudh meliyoon,
Syed ne re dwar,
Te mathe lai ne phool dhariya,
Mukhsoon kahiyoon ke senso ma karjo lagaar Cheto......
264. "What was your intention for sending him the milk and why did he put a
in the milk you sent him?"
265) Eji Tare te Bavdin boliya,
Ae mahain tame samjiya nahi lagaar,
Ame aene aem kahi mukiyoon,
Onch mahain oliya che bohot aapar Cheto......
265. Bahauddin replied: Though you did not understand, my son, it was my way
of telling that there are too many high people in this city (i.e. no room
266) Eji Tare aene aem kahi mukyoon,
Dudh mathe phoolnoon kahen baar,
Aevi rite ame ahin raheshoon,
Teno senso ma dharjo lagaar Cheto......
266. Pir's reply by placing a flower was that, "I'll stay without
anybody, just as this flower floats in milk."
267) Eji Shekh sadar vari puchiyoon,
Aa khak no te sho vichar,
teni vaat te bahar mahi kari,
Bavdin na man mahain te opne kahar Cheto......
267. Sheik and Sadur asked for explanation of the sand that was sent.
did not reply, but he became very restless.
268) Eji So sone thanke besh rahya,
Bavdin ne senso nahi mate lagaar,
Teto antre ade khaie aane ghani
Teto aapana mazahab noon israr
268. Every person finds his level and Bahauddin is no exception. He was a
jealous individual and began working against our religion.
269) Eji Teto tran yarne mane nahi
Teto Ali nabi noon parivar
Te dinthi cheta pariya
Je din Ali nabijini var
269. Bahauddin did not believe in Ali or Nabi.
270) Eji Te mahain andha na jane aetloon
Je panjtan sarikha kem thashe tran yaar
Jene kudrat mahain thi kitab otariya
Bijoon aaviya duldul ne zulfiqar
270. It's like a blind man who cannot see that Panjtan Pak is the cause of
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 31 of 76
three entities: the Holy Quran, Dul Dul (the horse) and Zulfiqar (the sword).
271) Eji Chadar arsh mahain thi otari
Tene dankiya panche panjtan saar
Huraoon arshti stariyoon
Teto bibi Fatima na ghar minjar
271. A shroud had descended from the heavens to shield the Panjtan Pak. The
angels came down from the heavens and they came to Bibi Fatima's residence.
272) Eji Jaher karamtoon dekharta
Teto dithiyoon ketlik vaar
Musharik toae mane nahi
Mode Kahe din antre na aane itbar
272. Many miracles were seen time and again. The unbeliever cannot believe
They just give lip service, but do not understand the gist of Sat Panth.
273) Eji Pir Shams betha maet main
Tyan aek balak tene dhariyo piyar
Aavi kaja tene aem thaie
Te pohot saheb ne darbar
273. The child who had travelled with and loved Pir Shams, (unfortunately)
274) Eji Teto potra padshah tano
Teto raheta oonch nagari minjar
Tare padshah ne senso opno
Tene kidho te man mahain vichar
274. This child was the king's son and lived in Uch. The king was very upset
and began to think of ways to bring the child back to life.
275) Eji Aage ame aem sambariyoon
Je manas muvon jivare paygambar no parivar
Tene te muvon manas gharma meli kari
Teraviya kaji mufti teni vaar
275. The king said that: "I've heard Prophet's progeny can give life to the
and so get me somebody from the Prophet's progeny to help my child."
276) Eji Te kaji mufti ne teri kari
Ane kahiyoon aere vichar
Ame tamne roj khavravata
Tame aim pase parta te ilm saar
276. Many "religious men" came to the king's palace and the king said: I have
given you alms and food, now you help me in my hour of need.
277) Eji Te mahain tame aem kaheta
Je muvon manas jivare payagambar no parivar
Te mate have tene aem karo
Muvon manas paryoon che amare dwar
277. You have taught me that Nabi's progeny can give life so help me for I
a dead man at my door.
278) Eji Tene tame jai jivto karo
Nahito hoon pirish tamne ne tamara parivar
Tare kaji mufti araj kare
Paro nankho te nagar minjar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 32 of 76
278. Give life to this boy or else I will harm your children too. The
started begging the king to spare them and to announce in the town for Nabi's
descendant to come over.
279) Eji Tare paro feraviyo shaher main
Te koie aave payagambar no parivar
Tare sheher sagharo bero thayo
Kenethi nav othiyo ay baar
279. Thus it was announced in the town and many claimants of their lineage
to the Prophet came forward, but none could give life to the child.
280) Eji Tare mahoin mahain betha vatoon kare
Tene mane te bahore janjal
Aapan ne padshah pirshe
Saho noon kadse te nakhodaj saar
280. These people got worried and knew that the king would be angry with them
if they could not fulfil his wish.
281) Eji Tare sarve sheherne senso pariyo
Te mahain aekne opno vichar
Aek marad betho che maet main
Tene teri lavo padshah ne dwar
281. The whole town was in a predicament when one person remembered the
man who had travelled in the paper boat and decided to bring him to the king.
282) Eji Tare kacheri othi kari
Te to aaviya maet minjar
Satgur Shams tyan betha hata
Tansoon kariyo te sarve vichar
282. Several townsfolk came down to the river bank where Pir Shams was seated.
283) Eji Satgur aagal saho vinti kare
Padshah pirshe amne ne amara parivar
Te mate saheb tame kirpa karo
ane otharo te padshahno baar
283. They requested Pir Shams to help them by giving life to the prince for
children were now too in danger.
284) Eji Satgur Shams tare puchiyoon
Aa shaher mahain nahi koie payagambar noon parivar
Jenethi ay balak othe
Je che padshah no parivar
284. Pir Shams asked them: Hasn't any other descendant of the Prophet been
able to accomplish that deed?
285) Eji Amere gulam nabi Mohd tana
Shiyo che amaro baar
Je auliya is nagar tana
Tene puchine karo takrar
285. I am but a Prophet's salve and it's too big a burden for me to carry,
so I request
you to ask the other descendants of the Prophet.
286) Eji Jetla hata tetla boliya
Saheb ame puchiyoon te sheher aapar
Have maat taat tame thayo
To ogariye ame ne amara parivar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 33 of 76
286. All the people said: We have tried, but not succeeded and you are our
287) Eji Tare maher karine murshid othiya
Te to aaviya padshahne dwar
Banh gahine balak othariyo
Te othariyo teniaj vaar
287. Thus Pir rose and went to the palace, took the child by his hand and
woke him up.
288) Eji Tene othariyo potano hukame kari
Nav lidho nam saheb kirtar
Te balak othiyo tare orkhiyo
Tene laie chaliya teniaj vaar
88. He woke him up by his own command and he did not invoke God whilst
The child recognized Pir and bowed down to him.
289) Eji Tare munafikona man doliya
Aa to aape thayo kirtar
Aene mathe tajir aaviyo
Tore toran mari ne kare che vichar
289. The people watching became suspicious of the Pir and felt that Pir was
playing God. They thus held a conference to discuss this.
290) Eji Tare Pir Shams pase koie jay nahi
Pan pothe te kare gibar aapar
Tyan be imani jiv doliya
Te mahain koie nahi pohota paar
290. They decided not to associate with the Pir, started speaking ill of
Pir, and those whose Iman was not strong, they went astray.
291) Eji Tare satgur ji balak ne teri kari
Ane gaya te nagarthi bahar
Tene te khadhoon pidhoon kain nahi
mathe doharo te chare aapar
291. Pir, with the child, left the city. They were hungry and thirsty and
the heat of the sun did not help the matter.
292) Eji Tare stgurji chayre podiya
Futi dithi sarani paar
Tare mathe thi khal otariya
Potane hathe soon kirtar
292. When they came to shad Pir thought of a way to get food for the young
lad. He skinned himself without any trouble.
293) Eji Te to laie didhi balak ne
Ane pacha aaviya te nagar minjar
Te to balak laine teone didhi
Te didhi khal teniaj vaar
293. He gave his skin to the child, who came back to the town.
294) Eji Aare khal tame liyo
Tene satgure kahiyoon teniaj vaar
Aa bandane ame othariyo
Teni am sir shara aavi chhe saar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 34 of 76
294. The child requested the townsfolk to make amends with Pir for the
child had recognized Pir's teachings.
295) Eji Tare sahona man te thar na rahaya
Tene to nahi orkhiyo dataar
Tare satgur Shams ne khudiya vapri
Teto gaya kasaie ne dwar
295. The people could not grasp and began doubting Pir even more and would
give him any food.
296) Eji Sheher sare aem theraviyoon
Aene koie khawa ma dejo lagaar
Aene potano hokam chaliyo
Te mathe aaviyo che sharano baar
296. They also forbade anybody to give him any food for they felt that Pir
to be more than God
297) Eji Sharano baar tare otare
Jare kayathi chamri otare saar
Tyan sudhi tene koie ma aapjo
Aevo paro ferviyo shehe minjar
297. We will forgive you only if you repent and one of the ways would be to
skin you alive. Until this happens, nobody in town will give you any food.
298) Eji Te satgur Shams ne malom thai
Tare gaya te kasaine dwar
Tare paisa chori didha hath main
Amne aapo te tam(khorak) taiyar
298. Pir Shams knew what was to happen and he went to a butcher. He gave
him some money to buy some meat.
299) Eji Tare kasai ay man mahain vichariyoon
Aane kem dai ae sodo saar
Paro fariyo che sheherma
Aene koie khawa ma dejo lagaar
299. The butcher was not sure whether he could give Pir any food for he had
heard the announcement.
300) Eji Tare kasaie te man mahain zankho thiyo
Te to obho kare che vichar
Kaho to kachoon ma(n)s aapiye
bijo nahi tam (khorak) taiyaar
300. The butcher thought: I'll just give him raw meat and that will not
anger the townsfolk.
301) Eji Tare Pir Shamse ha kari
Kasaiae ma(n)s aapiyoon teni vaar
Te to laine aaghera chaliya
Tyan kane mangiya devta saar
301. Pir Shams accepted the raw meat and went to the other people to ask
for some firewood to cook his meat.
302) Eji Tato khudhiya lagi ghani
Baki daharo rahayo ghari char
Tare lai suraj ne saad kariyo
Te to hajar thayo teniay vaar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 35 of 76
302. Nobody cooperated and the evening was drawing nearer; so in the end,
four hours before the sunset, Pir requested the sun to come to his help.
303) Eji Tare suraj aavine hazar thayo
Kaho ne saheb shoon che vichar
Hukaam tamara mahain hajar choon
Tame farmavo te karoon taiyar
303. The sun obeyed Pir's command and asked Pir how could it be of assistance.
304) Eji Tare Pir Shamse farmaviyoon
Mas pakavi karo taiyar
To amo beie jana aarogiye
Amne khudhiya kagi aapar
304. Pir asked the sun to cook the meat for I and my partner are very hungry.
305) Eji Tare ma(ns)s laine neja opar dhariyo
Satgure pakav vano kariyo aakar
To suraj aavi opar thayo
Tato khalakne thayo che aajar
305. Pir held the meat towards the sun and the sun cooked the meat.
306) Eji Tare aam khalak to barva lagi
Ane nagar mahain pari pokar
Din kiyamat no aavi obo rahayo
Tethi kem pamiay paar
306. With the heat of the sun, the area around became very hot and the
people became frightened that the Day of Judgement had come.
307) Eji Tare raja praja sarve barva laga
Pasho pankhi tarfare aapar
Touba touba saho koie kare
Kenoon jor na chale lagar
307. The king and his people became uncomfortable with the heat and begged
for forgiveness, but nobody could get rid of the heat.
308) Eji Tare koie tyan aavi nahi shake
Thaie paryo sahone janjal
Tare saho saho vimasan mahain pariya
Aano koon che karan haar
308. Nobody could come or go and everybody suffered. Nobody could find who
had caused the sun (to get angry with them) and cause this discomfort.
309) Eji Tare mas pakavi suraj oncho gayo
Tyan satgure balak ne puchyo vichar
Kahore beta kyan jaie ay
Tame bukhaya hosho aapar
309. When the meat had been cooked, the sun went back to its place and Pir
asked the child where he wanted to go for he might be hungry.
310) Eji Tare balake satgur ne kahiyoon
Je saheb tamaro che akhatyaar
Amne to khudhiya koie nathi
Amne to aaviyo aek vichar
310. The child replied: I'll follow you, my Lord, for I have accepted you
and I want to know your teachings and I have one question.
311) Eji Saheb tame suraj mangaviyo
Tene thi ma(n)s pakaviyo saar
Tyan aam khalakat shaherni
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 36 of 76
Teto balva lagi baho aapar
311. You called the sun down to cook the meat and the heat made the area
312) Eji Aeto tame kirtar thaya
Teno khalkatne nathi vichar
Ae achrat mahain ame chaieae
Tame saheb karamat na dataar
312. Your power is great but these people do not recognize you.
313) Eji Tato khalak aavi mili
Teno to koie nahi shomar
Tyan kaho mufti aaviya
Aaviya oliya ambiya aapar
313. The townsfolk all gathered together, amongst which were the Qazi
(judge) and religious leaders and people who claim to be from the Prophet's
314) Eji Tyan saho koie aavi paye pare
Te sarve nar ne naar
Touba touba saho koie kare
Bijo koie nahin vichar
314. They all bowed down to Pir's leg, men and women alike, and begged
for the injustice they had done to him.
315) Eji Tyan raja ne rana na haram aaviya
Teto touba touba kariya aapar
Teto satgur ne aavi paye pariya
Ane puche te balak ne vichar
315. The king and his train came down there too, and they likewise begged
for forgiveness and asked their son to act as an intermediary to the Pir.
316) Eji Te balakno mat tatt kahiye
Pan balak no pirsoon ati piyar
Tene balak ne baho vidhe puchiyoon
Je pire suraj mangaviyo teno kaho vichar
316. The prince, who was physically related to the king, had a stronger
spiritual bond to the Pir. And the king asked the prince what the meaning
of all this apparent miracle was.
317) Eji Tare balak beshi vatoon kahe
Tame sambaro vaat maat taat saho saar
Amne aakho din vahi gayo
Toae kyaie thi khawanoon nahi malyoon lagaar
317. The prince replied that both Pir and I have been hungry for the whole
318) Eji Tare satguru ane ame be hata
Te pacha aaviya sheher minjar
Te aavi ame sheher mahain puchioon
Ta to khavani koie na kare hakar
318. The townsfolk would not give us any food and we went from door to door
begging for it.
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 37 of 76
319) Eji Tare te pire kasaine kahiya
Amne tam te aapo taiyar
Tene paisa chori didha hath ma
To pan kasaiae kidhi nakar
319. Finally Pir asked a butcher to give him some meat, but the butcher
accept the money nor give the meat.
320) Eji Tare kasai ae te tyan vicharyoon
Kacho mas aaliyo savasher baar
Te to ame laie farya ghano
Te to pakavvano nahin kiya thar
320. Later on, he took mercy and gave us some raw meat and there was no way
of cooking it.
321) Eji Tare din saro ame bukhaya rahaya
Baki daharo rahayo ghari char
Tare satguru ae surajne saad karyo
Te to hajar thayo teniaj vaar
321. Thus we went without food for another day and there were only four
hours to sunset. So the Satguru called upon the sun to come to his help and
cook the meat.
322) Eji Te neja opar suraj aaviyo
Tato ma(n)s paki thayo taiyar
Te ma(n)s pakiviyo suraj tape
Ae satguru che karamat na dataar
322. The sun instantly obeyed Pir's command and cooked our meat for verily
he (Pir) is a great being.
323) Eji Aevi karamat satguru ae kari
To ae duniya na mane lagaar
Mowo manas satgure othariyoon
Kagarni beri mahain beshi otarya sheher thi paar
323. He has performed such a miracle, yet you townsfolk do not recognize
his potential. He gave like to the dead and sailed in a paper boat.
324) Eji Pushat otari potani
Satgure suraj mangaviyo saar
Aevi karamat satgure kari
Toae andhi duniya na aane itbaar
324. He skinned himself and had the sun down, yet you did not grasp his
325) Eji Jaher karamat kahoon to duniya chero
Ae baton noon n ahi aave paar
Karamatoon aeniyoon sarve dithi
Aethi kori bijo nahi kirtar
325. All this physical (material) miracles are not all, for there is a lot
more spiritual aspect to it. You all saw his miracle and you know that he
is a great being.
326) Eji Maat taat sarve ae guru ne paye paro
Sarve orkhi liyo nar ne naar
Pay pari pari ae gurune manavo
Ae satguru che sahono taranhar
326. Thus, O my mother, father, and the townsfolk, I request you to fall
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 38 of 76
down to this Guru's feet and understand and follow his teachings.
327) Eji Tare rajana haram othiya
Te to satguru ne charne pariya teniaj var
Othi saheb tame kirpa kari
Ane chalo amare dwar
327. Upon hearing the prince's explanation, the king and his train all fell
down to the Guru's feet, and requested Pir to come back to the palace.
328) Eji Tare satguru Shams aem boliya
Tame koon te lok sansaar
Amare tamare to nahi bane
Amne besvoon te maet monjar
328. Pir replied that "I don't think I would like to go back for I have to
be on my way
and I'll sail in my boat."
329) Eji Tare raja balak ne kahiyoon
Je hato potano parivar
Tame satguru ne samjavi kari
Laie chalo te aapane dwar
329. The king sought the prince's help to persuade the Pir to come to his
330) Eji Tyan raja praja saho ooba
Saho koie dhurje tenivar
Shekh syed tyan ooba ghana
Ane oobo te Bavdin no parivar
330. Amongst the people waiting for Pir's answer were the king and his
kingdom, people who claimed to be sent from the Prophet, and Bahauddin's sons.
331) Eji Tare Bavdin obo meriye
Te to man mahain kare vichar
Aevo purush kyan ditho nahin
Ame te joyo sarve sansar
331. Bahauddin was standing in his balcony and thinking that: "In all my
life, I have never come across an entity like this man".
332) Eji Tare Bavdin meriyethi otaryo
Te aaviyo jyan obo hato te sarve sansar
Tyan oba ditha satguru Shams ne
Jaie pa(n)ae pariyo tenu var
332. He came down from his building to the place where all the people had
gathered and fell down to Pir Shams' feet.
333) Eji Tare sahoae mili satgurne kahyoon
Je saheb amari bul she aapar
Have sarve gunah bakshjo
Saheb tamthi otariye paar
333. Then everybody asked Pir to forgive them their sins and not to be
angry with them.
334) Eji Tare satguru Shams aem boliya
Ame aaviya ae nagar minjar
Te musafar thaie betha maet mahain
Keni cher na karta lagaar
334. Pir replied: I came to your town as a stranger in a boat and I did not
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 39 of 76
wish anybody any ill.
335) Eji Tare muvo maans tamara shaher mahain
Teno hato tam shir baar
Amare aagal aavie kargariya
Je ame tam thi otariye paar
335. You were the ones who begged me to give life to the dead boy.
336) Eji Tare ame tene jaie othariyo
Je hato rajano parivar
Tare tamara man doliya
Tare am sir tajir aaniyo tenieaj var
336. And when I woke the prince, you folks doubted me and barred me from
337) Eji Tare ame amari pushat otari rilni
Teto dithi sarve sansaar
Toae paro feraviyo sheher mahain
Je aene khawanoon ma dejo lagaar
337. You wanted to skin me and your announcement implied that I should go
338) Eji Tare din saro bokhiya rahiya
Baki daharo rahyo ghari char
Tare sheher sajo ame fariya
To pan kene maher na aavi lagaar
338. The whole day had passed and I suffered hunger, yet you did not have
339) Eji Tare kasaie hato aek sheher mahain
Tene kacho ma(n)s didho savasher bhar
Teto laie fariya sheher mahain
To kene devta na didho lagaar
339. Finally a butcher gave me one and a quarter pounds of raw meat for
which I had to look for fire to cook it.
340) Eji Tare laie suraj ne sad karyo
Te aaviyo teniaj vaar
Tethi ma(n)s pakaviyo
Have jashoon te maet minjar
340. (Since I could not get fire) I called the sun to come and help me and
it cooked my meat. Now I have to sail away.
341) Eji Tare te raja boliya
Je hato oonch na sardar
Have satgur ji amne dharm diyo
To choriye sarve janjal
341. The king then replied: O Satguru, show us the right path so that we
may achieve salvation.
342) Eji Tame satgur ne ame sevak saday
Tame kirpa karo satgurji dataar
Tame maat taat thaie ne bakshjo
Amara gunah tana nahi koie paar
342. You are the Guru and we are your slaves; show us mercy; be like our
mother and father, forgive us our sins for we are sinful.
343) Eji Ame gunehgaar baho banda
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 40 of 76
Teni saheb tame karo sambar
Bale aaviya amara deshe mahain
Ame tamthe otariye paar
343. We are very sinful so be our Guide. We are glad that you came to our
city for I feel you will be our cause of salvation.
344) Eji Have satguruji amne dharm diyo
Ane chalo te amare dwar
Kirpa karine padharjo
Tame risha ma karjo lagaar
344. O Guru, give us the right religion and come with us to our palace,
please don't be angry with us anymore.
345) Eji Tare satgur Shams aem boliya
Tame amaro dharm lesho saar
Te katahn dharm che am tano
Teni parej noon nahin koie paar
345. Pir Shams replied: The religion that I teach is very difficult, and
you will have to go through a great discipline.
346) Eji Tare raja sarve kabooliya
Je kain farmaviyo satguruji dataar
Amere bana satguru ji tam tana
Tenoon kain ma darsho vichar
346. The king and the townsfolk agreed to follow the discipline and agreed
to obey everything Satgur would tell them.
347) Eji Tare satguruji ae kirpa kari
Ane padhariya te rajane dwar
Tyan jaie satguruji aaramsoon
Bojan jamiya saar
347. The Satguru finally consented to go the palace and he dined with the
348) Eji Tyan satgurji podiya
Te raja tane dwar
Tyan chandar suraj aaviya hajor mahain
Te aavi araj kare che aapar
348. When Satgur went to bed at the king's palace, the sun and the moon
came down to the Pir and requested the Pir:
349) Eji Satguruji amne farmavjo
Ame chaiay khijmat daar
Ame tamara banda kahiay
Tame cho bakshaan haar
349. O Pir, we are at your command and we are your slaves. You will be the
350) Eji Te noor noon tej arsha gayoon
Te dithoon raja rani saar
Tare tene man mahain janioon
Ae saheb che sirjan haar
350. Those souls who have recognized the true path go to Heaven, amongst
which were the king and the queen for they finally knew who Satgur was.
351) Eji Madharatno samay hato
Tare satgure aevo te kidho israr
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 41 of 76
Chand suraj oba hajormahain
Vedni vani chalavi teniaj vaar
351. At midnight, Pir performed a spectacular miracle in which the sun and
the moon shone together.
352) Eji Tyan chand suraj oba sambaro
Satgur ni vaani te mithi saar
Teto sambari ne raji thaya
Teto suraj ogiyano samo thayo saar
352. It seemed that both the sun and moon seemed to be listening to Pir's
teaching and gladly acknowledging Pir.
353) Eji Jyare suraj ogiyano samo thayo
Tare suraje satgur ne kahiyo vichar
Hukum karo satgur ji to ame jaiae
Have te rehani te nathi lagaar
353. The sun asked Pir to command him for he said darkness has disappeared
that I am here.
354) Eji Tare satgur na hukame chand suraj chaliya
Teto pota sahu sahu ne thanke saar
Tare satgure vedni vaani chalaviya
Te mahain mohaya te sarve sansaar
354. So Pir commanded the sun and moon to go back to their places and to
follow the teachings of the scriptures for it is easy to get lost in the
355) Eji Tare raja rani ae dharm lidho
Satgure paval kidhi teniaj var
Tene satgure satpanth dekhariyo
Je panth sarve panth ma(n)thi otamaj saar
355. The king and queen accepted the Satpanth through the Satguru.
356) Eji Tyan raja praja saho koie namiya
Saho rakhe satgurusoon piyar
Tyan parbodh pire chalaviyo
Murid kidha te oonch minjar
356. The whole kingdom, and the king bowed down to the Pir and
began to love Pir. The Pir in turn preached to them and
accepted them as his followers.
357) Eji Tyan satpanth gupt dekhariyo
Ane bataviyo te dharm aachar
Raja rani aaviya dharm mahain
Ane aek teno putraj saar
357. He showed them the secrets of Satpanth. The king, queen and their
prince thus became enlightened.
358) Eji Jene satgure jivariya
Movo jivaryo te satgur var dataar
Ae tran jugane dharm aaliyo
Bijo boliyo te sarve sansaar
358. The prince was none other than the one Pir had give life to and thus
all three were included in his teachings.
359) Eji Tene satgure vani kahi
Murid kidha mulk oonch monjar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 42 of 76
Satgurna farmane jo chalsho
to aagal pamsho moksh didar
359. Satgur told them that if you want to be my true followers, you should
follow my teachings for if you do, your salvation will be ensured.
360) Eji Satguruna vayke te sudha chaljo
Dejo satgur mukhe dasond no aohar
Chaliso te pir mukhe aapjo
Ane karjo te sukrit aapar
360. If you remain true to Satgur's teaching, pay Dasond from your earnings
and the one- fortieth of your earning should go to the Pir.
361) Eji Khara dasondi sukrit vanta
Te to aavshe amare dwar
Aakhar ni vela jare aavshe
Tare te otarshe pahele paar
361. Those who give Dasond regularly and sincerely, will have no
difficulties at the last moment and they will achieve salvation.
362) Eji Tene hajar jomo dekhariyo
Shah kawim no avtar
Aene te allah karine manjo
Tema shak ma aanjo lagaar
362. Thus Pir introduced the townsfolk to Hazar Imam, Shah Qasim Shah, and
taught them to accept Him as
Allah and not to doubt that..
363) Eji Aene je jiv ochoon kari manshe
Te nahi satpanth te pakha(n)ri saar
Jena pratham na poon sacha nahin
Te jiv nahi orkhashe hajar jomoon patra avtar
363. He warned them that those who will not accept Him as Allah will not
understand the gist of Satpanth. All hisdeeds will be of no avail for he
will not have recognized God Manifest.
364) Eji Alakh nirinjan ae narji kahiae
Teni kala nooon nahi koie paas
Aad uniyad thi ae narji kahiae
Teni khel ramat che jugajug saar
364. The Creator of this universe is Him (Shah Qasim Shah) and how can I
describe His attributes. He is the
Beginning and He is the End and He has come in different eras and
365) Eji Ae dharmaj aalshe
Tene aavaga man nahi re sansar
Aa kaljug sandhe je thar raheshe
Te jiv pamshe moksh mugat didar
365. So follow that religion so that you don't have to go through any
further evolution and utilize this era (Kaljoog) as the era where you
could achieve salvation.
366) Eji Kaljug sandh kathan jare aavshe
Tare vaya pase te kor kapat ninda ne vevaar
Vahre odang tare vaagshe
Tethi momino na farshe kipar
366. The Kaljoog is a difficult time for in this era, dishonesty,
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 43 of 76
backbiting and ill-feelings will prevail. The environment will be very
unconducive for the Momins for all this sinful atmosphere will be around
367) Eji Tare dharmi te adharm thashe
Tene meher nahi avshe lagaar
Tene kari duniya sarve dolshe
Tene momino mathe raheshe baar
367. Many a religious person will go astray and it will seem that they have
lost His blessings and the whole existence will seem to be shaking.
368) Eji Jare dharmi te adharmi thashe
Tare sahone dile te vapshe kaher
Tenethi sansar vansshe
Te mahain thi koie na pame paar
368. When the above happens, people will have doubts in their hearts and
these doubts will be their downfall.
369) Eji Te sansar vans she satguru vina
Tene dharm maraj nahi suje lagaar
Te avtar patranoon ghar boliya
Tenoon tran vedsoon che vevaar
369. It will seem that the world will exist without a spiritual guide and
no-one will know how to follow the right path. People will have forgotten
the Imam of the Time and the scriptures.
370) Eji Teto tran ved tran jugmahain hata
Have aavi chotha kaljugni var
Tenoon satgure kahyoon momino ne
Te kahyo te sarve vichar
370. Three scriptures in three eras have prevailed and in this fourth and
present era, Momins, think where is your scripture now.
371) Eji Temainae jan je aajan thaaeshe
Te sir raheshe sahonoon baar
Te momino ne papae pirothmi pira aesha
Je janta karshe vikam aachar
371. Those people who will ignore (religion) will carry a heavy burden on
their head and will never have peace of mind just as Vickram didn't have
372) Eji Je dharm karta zagharo marshe
Ane chalse te aapana man ne vichar
Te ghar daya nahi opje
Te jashe narak dwar
372. Those people who instead of following the religion will argue against
it and will do what they will, will never have kindness in their hearts
and will go astray.
373) Eji Satguru mukhe deta thir nahi
Pakhanre rakhshe te puro vevaar
Tene gurnar potano nahi kare
Beth pariyo teno avtar
373. Those who are not Farman-Bardari and would succumb to their five vices
will not achieve the right Guru and they have lost their human existence.
374) Eji Supatre dan deta ochoon aanshe
Ane bije pakhanre rakhshe vevar
Tene sri satguru ji potano nahi kare
Teto jashe narak dwar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 44 of 76
374. Those who will not give alms to the right quarters and will associate
themselves in the wrong company, will not be amongst the chosen by the
375) Eji Te supatre dan deta ochoon aanshe
Ane chare charbote te raheshe hoshiyar
Pan satpanth vinya dharm che jetla
Teto sarve mithya saar
375. Those who will not give alms to the right quarters and will be shrewd
and "clever", these are the people who have not achieved the right
teachings and they have wasted their lives
376) Eji Jene satgure dharm dai ne saheb dekhariyo
Pargat hajar jomoon patra avtar
Bija sansar thi guptaj rahiyo
Aek satguru mukhe rakhiyo vichar
376. To those whom Pir has introduced the present Imam and those who have
accepted the religion secretly and are constantly thinking of Pir's
teaching (are the ones who will achieve salvation)..
377) Eji Tene satgure momino ne sambara viyoon
Jaher dekhariyo nar naklankino avtar
Ae nar dekhi je jiv bulshe
Tenoon tham nahi urar na paar
377. To these Momins Satguru (Pir) has shown the Manifest Imam so they have
no excuse to forget Him for if they do, verily, they will not progress at
378) Eji Aevi vani satgure kahi
Teno moman bhai tame rakhjo vichar
Aa sansar ni maya che mithri
Tenethi man thar nahi raheshe lagaar
378. Momins, these are the things that I tell you and I request you to
think over them for the lures of the material world are many and it's
difficult not to be distracted by them.
379) Eji Te mahain je jiv chetshe
Ane melshe mooh mayanoon janjal
Je khara dasondi sukrit canta
Te hajar jomoon sahi kari manshe nirdhar
379. Those who will beware and detach themselves from the worldly
going-ons, will observe Dasond and their religious duties, and recognize
the Imam of the Time,
380) Eji Te jiv am gher aavshe
Tene kaljug nahi loopshe lagaar
Aa dhan potra maya sarve karmi
Tene janta na lage vaar
380. These people will get to be chosen to go to Pir's abode; the
environment around them will not matter for they will have understood that
all the worldly attachments are not lasting.
381) Eji Aevi vani satgure kahi
Murid kidha mulk oonch minjar
Satpanth gure gupt chalaviyo
Teno momino ne kahiyo sarve vichar
381. This is what Pir told the people of Uch and showed them the secrets of
Satpanth and Momins, you should think over it too.
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 45 of 76
382) Eji Te satgur na Pir Nasirudin opna
Teto satgur shamsno parivar
Tene satgure baho jiv bodhiya
Te to vase che oonch minjar
382. Pir Nasiruddin was Pir Shams' son and he had preached religion to many
a soul and he lived in Uch.
383) Eji Pir Nasirudin te noor nabi Mohd tana
Teno Pir Sahebdin parivar
Aal Ali nabi jini te kahiae
Aad uniyade thi chaliyo ae parivar
383. Pir Nasiruddin was from the Prophet's lineage and Pir Sahebdin's was
from his (....? check) and he followed the teachings of his ancestors.
384) Eji Pir Sahibdin na noor mahain thi sirjiya
Satgur Pir Sadardin karor barna taranhaar
Teto Sri Islamshah pasethi bakshaviya
Teti pamiya moksh mugat didar
384. It was from Pir Sahebdin's lineage that Pir Sadardin, who was the
cause of salvation for 12 Karor souls and who had got this title from Shri
Islam Shah, when he got Noorani Didar.
385) Eji Pir Sadardin ae narni seva kari
Ane janiyo aeh naklanki no avatar
Jugajug ae narni seva mahain rahiya
Orkhiyo avtare avtar
385. Pir Nasiruddin served that Lord and recognized Him as God Manifest. He
had served Him in each era and had recognized Him as God Manifest in all
386) Eji Satgure pote piyar kidho premsoon
Ane sreva te kidhi alijini saar
Tare nar Sri Islam shah navajiya
Ne trotha te var datae
386. The Pir loved the Imam and served Him devotedly. Thus Shri Islam Shah
387) Eji Choryashi aasne pire tap sadhiya
Ane shamiji upare dhari ati pyar
Aasne aasne tap sadhiyo
Ane giriya kidhi te baho aapar
387. The Pir meditated in eighty-four different positions and loved the
Lord implicitly. In each position, his meditation was like a vigil and he
begged and beseeched the Lord incessantly..
388) Eji Chotris jug te choryashi chokariyoon
Satgure tap sadhiya saar
Tyan anek anek tap aadriya
Teno kain na thae vistar
388. For thirty-six eras and eighty-four "times", Pir meditated and in each
meditation, there were countless disciplines which I cannot enumerate to you.
389) Eji Aath lakh karan aage tapse kari
Char kalap char jugaj saar
Teto Ali roope nar naklanki orkhiyo
Teto satgur saheb nabi Mohd no avtar
389. Eight Lakh saints (people) meditated before the Pir in four eras and
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 46 of 76
the four eras before that. They all recognized God Manifest in Ali and
they were prophets of their times.
.390) Eji Khel ramat aeni aad uniaad thi
Jyan thaki sirjiyo sarve sansar
Aad nirinjan te nar Ali kahiae
Te nabi Mohde orkhiyo potano bharthar
390. Thus God has come in many forms since the time of creation so
recognize Him in Ali as was done by Prophet Muhammed..
391) Eji Name thame ae nar Ali kahiae
Panth panth mahain aeni sreva thayeshe saas
Jetla varan che aa sansar mahain
Te sarve nam ali noon jape che nirdhar
391. Recognize Ali by Name and by His Being; serve Him in everything you do
for the whole existence is already meditating on His Name.
392) Eji Te varana varan mahain theraviyoon
Ali potanoon nam kirtar
Aa jamin aasman tethi thar rahaya
Tena namthi sarve sansar
392. Ali's proof is in everything around you. It is due to Him that the
earth and the sky are sustained, nay, the whole universe is sustained.
393) Eji Te roop Sri Islamshah noon kahiae
Ane nabi Mohd te satgur Pir Sadardin saar
Jugajug ae narni seva mahain rahiya
Te satgur sat brahmano avtar
393. That Ali is now Shri Islam Shah and that Prophet is now Pir Sadardin,
who has served God Manifest in every form (Avtar).
394) Eji Tere var ame pamiya
Te Sri Islamshah dataar
Ame te amaro var orkhiyo
Momino tamne kahoon chhoon pukar
394. That God Manifest I have achieved and recognized Him. Momins, I am
sharing my knowledge with you.
395) Eji Tyan niyam dharm sahone aaliyo
Jetla aavi mariya nar ne naar
Tene te satguru ae bataviyoon
Bhai karjo te haq kamie saar
395. That Lord in Shri Islam Shah that I have recognized and it is on His
Farman that I preach to you. He has showered His blessings on 36 Karor
people and they have achieved salvation.
396) Eji Tare farman laine satgur ji chaliya
Tene vani kidhi is jug minjar
Teto farmani banda Sri Islamshah tana
Tene chatris karor bodhiya duniya minjar
396. Upon His Farman Pir came to you in this present era - for Shri Islam
Shah's Farman is command - and 36
Karor souls were shown the right path by Pir.
397) Eji Tyan niyam dharm sahone aaliyo
Jetla aavi mariya nar ne naar
Tene te satguru ae bataviyoon
Bhai karjo te haq kamie saar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 47 of 76
397. He gave them a way of life and a religion. Both to men and women he
revealed the God Manifest and told them to be honest in their dealings.
398) Eji Juth ninda keni ma karsho
Jenethi pariye dohele par
Sati jiv tame sate chaljo
To tame otarsho pele par
398. He instructed them not to cheat and not to backbite for that hinders
your progress. Be like saints and truthful, then you will achieve salvation..
399) Eji Je satgur no tame dharm lidho
Te satgur ni vaninoon karjo vichar
Te satgur ne ame aek chaiye
Aapana sahona mowla che sirjanhaar
399. The Satgur from whom you have learnt about this religion, pay heed to
what he has to say and I am none
other than that Satgur and verily our Lord is the maintainer of all beings.
400) Eji Je narni sreva ame tam ne batavi
Je chhe amaro tamaor sirjanhaar
Te nar naklanki Sri Islamshah
Tenoon thank che aerak khand minjar
400. The Lord whose service that I have shown you is the maintainer of all
beings and He is Shri Islam Shah, who now resides in Iraq.
401) Eji Aere aasan narji tana
Ane satgur ji betha te jampu dip minjar
Tene farmane chaljo momino
Haq kamai karjo saar
401. Momins, sit in His prayers and I have dedicated my life in India in
His prayer; follow His Farmans and earn an honest living.
402) Eji Have saho saho ne thanke parvaro
Jai ne karjo oghan aachar
Te mahain thi kadjo munivaro
Narini panti te pure vahevar
402. When you go back to your homes or hometowns, be always true in your
dealings; always set aside Dasond from your earnings and make sure you do
403) Eji Tame dharm dejo hetsoon
Te mahain khandat ma karjo lagaar
Khati karine te mahain thi aaljo
Aapana alijina mukhe dasondno aahar
403. Kindle the love and serve with love; destroy the doubts that arise in
your mind; always observe the Dasond and pay it to Ali's progeny.
404) Eji Dasond aapana nar Sri Islamshah ne aapjo
Je che aaj kaljug sandhe nar naklnaki no avtar
Tyan chaliso satgur sahebjine aapjo
Ane karjo te sukrit aapar
404. Give Dasond to Shri Islam Shah, who is the present Manifest God, a
fortieth to the Pir and always be true in your dealings.
405) Eji Maljo nitonit gat mahain
Ane gat mukhi sathe karjo vichar
To pap tamaro sarve jayshe
Dinna dandhanoon matse sarve janjal
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 48 of 76
405. Meet in Jamatkhana regularly and discuss the religion with the elders
of the Jamat for that will help you get rid of your sins and with that
religious "business" you will able to get rid of the worldly worries.
406) Eji Gat mukhi sathe dua karaviae
Kori damri pujani daiae saar
Bijo dharm to dasond che
Te dhandha mahain thi aaliae pati pure vevar
406. Fold your hands before the Mukhi and do the Du'a ceremony; you may
give a token coin as a sign of devotion and always observe Dasond and
conduct a (spiritual) business with Ali.
407) Eji Nitonit gurni gat mahain jaiae
Kariae te aevo dharm aachar
Hal vaeke aaliye munivaro
Aapana ali ji mukhe pure vevaar
407. Never miss going to Jamatkhana and make that your habit. Disclose your
troubles to Ali and conduct business with Ali.
408) Eji Aevo par bodh pire chalaviyo
Ane nimiya te chatris karor saar
Tere nar Sri Islamshah ne betiya
Te chatris mahain thi pakya karor baar
408. Ali has created such an environment for you that he had indeed
nominated (blessed) 36 Karor souls and
He has manifested Himself as Shri Islam Shah. Of the 36 Karor blessed, 12
Karor will achieve salvation.
409) Eji Te bar karor dharmi pura thaya
Tene to orkhiya potano bharthar
Dasond sukrite pura hata
Teto pamiya moksh mugat didar
409. These 12 Karor are the ones who knew their religion and the Imam of
the Time; they were regular in their religious duties and thus they
achieved Noorani Didar.
410) Sji Tyan chovis karor chit dolaviyoon
Nahi rakhiyo Sri Alijisoon vevaar
Bar karorthi te jooda pariya
Teto chaliya chovis karor ghor andhar
410. The rest 24 Karor have been shaking their heads and have not
maintained their link with Ali; thus they were separated form the blessed
12 Karor and have gone astray.
411) Eji Dasond karane jiv dolaviya
Mayasoon rakhiyo ati pyar
Tene thi kiyamahain bang pariyo
Hajar jomon nav orkhiya nirdhar
411. They shook their heads because of Dasond and their worldly
attachments; they were not regular in their duties and they did not accept
the present Imam.
412) Eji Dasond khandat nav kijiye
Je aad uniyad thi chaliyo dharm aachar
Tema dasond Aliji mukhe aaliye
Te mahain shak na aaniye lagaar
412. So Momins, don't delay giving Dasond for it is through this that you
show your devotion to Ali; pay your Dasond to Ali and never doubt Him.
413) Eji Dasond khandat nav kijiye
Je thaki aapana jiv ne parere janjal
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 49 of 76
Chovis karore jiv dolaviyo
Tene kain nav rakhiyo vichar
413. Do not procrastinate in giving Dasond for that will involve your soul
more in worldly affairs and you will be like the 24 Karor who got involved
with material things in life.
414) Eji Teto alijina vayke nav chaliya
Tare dan poon tirthnoon fal nav thayoon lagar
Te mate tamne kahoon choon momino
Je Ali jini vani no karjo vichar
414. These 24 Karor did not walk the path that leads to Ali. They did not
get any Sawab for their generosity or
good deeds or religious observances and it is for that reason, I tell you,
O Momins, that think on what Ali says to you.
415) Eji Je jiv ay jugmahain nahi chetiya
Tene potana jivne pariyo janjal
Jare alijina sharanethi chukiya
Tare chovis karor chaliya ghor andhar
415. The people who do not beware in this era will not evolve spiritually
and will be like those 24 Karor who were not blessed and did not find a
place near Ali's feet.
416) Eji Tene aapana satgur ne lajaviya
Ane pote gaya te ghor andhar
Teto tetris karor mahain thi joya pariya
Tene nahi orkhaya hajar jomoon patra avtar
416. These twenty-four Karor spoke ill of Ali and went astray and were thus
separated from the 36 Karor for they did not recognize the present Imam.
417) Eji Partham Pir chaltra karya
Tare tena man thar nahi rhaya lagaar
Hukam hoaa nar Sri Islamshah tana
Chatris mahain thi am ghar aavshe karor
417. The Pir preached to all the 36 Karor but they did not follow his
teachings and upon Shri Islam Shah's Farman (blessing), the 12 Karor were
accepted by Him.
418) Eji Te mariyo asal teyona angma
Jetlo hokam kidho kirtar
Je mariya ma pacho vare nahi
Temain kenoon na chale lagaar
418. They (12 Karor) incorporated the Farmans as part and parcel of their
body; all the commands made by the Lord are always fulfilled and cannot be
changed at our will.
419) Eji Tenethi te jiv sarve doliya
Tene nav orkhiyo potano bhartar
Teni nav bagi saher vacche
Teno koie na aave par
419. Those people who doubt His Farmans and who do not recognize their Lord
are like the ones who have
capsized from a boat in the middle of the ocean and to them the bank is
not in sight.
420) Eji Sansar samodar maha onro janjo
Tema lobh lalacha noon pani baryo aapar
Te jalmahain je jiv burshe
Teni nav nahi thashe orar na paar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 50 of 76
420. The material life is like a deep ocean which is full of false promises
and misguided desires. Those who will sink in that ocean, their
421) Eji Teni nav dubavi nakhode
Jene gur thai ne lidho che aahar
Te khevanhaaro khoto thayo
Tena bunra boreya aapaar
421. It is ourselves that cause our boats to sink for not taking Guru as
your Guide and getting involved in the wrong involvement.
422) Eji Tyan nichoon joyoon nakhude
Bonra boreyanoon man thin nahi rahayore lagaar
Tene nav bangi te nisat lokni
Tene te kain nav rakhiyo vichar
422. Those who have aimed low and given way to their base instinct, find
their mind wandering and their boat capsizing.
423) Eji Te Satgur ni shikhe nav chaliya
Tene te rakhiyo khoto khevanhaar
Te mahain malam murkh besariyo
Te mahain bariyo te anhad bhar
423. Those who do not follow Satgur's teaching and have a wrong captain to
guide their boat are like people in a ship of fools with a very heavy cargo.
424) Eji Teni khoti nav asatni
Te mahain asati lok besanhaar
Jotha gur tena daan liae
Teto sarve nahi pame paar
424. Amongst this "misguided" boat, also included is the boat composed of
Asti (pseudo- pious) people. They give alms to deceitful gurus and they
never reach the bank.
425) Eji Sad te asatni navnoon
Mahain kubudui no va vayo aapar
Tenethi te nav dubi gai
Satgur kahe te gaya ghor andhar
425. The way this above boat sails is as if it is caught in a storm of
misdeeds, that causes the boat to capsize and people to go astray.
426) Eji Te satgurna varek thi otariya
Tare te nav dubai gemar
Hajar jomanoon fal tene gumaviyoon
Te chaliya chovis karor ghor andhar
426. These people miss the gist of Imam's Farmans and are like the 24 karor
who went astray.
427) Eji Tene dasond deta jiv dolaviya
Ane mayana moho mahain bula gemar
Juthia gurne te jai miliya
Jene potani pnth na suje lagaar
427. Those who have second doubts whilst giving Dasond and get attached to
their worldly possessions, find themselves in the company of untrue gurus
who don't even know how to correct their own wrongs.
428) Eji Te gur avarane kem tarshe
Jeno aa jugmahain but khanano abtar
Tene thi duniya gafal te mohi rahi
Te mahain thi koi na otarshe paar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 51 of 76
428. A non-divine guru like that cannot lead you to salvation for he
believes in evil spirits and his thinking is very material and misguided.
429) Eji Satpanth vina dharm che jetla
Teto sarve mithya saar
Tete swarag bogavine hethe otarshe
Ane nahi jayshe te amrapuri minjar
429. All the other religions will lead you to heaven but it is only
Satpanth that will lead you to the eternal heaven (Amrapuri).
430) Eji Bar karor pura gur mukhe
Teto munivar jai pota pele paar
Te hal vayeke dasondi pura
Tene didho aliji mukhe dasond no aahar
430. The 12 Karor who achieved salvation were true Dasondi and they never
ate before paying Dasond.
431) Eji Tene to satgur mukh mahain vaviyoon
Ane orkhiyo te jahar jomoon patra avtar
Hajar jomano fal tene sufal thayo
Tene bije kiyany nav rakhiyo vevar
431. They obeyed Imam's Farmans and recognized Him as God Manifest. The
present Imam blessed them and they never looked elsewhere for guidance.
432) Eji Teto satpanth ni shikhe chaliya
Satgur Pir Sadardin opare rakhiyo ati piyar
Teto satgur na pratape odhariya
Tene mariya te lakh chorasina avtar
432. They followed Satpanth and loved Pir Sadardin and thus completed 84
evolutions of their soul.
433) Eji Sachi nav che satgur tani
Tema khub che khevanhaar
Tema nakhudo nar Sri Islamshah
Tema salamati Pir Sadardin saar
433. The true boat is of the Satgur and great is its Captain - Shri Islam
Shah - and Pir Sadardin is the shipmate.
434) Eji Sad to satgur na navnoon
Khuyo parmaan rakhiya dharmaj saar
Nagar naroon aena nam niyoon
Mahain gnan gore charaviya baar
434. The way this boat sails is by good deeds and the Lord of the boat is
the right knowledge of the self and the religion.
435) Eji Satgur ji sad purine chaliya
Tare vishal no va vayo saar
Malam boriya te aal Ali nabijini
Je aad oniyade thi chaliyo ae parivar
435. The boat sails smoothly aided by a breeze composed of inspired
thoughts and recognition of Nabi and his progeny.
436) Eji Aad brahma te Pir Sadardin
Jene bar akror tarya pele paar
Te nar Sri Islamshahna namethi odhariya
Tema Pir Sadardin khevan haar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 52 of 76
436. Pir Sadardin is like Brahma and he has helped them cross the river to
the other bank and meet Shri Islam Shah there for Pir Sadardin is the
437) Eji Te nav otari nar Sri Islamshah
Kaljug sandhe nar nakalanknoon avatar
Tene baar karor jiv odhariya
Mukhi Pir Sadardin sathe pahota pahele paar
437. Shri Islam Shah has saved that in this era by manifesting Himself and
has blessed the 12 Karor who Pir Sadardin brought with him in the boat.
438) Eji Pir Sadardin na noor mahain thi opna
Pir Hasan Kabirdin na aavtar
Tene seva kidhi sacha shami tani
Nari thaine orkhiyo potano bharthar
438. Pir Hasan Kabirdin followed Pir Sadardin and he was his son. He has
served our Lord as a wife would serve a husband.
439) Eji Te nari thai ne nar ne orkhiyo
Ane bijo kain nav rakhiyo vichar
Karani kidhi aena namni
Tare pamiya te aeva bharthar
439. He humbled himself like a wife and recognized his Lord. He never had
any other thought in his mind and meditated on His Name to achieve Him.
440) Eji Tare nar Sri islamshah nava jiaa
Te Ali jiae seva te dithi saar
Tare het dhariyo Pir Hassan Kabirdin opre
Ali jiae kidhi te maher apar
440. Shri Islam Shah recognized Pir Hasan Kabirdin's service; He loved him
and showered His blessings on him.
441) Eji Te maher kidhi Ali raje
Satgur ne sevak janine kidhi sambar
Tare satgure aeva tap sadhirya
Jethi parasan thya alivar dataar
441. The Lord was Merciful to His servant who had served Him as well as
showered His blessings on him.
442) Eji Tare seva dithi Ali raje
Gurni kidhi juga jug sambar
Te gur aad uniaad thi alijina vahne sahaya
Tare stgur ne aapiyo man aapar
442. His service was recognized for he (Pir Hasan Kabirdin) had recognized
Ali in each era and followed Ali's Farman; and Ali in turn loved him.
443) Eji Aad uniaade thi gure tap kariya
Tena tapno nahi aave paar
Jugajug vinti kidhi ghani
Ane orkhiyo te patra avtar
443. He meditated endlessly, beseeched the Lord incessantly and recognized
the Manifest Imam.
444) Eji Aad uniyade thi saho bera hata
Brahma vishanu maheshwar saar
Ae tran must aek che
Te mahain vishanu te sirjanhaar
444. To Pir Hasan Kabirdin, Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshvar are all one and
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 53 of 76
Vishnu is supposed to be the Creator.
445) Eji Sevane karane sirjiya
Brahma maheshwar avtar
Tene potana noor mahain thi nipaviya
Ane mutiya te duniya minjar
445. It was for His service that Vishnu created Brahma and Maheshvar from
His Noor and sent them to this earth.
446) Eji Tame jawo brahmaji jug mahain vani karo
Ane orkhavo te amaro avtar
Aem karta vahi gaya
Anant kalap anant jug saar
446. He told Brahma to go down to the earth and make people realize His
existence and this mission has been going on for countless eras.
447) Eji Te satgurur aa jug sunghe avtarya
Te satgur nabi Mohamed avtar
Te avtare sahi satguru janiae
Pir Hassanshah Pir Sadardin na parivar
447. In the present era that Guru has come as Nabi Muhammed (Brahma) and do
recognize him as the True Guru. Pir Hasan Kabirdin and Pir Sadardin are
from his lineage.
448) Eji Aene satgure aage anek jiv ogariya
Te satguru ni sevaae rahaya nirdhar
Tene jive satgur ne te sahi kari maniyo
Ane orkhiyo patra avtar
448. This Gur (Prophet) and Satguru (Pir) have helped many a soul achieve
salvation. They have served the Lord and have recognized God Manifest in
449) Eji Te avtar patra aa jug sanghe aaviya
Te betha che milcha minjar
Alijinoon avtar te kahiae
Te mahain shak ma aansho lagar
449. That God Manifest has come to this world and is now residing in
Milcha, verily He is Ali so do not doubt that.
450) Eji Ali ne te allah kari maniae
Satgure seva kidhi te jugajug saar
Tare nar Sri Islamshah navajiaa
Je betha che kahek nagari minjar
450. Accept Ali as Allah for Pir has served Him in many eras. In the
present he serves Shri Islam Shah and resides in Kehek.
451) Eji Tene maya karine bolaviya
Satgur ne potana janine kidhi sambar
Tare satgur brahma Hassan Shah
Te betha hata mulk oonch minjar
451. The Imam called Satgur with love and looked after him. The Satguru who
is Brahma's Avtar, is Pir Hasan Kabirdin who resided in Uch.
452) Eji Tare satguru Hasanshah Alijine orkhiya
Nar Sri Islamshah sarikho bharthar
Tene satgure tem tem tap adka kariya
Tare Alijiae dhariya ati pyar
452. Pir Hasan recognized Ali and accepted Him as his Lord, served and
meditated to achieve Shri Islam Shah's blessings and love.
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 54 of 76
453) Eji Onch thi satgur Hassanshah chaliya
Shah ni dargah no rakhiyo vichar
Have te nar naklanki ne betiae
Jyanthi tale te jivoon ne janjal
453. Pir left Uch to go and meet Imam physically for he could not contain
himself any longer.
454) Eji Tyan marag mahain satguruji aaviya
Tyan man mahain te opanoon ae vichar
Mara shamine kaje shoon laie chaliae
Kaink tofo joiae sambar
454. On his journey he thought: "What shall I take as a present for my Lord?"
455) Eji Tare Satguru Hassanshah pariya vichar ma
Aa shi rite rize amaro bharthar
Have kaink tofo banaviay
Mara Ali raja ne kaje sambar
455. He kept thinking: "How can I please my Lord? Let me make something
with my own hands for His love is haunting me."
456) Eji Tato aakra ditha marag mahain ghana
Te mahain thi rera toriaa teniaj vaar
Te mahain thi rui nikali
Te to kadine kidhi taiyar
456. When Pir came to a cotton field he processed cotton into threads.
457) Eji Marag chalta teto karti aa
Ane ziano katioon te sutar aapar
Teno te tofo banaviyo
Pire pagharti te kidhi taiyar
457. He weaved the thread into a very fine cloth and made a Pagdi
458) Eji Teto paghari pire potane hathe kari
Teno panchsho gaj vistar
Te gaj gaj opare shafayat lakhi
Satgure araj vinanti kari aapar
458. The whole Pagdi was weaved by Pir himself and was 500 yards long and
on each yard he wrote a Venti (prayer).
459) Eji Te paghari satgure taiyar kari
Te nav choga bandhine pire kidha taiyar
Te choga choga mahain araj vinti lakhi
Te vinti no nahi aave paar
459. After he had prepared the Pagdi he made nine tussles and during making
them he composed nine more prayers
460) Eji Tyan araj vinti pire ghani kidhi
Nari thaine dekhariyo potano aakar
Manma nav rakhiyo motapano
Jene thi vadhe man no ahankar
460. Pir Sadardin's prayers and beseechings were tremendous. He called
himself a female and humbled himself so that he would never experience pride.
461) Eji Nari thai ne Sri Islamshah ne jiti aa
Satgurur brahma Pir Hassan Kabirdin saar
Tene thi Alijiae kirpa kidhi
Ane terviaa potane dwar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 55 of 76
461. He thus won Shri Islam Shah's heart just as Brahma had won (Vishnu's
heart); Ali was beneficent to him and called him to his abode.
462) Eji Te Hassan Shah Alijine darge jai pota
Tyan noor dithon naklanknoon teaniaj var
Tare noore noor samai rahaya
Satgure te orkhiyo potano bharthar
462. Pir Hasan Kabirdin reached Imam's Darbar and saw the God Manifest. He
immersed himself in Imam's Noor and accepted Him as his Lord.
463) Eji Tare Ali jiae sat brahma kahine bolaviae
Ane hady shoon rakhiyo ati piyar
Tare satgur Hassanshah vinti kari
Tame sambaro parvardigaar
463. Ali called him the True Guru and showered His love on him, whereupon
Pir Hasan Kabirdin said a prayer:
464) Eji Hel barine ame aaviya
Ali ji ame nair tamare dwar
Duhagana dukh sarve tali kari
Suhagan karo mujne bharthar
464. O Ali, I have come to you as a woman who has a heavy vessel full of
water on her head. Only you can give all my sins and convert me from a
fallen woman to a bride.
465) Eji Ame nari tame nar sada
Ame sevak tame cho Ali avtar
Aa tofo tamare kaje laviya
Teto kabool karone alivar dataar
465. O My Lord! I am but a woman and you are my Lord, nay, indeed, I am
your slave and you are none other than Ali. This little present that I
have brought for you, do accept it.
466) Eji Hoonre nari sadai tam tani
Mara avgoon no nahiri paar
Tamare sharane ame aaviya
Ali tame cho gunah bakshan haar
466. I have accepted you as my Lord forever, yet I am very sinful, so I
have come to your feet and only you can forgive my sins
467) Eji Tare satgur Hssanshah sir nami kari
Ane kidhi te araj apar
Te paghari lai pire aagal dhari
Je marag mahain kidhi hati taiyar
467. Pir Hasan Kabirdin continued begging and beseeching the Imam with his
head held low and presented the Pagdi which he had prepared during his
468) Eji Tare Alijiae chero te mahainthi kadiyo
Te potane hathe bandhava lagaa dustar
Jyare sir bandh alijiae bandhiya
Tyare raji hoaa te var dataar
468. The Imam (Lord) took one end of the Pagdi and began to tie it over His
head and He was very pleased with Pir Hasan Kabirdin.
469) Eji Tyare narji boliya mukhthi
Tame sambaro sat brahmaji kahoon vichar
Satguruji sir bandh je tame laviya
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 56 of 76
Tenoon koie nahi mool shomar
469. The Lord said: Listen, My dear Pir, the head-dress that you have
brought for Me is indeed very precious and dear to Me.
470) Eji Tare satguru Hassanshah boliya
Tame sambaro nar kirtar
Ame nari tam aagal avgoon kari
Tame kirtar amara bharthar
470. Pir replied: You are my Lord and I am your slave. I am full of sins
and you are the One who can forgive them.
471) Eji Am nari thi nar rize nahi
Jena avgoon no nahi paar
Aliji tare aa tofo banaviyo
Nav chogani vinti kari aapar
471. Please never be angry with me for indeed I am sinful. I have made this
head-dress for You and have beseeched You while making the nine tussels.
472) Eji Tare Alijiae sir bandh bandhi kari
Prasnn hoae Alivar datar
Magoo magoo satgurji aem Aliji kahe
Dhan dhan tamaro avtar
472. The Imam was very happy with Pir Hasan Kabirdin and asked him to ask
for whatever he wished, He continued: Your Avtar is indeed great.
473) Eji Tamaroon amaroon tan aek chhe
Te mahain antro nahi lagaar
Tamne satgur brahma karine sirjiya
Tamari seva noon ant na paar
473. (The Imam further said:) Your body and Mine are one - there is no
difference in that - I am indeed very happy with your service.
474) Eji Kirpa kidi nar kayam jiae
Satgur Hassan Shah soon kidho vichar
Aaj je mangoo te tamne aaliye
Tamne trotha te Alivar daatar
474. Thus the Imam of the Time was Merciful to Pir Hasan Kabirdin and
granted his (Pir's) desires for indeed He was in a beneficent mood.
475) Eji Tare satgur Hassan Shah boliya
Tame sambaro te sirjan haar
Aliji tamare trothe sarve anand thaya
Jo ditho tamaro didar
475. Pir Hasan Kabirdin replied: O my Lord, the Creator, I have achieved
everything in Your pleasure and getting Your Didar.
476) Eji Ame sharam lidhi ya Ali tam tani
Jenoon nam che sirjanhaar
Aa hoonre nari tamara namni
Mane sohagan kidhi mare bharthar
476. O Lord, You accepted me at Your feet and have counted me amongst Your
477) Eji Nar ji aagal narinoon chale nahi
Aem boliya satgur Hassan Shah teniaj vaar
Tamara birad samoon tame joi
Pavan kidhi te abra naar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 57 of 76
477. How can a slave think of asking anything - continued Pir Hasan
Kabirdin - by looking towards me You have indeed given me everything.
478) Eji Maat taat tame bandhva
Amara Shah saday cho bharthar Hoon bandi saday tam tani
Tame purusho cho nirinjan avtar
478. You are my Mother and my Father, and my family. You are my Lord, I am
Your slave and You are the Creator.
479) Eji Baho gunhi ne ogariya
Jati kadi te saher minjar
Amara avgoon samoon nav joyo
Jenoon nahi lambe ant na paar
479. You have lifted me by my arm from a deep ocean, do not look at my sins
for I am sinful.
480) Eji Muj nari thi baho avgoon thaya
Te ya Ali lai aavi choon tamare dwar
Te amara avgoon samoon nav joyoon
Amne lai rakhi potane dwar
480. I am indeed a fallen woman and I have brought my sins to your door but
please ignore my sins and keep me at your door.
481) Eji Ya ali ame oniyachari banda
Maroon jor na chale lagaar
Te gunegaar nari ne ya Ali tame pavan kari
Te Ali tamara goon no lambe paar
481. I am a sinful slave and I cannot force You to listen to me, but You
are Merciful so forgive my sins (and grant me salvation).
482) Eji Ali dware ame aaviya
Jyan choote te sarve jivoone janjal
Jyan hiana khiana aage kainjiv odhariya
Tyan ya Ali amaro jiv che umedvar
482. I have come at Ali's door, where all souls achieve salvation. The
souls which are sinful and the souls that have not made any advancement
have received Your Mercy; So Allah included me amongst those.
483) Eji Tene pratape ya Ali amne bakshjo
Amara aeb che aapar
Kain goon nahin amaro rati jetlo
Jethi rize amaro bharthar
483. O Ali, I have too many vices and indeed I am lower than even the sand
we walk on, but please do not be angry with me and be my Lord.
484) Eji Tare nar naklanki maya kari boliya
Ali sahona sirjan haar
Anant karor jivoone maya kari
Trotha te Hassan Shah ne nar avtar
484. The Lord (Shri Islam Shah) was Merciful and replied that: You will be
the cause of salvation of an infinite number of souls, O My Pir Hasan
485) Eji Anant no var tamne aapiyo
Tame jai duniyama bodh karjo saar
Tam brahma ame bakshiya
Anant karor jivoon ni sathe avsho amare dwar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 58 of 76
485. I have given you responsibility of infinite souls; Go back and preach
to them the right religion and come back to Me with those souls.
486) Eji Je jiv tame ahi lavso
Tene avag man fero nahire sansar
Tam karoan jene jivoone ame bakshiya
Teno tam sir brahmaji baar
486. The souls that you bring with you will not have to go through the
evolution for, because of you, I will forgive them. However, you will have
487) Eji Tare gur Hssans Shaha Ali jine paye pariya
Ane vinti kari teno ant na paar
Aa dahn dhan Ya Ali tamne kahiae
Am nari no shoon che baar
487. Pir Hasan Kabirdin fell to Imam's feet and wept with joy and said: I
am indeed very happy, my Lord, but what can an incomplete human being like
488) Eji Ae jiv amthi na odhare
Ali ji tame kirpa karo aap kirtar
Amere gunehgaar baho banda
Tame to cho saheb bakshanhaar
488. How will I be able to take the infinite souls with me, so be kind to
me, forgive my sins, for You are the Forgiver of sins.
489) Eji Aevo bar Alijian sir dhariyo
Te amthi Aliji shoon thaya sirjanhaar
Tame maher karo mora sahinya
Am sri thi otaro kaljugna jivno bhar
489. The responsibility You have given me is indeed grave. Will I be able
to fulfil it? Be kind to me, O Lord, and share my load of the souls that
are in the Kaljoog..
490) Eji Tare stguru Alijina charane thi
Sir ochoon nav kare lagaar
Anant karor jivoon ni vinti satgur kahe
Tare kayam dev mukhthi boliya teaniaj war
490. The Imam then lifted Pir Hasan Kabirdin's head from His feet. Pir
continued to beseech Him for His help in completing his mission of being
the cause of salvation for an infinite number of souls.
491) Eji Anant mahain te jiv aavshe
Je jiv orkhshe aapana avtar
Aa tamne satgur brahma sahi kari manshe
Ane hajar jomo te sahi kari manshe nirdhar
491. Amongst those who will achieve salvation will be those who will know
the Imam of the Time and will accept your teachings.
492) Eji Aad uniyad na satguruji tame
Tame cho satgur brahmajina avtaar
Ame vishanu var dataar chaiae
Teno kaljug sandhe miliha mahain
492. You are the right Guru and incarnate of Brahma. I am Vishnu, the
Creator and we have both come in this Kaljoog
493) Eji Ae avtar patra je jiv orkhshe
Teni sharan che satgurji tamare hathe saar
Tare hath daine mustak oncho karyo
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 59 of 76
Vishanu ji te huwa vaar dataar
493. Those who will recognize the Living Imam and who will follow your
teachings will come with you. Saying thus, the Imam lifted Pir's head from
His feet and was pleased with the Pir.
494) Eji Satguru Alijine kahe
Aa mustak oncho kidho jeni vaar
Ya Ali tran bawan no bhar lai sir dhariyo
Te am kiri noon shiryo che baar
494. Whereupon the Pir said: O Lord, you have lifted my head on which
rested the load of three Joogs. How can an insignificant person like me
(ant) survive without you?
495) Eji Am kiri thi kem opare
Ya Ali tran bawan no bhar
Ame gunehgaar oniyachari
Tenoon Ya Ali tamne kahoon vichaar
495. I have no power to carry this load of three Joogs for I am sinful and
not regular as I should be.
496) Eji Anant noon var Ya Ali amne aaliyo
Aagal kaljug kathan che sansaar
Te mahain koon jiv am pase aavshe
Koon daan deshe pure vevar
496. The responsibility for infinite souls that You have given me is
difficult to fulfil in this Kaljoog for how many will follow my teaching
and how many will be willing to sacrifice?
497) Eji Koon jiv avtaar patrane manshe
Ane koon jiv satgur ni karshe sambar
Koon jiv kiriyana pura raheshe
Koon jiv ninda juthathi raheshe nirdhar
497. How many will recognize You as the Imam and how many will pay heed to
my Ginans? How many will fulfil their obligations and how many will
refrain from backbiting and cheating?
498) Eji Kaljug na jiv sarve thanke pota
Amara baap dada sathe rakhiyo vevaar
Aa jug mahain te koon jiv baki rahaya
Jeno am sir rakhiyo bhar
498. The souls that have achieved salvation in Kaljoog were the ones who
followed the teachings of my ancestors. Who is left now that You have
entrusted me with their responsibility.
499) Eji Am gunegaar thi kain nav opare
Ya Ali aa kaljugna jivoon tano bhar
Je asti jiv ne oniyachari
Jena man thar na raheve lagaar
499. I am sinful and I won't be able to fulfil that responsibility. The
people of the Kaljoog will lack concentration and it will be a difficult
500) Eji Juthore aa kaljug kahiye
Tena jiv te jutha aapar
Te jugmahain amne mukta
Tema kem kari odharshe sansar
500. The Kaljoog is full of deceit and full of untrue people so why send me
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 60 of 76
amongst them for it will be difficult for me to cross that era.
501) Eji Baki oniyachari jiv otariya
Sati jivto sadhaviya sarag dwar
Te jiv ne parbodh kevo lagashe
Jena manma rahem nahi lagaaar
501. The people who are not regular in their duties stay here and the true
have no difficulty in crossing the path.
Those who are unkind will not understand the teaching.
502) Eji Aa kaljug sandhe je jiv rahaya
Teto kuboduri noon karshe aachar
Te jiv dharm boduriay nahi chalshe
Te ninda juth soon rakhshe vevaar
502. Those who are involved in material world and neglect their religious
obligations will not achieve religious advancement for they will be lost
in their backbiting and in their falsehood.
503) Eji Jyan sari oganisha vesoya papna
Ane ardho vesoyo sat dharm no saar
Aa kaljug kathan aevo papno
Te koon chalshe dharm aachar
503. It will be as if 19 1/2 portions would be sin and 1/2 portion true.
Thus will be Kaljoog and only a few will be true believers.
504) Eji Sansar sagharo bame juthma
Teni juthi kiriya ne jutho aahar
Te jutha juthiay mijlase jai beshsho
Teto aap muradi man hathi aapaar
504. Everyone seems to be involved in a life full of deceit; false
appearances and false food (food where no Dasond has been paid) and it
seems as if a Majlis is being conducted where false desire takes precedence.
505) Eji Tyan maline dharm khanrat karshe
Aa kaljug sandhe jivoon no aevo che achar
Aa jivone dharm kevoon lagashe
Je sidhoon bolta(n) kare apkar
505. There will be talk against religion and people's action will be
material What will my soul think of religion then? For even whilst
speaking the truth, one could get proud.
506) Eji Aevo sansar baki rahiyo
Ya Ali teno te am sir rakhiyo baar
Sansar sagharo pakhand tano
Teto bot bakitsoon rakhe piyar
506. O Ali, such is Kaljoog and You have entrusted their responsibility to
me. People have succumbed to their vices and they believe in evil spirits.
507) Eji Sat ni vatma samje nahi
Ane bot bakitsoon rakhe ati piyaar
Tema je opar tame kirpa karo
Ya Ali te jiv aavshe te tamare dwar
507. Then there will be those who will worship the evil spirit and will not
understand the Right Guru, but amongst these, on whom You will be
Merciful, they will find the right path.
508) Eji Tare satguru Hassanshah ne alijiay aem kahayoon
Tame senso ma dharsho lagaar
Ame amara jiv orkhi leshoon sansarma(n)
Teto tam sir baki nahi baar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 61 of 76
508. The Imam then comforted Pir Hasan Kabirdin and said: Don't you worry,
I will recognize those souls who are true and will help you carry out your
509) Eji Aevo kathan pohoro te mahain je jiv chetshe
Ane rat din rakhshe potana manma vichar
Aa sat dharm tene sujshe
Te jiv nahi melsho dharm aachar
509. Those who will worship in such difficult times and will think about
the Satpanth day and night will find it.
510) Eji Te jiv tam sharne avshe
Te satgur ni gat mahain marshe saar
Te jiv haq haram orkhine chalshe
Ane khati karshe te dharm aachar
510. These souls will achieve a place near your feet and they will come to
your gathering and they will recognize the Truth and thus achieve the
meaning of religion.
511) Eji Jene aathoie pohor chinta aapana jiv ni
Rakhashe te aapana manma vichar
Aa sat dharm tene sujshe
Te nahi melshe dharm aachar
511. Those who constantly worry about their souls will find the True Religion.
512) Eji Halal kamai tene sujshe
Te nahi karshe juth nindanoon aahar
Aa kathan vera kaljug tani
Tema man thar nahi raheshe lagaar
512. Their earnings will be true and they will refrain from backbiting and
they will remain above Kaljoog.
513) Eji Kaljug jamano kathan opano
Te mahain kor kapat ninda no chalshe vevaar
Tema sati jiv chetshe
Te jiv aavshe te aapne dwar
513. Kaljoog will indeed be difficult for everything will be so base and
untrue; yet the true believers will beware and will come to Satpanth.
514) Eji Te jiv guruni gat mahain jai milshe
Dukh sukhnoon nav rakhshe dil mahain vichar
Dukh sukh dehi sathe mariaa
Jem jiv pindine an paninoon aahar
514. These believers will go to Jamatkhana; they will ignore their
unhappiness and happiness and will take them in their stride just as they
will take their food and drink (for physical life).
515) Eji Tyan sati jiv ne kasani ghani
Aa kaljug no aevo aachar
Te halal haram orkhine chalshe
Parki aasha na karshe lagaar
515. It will appear that the true believers will have difficult times but
they will still recognize the true from the false and will never place
their hopes on others.
516) Eji Te jiv pakha(n)re shoon preet nav rakhshe
Ane juthi mijlasnoon nav rakhshe vevaar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 62 of 76
Ari pari keni karshe nahi
Aapana dhandha mahain raheshe hushiyar
516. These souls will not associate with the misguided people, will not
meddle in other people's affairs, and will concentrate on and excel in
their own business.
517) Eji Je jiv din no dhandho karshe petno
Nam japshe te damodam sirjanhaar
Haq kamai kari te mahainthi aapshe
Aapana gur nar mukhe dasond no aahar
517. Those souls whose business will be religion and who will think of the
Lord at every breath will be the ones who will give Dasond to the Imam of
518) Eji Te keni ninda bad goie karshe nahi
Aapana gur narsoon raheshe pure vevaar
Te jiv am ghare aavshe
Teni ninda te karshe bijo sansar
518. These people will not think ill of others and their only purpose will
be to associate themselves with the Imam; others, however, will speak ill
519) Eji Tena aekoter puriya mai baapna
Ane saat pediyo sasrani saar
Je laie kari amrapuri mahain chalshe
Je khara dasondi sukarit vanta saar
519. A true believer will help seven generations to achieve salvation.
520) Eji Satnoon dharm aa jug mahain je koi karshe
Te aek kanna sava lakh leshe sambar
Aeva daan deta je jiv kalapshe
Teno aapana mathe kain nahi baar
520. Those who will sacrifice in Satpanth, will find that for each
sacrifice they will be rewarded 1 1/4 million times.
521) Eji Je jiv sati deshe sat dharmsoon
Teno aek til bhar nav jashe lagaar
Aa supatra daan to baho fale
Aek kanna sava lakh leshe sambar
521. Those souls who will give their alms to the Right Guru and will never
forget their Dasond will be rewardedplenty for indeed for each atom of
sacrifice, the reward is 1 1/4 million times.
522) Eji Amra puri ma tena ghar chanaviya
Tema jartar khira manek padarth saar
Sovan inte tena ghar chanaviya
Tema nakhiya che anbar kastorina gaar
522. When these souls reach Heaven (Amrapuri) they will find that their
houses will be made of golden bricks studded with diamonds and the beams
will be made of sweet-smelling wood and the mud will be composed of
Kasturi (precious perfume).
523) Eji Horani pachas te gharma rakhsoon
Teno aek te thashe bharthar
Panchso putra te jiv na thashe
Teto farmani ramshe te ghar minjar
523. Fifty angels will quench these people's thirst and one of them will
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 63 of 76
marry him/her and they'll beget 500 sons, all of whom will be true
524) Eji Panchso malaek tena hajorma raheshe
Teto farmani raheshe ae ghar minjar
Teto ashwa zaline oba raheshe
Ane te sahel karavshe swarg minjar
524. 500 slaves will serve that Momin and will be at his command and indeed
that soul will be soaring high.
525) Eji Tam ne amne je jiv orkhashe
Te jiv aava ghar amrapurina pamshe saar
Aa dasond sukrite pura satgur mukhe
Tene kaljug nahi lopshe lagaar
525. The ones that will recognize you and I are the ones who will get this
eternal bliss, but they will have to stay true in their religious
obligations and not succumb to the Kaljoog.
526) Eji Aeve sat dharme j e jiv chalshe
Tene aavagaman nahi sansar
Tam brahma ne satgur kari manshe
Ane orkhashe hajar jomo patra avtar
526. These souls who are true in their duties will not have further
attachments if they also recognize you and the Imam of the Time.
527) Eji Aeva sukh amrapurina aalshoon
Vari aapshoon aakharat dahare didar
Aeva sukh je jiv ne nahi game
Teno aapana sathe nahi kain vahevar
527. I will give them such eternal bliss and prosperity and I will also
give them Noorani Didar when their time is up. Those who do not want this
happiness have no business with us.
528) Eji Kupatre daan je jiv aalshe
Sambaro satgur ji teno kahoon vichar
Teto aekvis swarag mahain jagya pamshe
Je rakhiaa che mir parbat minjar
528. Those who give alms to the Right Guru will achieve 21 heavens which
are in the Mayer Mountains.
529) Eji Te swarg mahain je jiv jai otarshe
Jene satgur vina didha che dan aapar
Teto swarg bogirne hetha otarshe
Ane leshe te duniya mahain avtar
529. Those who will achieve those heavens will also be those who have given
alms elsewhere; however, once they have had the happiness of this heaven,
then they will come back to this world.
530) Eji Jene jive jeva dharm duniya mahain karya
Te jiv teva te leshe avtaar
Teto jai parshe lakh choryashi ma(n)
Tena dukhno nahi aave paar
530. Everybody will be judged according to their deeds and their evolvement
through 84 Lakh stages will be accordingly. The suffering will never cease
531) Eji Madham avtaar tenea aavshe
Ane charoi khana mahain te leshe aavtar
Aekvis lakh avtaar aek aek khanama
Aa bogvashe te duniya minjar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 64 of 76
531. The evolvement will also involve going through the four Joogs and in
each Joog they will go 21 Lakh times.
532) Eji Tyan toba toba te jiv baho karshe
Tene tyan nahi koi choravan haar
Te fera farshe lakh choryasi tana
Te orkhaya vina jashe te ghor andhar
532. Even the beseeching by these souls in the four Joogs and asking for
forgiveness by the souls will be meaningless if they do so without
recognizing the Imam.
533) Eji Aeva te avtar koon jiv pamshe
Teno satgur Hassanshah ya Ali ne puchiyo vichar
Ya Ali ame gunegaar banda tam tana
Tamari kudratno nahi lambe paar
533. Pir Hasan Kabirdin asked the Imam: Who will be those souls? For indeed
I am sinful and You are Merciful.
534) Eji Tare satgur Hassanshah lagaa dhurjwa
Ane giriya kidhi teno nahi aave shomar
Ya Ali anant karor jiv kem odhare
Aevo kaljug jamano kahtan saar
534. Saying thus, Pir Hasan Kabirdin began to tremble and started praying:
O Lord, how will this infinite souls finish their purpose in Kaljoog for
it is a difficult era to pass through?
535) Eji Lakh chorasima te koon jiv aavshe
Teno satgur Hassanshah te Ya Ali jine puche vichar
Ae srushti sarve Ya ali tam tani
Te sarvena Ya Ali tame cho sirjanhaar
535. Those souls who come through the 84 Lakh evolvements, are they not the
ones, O Ali, who have been created by You for You are the Creator?
536) Eji Ya Ali maat taat janme barak ne
Te mahain vahlo veri nahi saho aeno parivar
Ya aliji adkoon ochoon aema(n) koie nahi
Te maat pita ne vahalo potano pariwar
536. You are our Mother and Father and we are children and indeed we have
no other real families, so don't look at our shortcomings and treat us
like Your children.
537) Eji Surshti to sirjanhaar tame
Tame cho maat taat banhav morar
Aa kutumb kabilo Ya Ali tame
Tam vina nahi koie sansarma saar
537. You are the Creator, You are my Mother, Father, Friend, and You are my
Family, and my Tribe, and there is nothing without You.
538) Eji Maya tamari thi chotiye
Ya Ali tale te jivoon ne janjal
Tame tamara birad saman joioo
Ma jowo amara avgoon samoon sir janhaar
538. With Your blessings, O Alim, we will achieve salvation; please look at
our faces, and not at our sins.
539) Eji Ya ali hindu muslaman sansar ma
Te sahona tame cho sirjanhaar
Aa vahalo veri te mahain tamaro koi nahi
Vari sahona roji puranhaa kirtaar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 65 of 76
539. The Hindus and the Muslims are created by You and You sustain them.
540) Eji Sahona avtaar Ya Ali tam thaki
Tema utam madham nahi koi sirjiyo sansar
Te jivni rakhiya Ya Ali tam thaki
Tam kirpaae Ya Ali saho odhare nar ne naar
540. It is with Your Mercy that all the souls who have been sustained by
You, will achieve salvation.
541) Eji Aliji tame naeji aad antna
Ane tarioon tamarioon te sarve sansar
Tam Ya Alithi sohagaj pamiae
Duhagan nari te sarve sansaar
541. You are my Lord and I am Your slave; if I have You, then I am like a
woman with a husband; without You, I shall remain a widow forever.
542) Eji Otam satguruji tene kahieae
Jena dharm otam ne otam aachar
Juth ninda jene jive parhari
Swarthi na mi khami chale te duniya minjar
542. The highest Guru (Pir) is that who has high religious aspirations. He
is humble and sacrificing and refrains from backbiting and going the
543) Eji Namni khamni te sarva ne piyari
Jenethi rize te sarve sansaar
Teno jash boliya naat par naat ma
Koi kathani nav kare duniya monjar
543. Humility and sacrifice endears everybody. With these virtues one can
wean any tribe and one gets no difficulties in this world.
544) Eji Jeni vani mithi duniya mahain
Ane hoshe vari tene dharm aachar
Tene duniya to bomra vache nahi
Te opar raji hove te aap sirjanhar
544. People who talk sweetly (tactfully) and who are religious in their
dealings will never be misguided by the world and the Creator will be
pleased with them.
545) Eji Je jiv shil santoshi dya khamiya vanta
Nichi drushte chale te duniya monjar
Aene aachare otamaj janiye
Sarve kutumbno khenche baar
545. Those souls who are contented, quiet and tolerant and those who are
not proud, consider them amongst the highest and they can be the cause of
salvation for their whole family.
546) Eji Kirya aachar te jivna pura kahiae
Tene jive aapana dharm marag mahain rakhiyo ati piyar
Tene haidy kamal nahin doshe
Aavo kaljug te vikharo otarshe pahele paar
546. These souls have fulfilled their duties and have loved the religious
path. Their hearts never sway and they will cross Kaljoog effortlessly.
547) Eji Aene aachare mitra thashe aapano
Tene doylo nahin thshe lagar
Amrapurina ghar te pamshe
Je jiv orkhashe hajar nomo patra avtar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 66 of 76
547. It is people like these I (Pir) will befriend and will give them bliss
if they recognize the Imam of the Time.
548) Eji Je jiv bonre kame jiv chalavshe
Nav parshe te kirya aachar
Te jiv pote dobya ne vija ne dobawashe
Ane pamshe madham avtaar
548. Those who will be irregular in their duties and lead a sinful
existence, will not only sink themselves but will drown the people around
549) Eji Ane aachare madhayamaj janiae
Tenoon koor kapat nindasoon vevaar
Tene dharm aachar to suje nahin
Te juth nindasoon jashe narak dwar
549. People like these are cheats and backbiters who can never recognize
religion and live in an eternal hell
550) Eji Te dharm deta(n) zagro marshe
Bath pariyo teno avtaar
Aek potane panye pora nahi
Ane karva jaae bijani waar
550. They will argue against religion and waste their life; not only will
they miss their chance, but will prevent people around them from being
regular in their duties.
551) Eji Aek potano pind pale nahi
Ane biji jivno mathe liae chhe bhar
Teni aakhar vela jare aavshe
Tare te jivne bandhi deshe maar
551. These people are indeed taking the burden off the people around them
by preventing them from performing their religious duties and when their
time will come, then their soul will undergo tortures.
552) Eji Tene marta marta kiyamat jashe
Tyan te jiv baho karshe pokar
Tene aaro te koi nahi aavshe
Mai baap nahi koi kutumb parivar
552. They will go through the Day of Judgement at their deathbed and their
souls will scream in anguish, but none of their family members will be
able to help them.
553) Eji Saga savga sarve sansarna
Tyan kenoon jor nav chalshe lagaar
Ajan thai ne potana karya
Te sahono pota mathe lidho che baar
553. Everyone is for himself for no-one will want to share the anguish.
554) Eji Duniya mahain je potanoon kari rachshe
Agal kathan che sahemne darbar
Satguruji te sacha vina nav chotshe
Aakhar jashe te ghor andhar
554. People who are selfish will have difficulty in later life. They will
need True Guru to guide them, otherwise they will go astray.
555) Eji Aene aachare shtro thashe aapano
taune kahoon cho nirdhar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 67 of 76
Duniya mahain je jiv sat dharm bangshe
Teni koi na karshe saar
555. These people will be our religious enemies, but no-one in turn will
befriend them (This is what I tell you, Pir Hasan Kabirdin).
556) Eji Shtro te je satgurune jane nahi
Ane chalshe te adharme aachar
Gur lopi te maha papi kahiae
Jena hady mahain opje kal
556. Guru's enemies are the ones who are sinful and cruel.
557) Eji Madham chanral kari tene janiae
Tenoon mukh dithe thashe dosh aapar
Tene jive maat taat sarve dobaviya
Jene jive nav orkhiyo hajar jomo patra avtar
557. These people will commit lots of crimes, will drown their family in
sorrow for they will not recognize the Imam of the Time.
558) Eji Je jiv avtar patrane ochoon kari manshe
Ane man mahain te rakhshe aevo vichar
Ae to manas rope thai betha milcha mahain
Te kem hove kirtar
558. Those who will not think enough of the Imam and doubt Him, and
question: How can a human being be a Creator?
559) Eji Tene kirtar kari je manshe nahin
Te ghar daan deta aanshe rosh aapar
Je daan liae tene allah kevo kahiae
Allah to sahoni rozino puranhaar
559. They will also question: Why would God need Dasond and will quibble
that He should be giving it to us (Roji and He would have no want).
560) Eji Aeve aachare madhayamaj thashe
Tena man thar nahi raheshe lagaar
Aa maya mithi kaljug tani
Te potani kari beshe gemar
560. People who think like this will have no peace, the world will sound
sweet to them and pride will take over their existence.
561) Eji Asal dharm jena pura nahi
Te jiv khandshe hajar jomo patra avtar
Aene khande te narji nahi khanda ae
Tene jive khoyo te potano avtaar
561. Those who will not know the True Religion will not recognize the
Living Imam and they will have lost their Avtar.
562) Eji Maha padarth sarikho mankho
Te nahi aave varovar
Lakh choryasi avataar madhamna bogvi otare
Tare aek te aave mankha avtaar
562. Our spiritual evolvement as a human being is indeed the highest; It is
through 84 Lakh evolvements that we have got there and this chance will
not come again.
563) Eji Te mahain aath avtar aa jug mahain mankha tana
Te mahain karnithi aave otam madham avtaar
Have te mahain je jiv avtaar patra ne nav orkhashe
Te jiv jashe narak dwar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 68 of 76
563. There are eight types of human evolvement that one goes through and
good deeds lead you higher. It is during this eight evolvements that you
should recognize the Imam or else you will not achieve salvation.
564) Eji Sansar saghro thashe pakhandi
Dharm velaae karshe juth ninda aapar
Teno dharm to satguru mukhe pahonche nahi
Te to jashe avra mukhe kaar
564. Everybody around you will be deceitful and will backbite at prayer
times. Thus prayers will not uplift these people.
565) Eji Jeno dharm satguru mukhe nahi
Tene tevi barkat thashe saar
Jena poravna poon sacha nahi
Tene nav orkhiya te patra avtaar
565. Those who do not know the Guru will not achieve prosperity; those
whose previous deeds were not good, failed to recognize the Imam.
566) Eji Mankhano avtaar to otamaj kahiae
Jene rupe brahma vishanu mahe shwar no avtaar
Te mankho lai didho aa sansar ne
Teno gafal duniya nav karshe vichaar
566. Human Avtar is indeed precious (?) (check) for God has manifested in
this Avtar, and the unbelieving world doesn't know that.
567) Eji Pasho pankhi che aa sansar ma
Tene potani karni thi aaviyo tevo avtaar
Jene khadha pidhani shodh nahi
Tena mathe kevo baar
567. The birds and the animals on this earth have achieved their own
evolvement through their own deeds - those who do not know how to eat or
drink right, how can they achieve salvation.
568) Eji Satguru Hassanshah tame jai jug mahain vani kuro
Anant karor jivoone aaljo dharm aachar
Tema(n) tamne je jiv orkhine chalshe
Te jivto aavshe anant na hisab monjar
568. Pir Hasan Kabirdin, you go and preach to the infinite number of souls
and amongst these those who recognize Me will be the ones who will achieve
569) Eji Satgruru Hassanshah tare boliya
Tame sambaro Ya Ali sirjan haar
Aa kaljug kathan aevo parvariyo
Tema Ya Ali tam vina bodh anv chale lagaar
569. Pir Hasan Kabirdin replied: Without You, O Imam, I cannot preach, for
Kaljoog is a difficult era.
570) Eji Tare kirpa karine Akiji boliya
Sambaro satguruji tamne kahoon choon vichar
Ame tame bei aek chiaye
Teno senso ma dharsho lagaar
570. Ali in His Mercy replied: Do not worry, My Pir, for you and I are one.
571) Eji Anant karor jiv ni maya tam opar thai
Temathi artalis karor aavshe aapane dwar
Tena mukhi satguruji tame
Ali kahe tamari karninoon nav lambe paaar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 69 of 76
571. Infinite souls have been blessed because of you, of which 48 Karor
will come to My door, led by you; Indeed you are a good man. When the
(final) Great Day arrives, Pir and Prophet will be the leaders and I will
be there in Arabic (human) Avtar and judgement will (..... check).
572) Eji Mahadan no din jave thashe
Tare sarve Pir pyagambar mahain tame thashi sardar
Tare aarbi roop thashe am tano
Tare sach juth no thashe nistar
572. Even the Pirs and the Prophets will be worried and it is with your
help they will achieve salvation.
573) Eji Pir pyagambar khara dhrujshe
Tyan koi keni araj nahi karshe lagaar
Tam satguru saheb vina nahi koi chotshe
Teno kol aaloon te nische janjo nirdhar
573. It is through your prayers that the Pirs and Prophets will achieve
salvation on that Day.
574) Eji Kol laine satgurji padhariya
Tene satgurji bodh kidho te duniya minjar
Te satgur pratham padhariya onchomain
Tyan te bodhiaa sarve sansaar
574. With that promise Pir Hasan Kabirdin started preaching in this world
and he started in Uch.
575) Eji Tyan jai narjina vachan sambariya
Ane potano parbodh nav chalaviyo lagaar
Shah ni dargaye dithoon jetloon
Teni satgur Hassanshah kari pokar
575. He went there and told people about Imam's Farmans and preached about
what he saw at Hazar Imam's Darbar.
576) Eji Amme ae narjiay pote orkhaviaa
Ame nari thaine rahaya ae nar ne dwar
Ane am jevi nari anek chhe
Ay Ali che sahono bharthar
576. Ali has revealed Himself to me and I have accepted Him as my Lord just
like many others who have accepted Him as their Lord.
577) Eji Ae nar naklanki ame betine aaviya
Tyan dithi te kudrat aapar
Te sarve ne kahi sambaraviya
Ae ghar vina te bulshe sarve sansaar
577. I have met that Creator, Whose creation is infinite, and if you forget
Him, then you have forgotten everything.
578) Eji Ae ghar daan dije hetsoon
Tema koin shak na aaniye lagaar
Je narna didar ame pamiya
Te nar che sarva shushtino sarjanhaar
578. So serve that Lord without a doubt for the One I have seen has really
created the whole universe.
579) Eji Am duhagan ne lai sohagan kari
Anant karor no amne paheraviyo shangar
Te karan amne mukiya sansar ma
Alijiae kirpa te kidhi aapar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 70 of 76
579. He has forgiven my sins and crowned me with a responsibility of
infinite souls; this is my purpose which He in His Mercy has shown me.
580) Eji Te Ali jinaa vachan ame tamne kahiye
Je ame sambariya che Ali jine darbar
Te Alijina vachane je jiv chalshe
Tena te talshe janjal
580. I tell you Ali's Farman as I have heard them and following His Farman
will lead to salvation.
581) Eji Partham paheloon aem kahayoon
Sambaro momino teno tamne kahoon vichar
Aad nirinan te nar Ali kahiye
Je muj duhagan nari ne paheraviya shangar
581. The first advice I have is: Accept Ali as the Creator for indeed He is
582) Eji Jaoo Hassanshah sansar ma vani karo
Aaljo te dharm aachar
Je panch saat naav baar karor osariya
Teni tame jai karjo sansaar
582. Go Pir Hasan Kabirdin (says Imam Shah) and tell people about the 5, 7,
9 and 12 Karor infinite souls that have achieved salvation.
583) Eji Baki anant no var amne aaliyo
Tema artalis karor no Ali jiye pote kariyo che vistar
Tema sat dharme je jiv chalshe
Tene Ali raje pote leshe ugaar
583. Tell them about the infinite souls for which you are responsible, and
the 48 Karor who are close to Ali. So those people who will follow the
right path will be saved by Ali.
584) Eji Te mahain sati jiv tame dharme chaljo
Jethi utaro te pahele paar
Dash avatar Alijina pura thaya
Have nathi koi agiyarono avtaar
584. Momins, follow the Satpanth for your salvation for the ten Avtars are
over and there won't be an eleventh..
585) Eji Chello akharo aa kaljugno
Tama jene orkhiyo teto pamiyo paar
Aa amne tamne jene sir jiya
Te ali ne orkhiya vina nahi jashe jivoone janjal
585. The last era is Kaljoog and those who recognize Him will get
salvation. Those who do not will not attain eternal bliss.
586) Eji Amaro tamaro sirjanhaar koon chhe
Sambaro momino teno tam ne kahoon vichar
Aal Ali te Sri Islamshah kahiye
Te Ya ali shaha garib mirjano avtaar
586. Do you know who our Creator is? I will tell you: it is Shri Islam Shah
who is now in human form.
587) Eji Pargat avtar Alijino jug sandhe nahi
Ae narno chaliyo che gupt avtaar
Tene sansar sarve nahi orkhshe
Nahi manshe kari patra avtaar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 71 of 76
587. People don't recognize His form and will not obey His Farmans.
588) Eji Ame to tene sahi kari maniyo
Te chhe aad nirinjan no aavtaar
Aa noor na paglan ame nirkhiya
Sri Islamshah che te Allah no avtaar
588. I, however, believe in Him implicitly as the Creator for I have seen
the Noor in Shri Islam Shah.
589) Eji Amare vachane je jiv chalshe
Te to ae dhar meli nahi jashe bahar
Te nar Sri Islamshah ne allah kari manshe
Aema shak na aanshe lagaar
589. Those who will believe me and accept Shri Islam Shah without a doubt
as the Creator will not go astray.
590) Eji Pacham dish ne aerak khand mahain
Te narji betha tyan ae nare te dhariyo gupt avtaar
Hajar jomo ae ghar mahain jetlo
Tene shai kari manvo Alishah no avtaar
590. My Lord resides (secretly) in the West continent - Iraq - He is the
Living Imam and Ali Himself.
591) Eji Te ghar dharm dasondaj aaljo
Nahito jasho ghor andhar
Bija dharm sarve parjo
Juth ninda keni na karsho lagaar
591. Give your Dasond to Him or else you won't achieve enlightenment;
accept all the other religions and do not degrade them.
592) Eji Haq kami kari khajo pet ma
Aacho dhandho karjo narne naar
Ajampiya jap ahonish japjo
Orkhejo te hajar joman patra avtaar
592. Earn an honest living, practise your Isme-Azam and recognize the God
593) Eji Ae patra avtaar orkhiya vina nav chosho
Teno kol kidho cho Sri Islamshah kirtar
Satgruna vachane je jiv amne orkhashe
Te jiv aavshe anant karorna hisab monjar
593. There is no salvation without recognizing the Imam of the Time, Shri
Islam Shah; and those who will recognize Him will be amongst the infinite
Karor to achieve salvation.
594) Eji Te anant no taranhaar te to Sri Islamshah
Jeno kol aaliyo amne ne orkhaviyo potano avtaar
Te mahain kaljug chelli sandh jare aavshe
Tare ae narni ninda te karshe sansaar
594. He is the One who will grant salvation and manifested Himself; yet in
this Kaljoog there will be many who will talk against Him.
595) Eji Tare bijana vachan othapshe
Aem kaheshe jei manas rupe kem hoshe sirjanhaar
Te to gharoghar jai vaat karshe
Tena man thir nahin raheshe lagaar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 72 of 76
595. They will argue that how can a human being be the Creator and they
will go and tell this to everybody they meet and lost their peace of mind.
596) Eji Tyan kaljug sandhe aeva jiv opajshe
Te dobshe ane bijane dobavshe aapar
Te to mari arth noon anrath theravshe
Te satguru na vachan othapshe teniaj vaar
596. These people will be sinking and will drown others with them for they
will misinterpret what Imam tells them.
597) Eji Jene satgure dharm daine sahev dekhariya
Te guru ni khandani te karshe aapar
Jena purvana poon sacha nahi
Te kem kari orkhshe hajar jomo patra avtaar
597. They will be against the Pir but it is because they have not evolved
enough to recognize the God Manifest.
598) Eji Sansar sarve te thashe pakhandi
Te jai katha gita opar dharshe piyar
Andh duniya tene kere parshe
Jeno varo hato te tran jug monjar
598. The world will be full of cheats and will follow other religions
blindly. These religions were relevant in the last three Joogs.
599) Eji Te jiv kami karodhi lobi lalchi
Te potano swarthe lontshe sarve sansaar
Tene potani puth suje nahi
Batave bijane dharm aachar
599. Those souls who are involved in materialism and who are selfish, how
can they guide others?
600) Eji Tyan andhi duniya aevi thashe
Je nahin orkhashe dharm aachar
Je juthoon boline mitho thashe
Tene manshe sarve sansar
600. People will be so blind that they will sweet-talk others into
believing in them and they will not recognize their True Religion.
601) Eji Aeve pakhande je jiv chalshe
Aapana gurnar ni laaj na aanshe lagaar
Tenoon satguru aagal kevoon chalshe
Je pote thai besshe gemaar
601. Those who will be led astray by these people will stop respecting the
Imam and in turn will not achieve anything from Imam.
602) Eji Ay sarve pakhani is jug tana
Te mahain sach juth na te thashe nistar
Aeve adharme kari jug puro thashe
Tare Imam Mehdi te thashe aswar
602. When the world will be full of misguided souls and of people who will
cease to believe in religion, then Imam Mahdi will declare Himself.
603) Eji Aevi vela mahain je jiv chetene chalshe
Aapana sat panth marag mahain te rakhshe piyar
Kane kani badgoi sambarshe nahi
Juth nindasoon nahin rakhshe vevaar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 73 of 76
603. It is during these times that those Momins who will beware and will
love and adhere to Satpanth, they will also avoid listening to people's
faults and backbiting.
604) Eji Haq kamai karine je khashe pema
Temathi aapana gurnar mukhe rakhshe dasondno vahevar
Te jivne gurnar potano kari rakhshe
Te jiv aavshe te anant na hisab monjar
604. Those who will earn an honest living and will pay Dasond will be
amongst the souls (saved by Pir Hasan Kabirdin).
605) Eji Charachar bat dekhi aa jug tana
Tame boolsho ma sarve sansar
Ali nabi aa jug mahain avtaar patra che
Tethi otariya te jashe narak dwar
605. Momins, do not be lured by the materialism around you. Ali and the
Prophet are (Manifestation of Divine Light) so recognize them thus you may
606) Eji Ae nar Sri Islamshah avtaar Shah Ali tana
Satgur Hassanshah te to nabi Mohd no avtaar
Ae avtaar patra ne je ochoon kari manshe
Teno hal mal gayo ne gayo teno mankha
606. Shri Islam Shah is Ali, and Pir Hasan Kabirdin is Prophet and those
who do not believe this have wasted their human Avtar.
607) Eji Ae gharni umeed rakhjo re munivaro
Jan sudhi jivo ta(n) sreva karjo saar
Satguru Hassanshahe tamne ay ghar bataviay
Te mahain senso ma dharsho lagaar
607. Momins, aim for that religion and serve Him, the One who has been
shown to you by Pir Hasan Kabirdin.
608) Eji Satguru Hassanshah boola to tame bulsho
Jo te nar jitiaa to tamne vadhaiyoon aapar
Bijo guru sansar na te satgruru thi hiana
Tame aa vatno rukhjo vichar
608. Not acknowledging Pir Hasan Kabirdin's teaching is like not
acknowledging life and if you do acknowledge, then your happiness will be
infinite. All the other Gurus will not lead you to the Right Path so think
carefully before you follow them.
609) Eji Amaro nar te kayam Mehdi Sri Islamshah
Jeno aaj kaljug sandhe che nar naklankino avtaar
Te nar ne ame orkhine tamone orkhaviyo
Amare tamre javoon che te nar naklankine dwar
609. My Imam is Shri Islam Shah who is the Creator and having recognized
Him, I have introduced Him to you for ultimately we will all go to Him.
610) Eji Nar naklankine sukh to aapane sukhi
Jo tene dukh to aapane ka nahi vichar
Te mate momino satguru kahe
Ae nar ne sharane te rahevoon nirdhar
610. By trying to inflict worldly sorrow on our Imam, we are in reality
inflicting sorrow on ourselves, so I request you, Momins, to stay at
Imam's feet and obey His Farmans.
611) Eji Nische kari sirevo ali aapano
Aapana nar Sri islamshah no avtaar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 74 of 76
Aene aage anek jiv odhariya
Te aapano ali karshe te aapani sambar
611. Serve Ali with implicit faith - who is Shri Islam Shah - He has saved
infinite souls and will indeed save us.
612) Eji Ae ghar meli bije seva karshe
Tenoon aagal man na raheshe lagaar
Biji juthi seva te satgur vina
Tena jutha guru juthi kiriya hiana aachar
612. If you leave Him and go to serve others, you will lose all that you
have achieved and the misguided Gurus will misguide you..
613) Eji Te guru tamne nahi mariaare momino
Tame dharm kahndat ma karsho lagaar
Tena parkhan parshe aagale
Jyare mahadan mahain puchase nar te naar
613. On the Day of Judgement you will not find that misguided Guru and you
won't be in a position to recognize the Imam of the Time.
614) Eji Je jiv sat dharme pura hashe
Dasond sukrite khadat nahi lagaar
Te jiv sarve jashe swarma(n)
Pachi je kain karshe amaro bharthar
614. Those who will be regular in their religious duties will achieve
Heaven and will be helped by my Lord.
615) Eji Jare dinre mahadan no mandavshe
Tare hove te hal halkar
Te verla thshe ghani doheli
Tyan jena guru jutha hashe te mahadan mahain khashe mar
615. On that final Day, there will be many trials and tribulations and
those who will have followed the wrong Guru will suffer a lot.
616) Eji Tare takhate kayam Ali rajo beshe
Je che ali naklankino aavtaar
Tenoon tej tap tyan vadhashe
Aarbi rupe thashe Ali vardataar
616. Sitting at the Throne will be the present Imam - Ali the Creator - and
those who have recognized Him in an Arab Avtar will find Him.
617) Eji Tare thar thar dharti drujshe
Aasman kanpshe aapaar
Tyan pir pyagambar sarve drujshe
Saho koi aap aapanima padhse sansar
617. The earth will tremble and the heavens will thunder - even the Pirs
and Prophets will be afraid for everyone will be judged according to their
618) Eji Gunegaar ne sir hukamaj thashe
Lekha leshe aapano Ali rajo sambar
Sach juth na parlshe parkhan
Momino tamne kahoon choon varo var
618. The good will be separated from the sinful souls and you will be
questioned about your achievements.
619) Eji Dhan dhan te avtaar patra ne
Jene Ali raje te aaliyo potano didar
Teni seva aethi ma chokore monivaro
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 75 of 76
Ae Alijina chaltra no ant na paar
619. Happy will be the souls who have had Ali's Didar - don't stop serving
Him for He will grant you the ultimate kingdom..
620) Eji Ali jina chaltra samoon nav joi ae
Sri satguru ne vachane seva kari ae saar
Jem jem kalikar vadhase monivaro
Tem ali rajo chaltra karshe aapar
620. Do not look at what Ali does, but obey what He says, for as the times
will change, Ali's actions may be beyond your comprehension.
621) Eji Satgure aem kahi kahine sambaro viaa
Te tame monivaro rakhjo haidy ma(n) vichar
Aem karta(n) je logake jashe
Teno satguru Hassanshah mathe nahi baar
621. Momins, if you do not think about what I have told you, then Pir Hasan
Kabirdin will not take your responsibility and you will not achieve Heaven.
622) Eji Aava vachan suni je jiv sate nahi chalshe
Nahi orkhashe aapana hazar jamono avtaar
Je pote pistalis karori ma bela thashe
Teni satguru Hassanshah kiaan karshe saar
622. Despite listening to my preaching, if you still deny the existence of
Living Imam, then you will be amongst the 45 Karor misguided whom Pir
Hasan Kabirdin will not take with him.
623) Eji Aage pistalise dharm laine kahdat kariaa
Teto chaliaa sarve jiv ghor andhar
Teni jive dasond deta chit dolaviyoon
nav orkhayo te hazar jomono avtaar
623. These 45 Karor are the ones who have turned a deaf ear to our
teachings, deny Ali's existence and have not paid their Dasond.
624) Eji Te aapana gurnar na chaltra dekhi ni boliaa
Aapana gurnar opar nahi aaniyo aet baar
Tene murkhe te manas rupe karine janiyo
Te gurnar ne vachane thar na rahya lagaar
624. Those who have doubted Ali by looking at His actions are foolish
because they have considered Him as their equal.
625) Eji Dhan dhan te gur Hassanshah ne kahiay
Dhan dhan hajar jomo patra avtaar
Dhan dhan te sati jiv ne kahiay
Je jiv orkhine chaliya aapana satpanth minjar
625. I congratulate all those souls who have acknowledged Ali and heeded
Pir Hasan Kabirdin's teaching.
626) Eji Dhan dhan te gur narni aal ne
Ane dhan dhan Imam shah avtaar
Satgur Hassanshah na sut te Imamshah
Jene te bodhiya murid aapar
626. It is great to have the True Guru and his progeny guide us for in
present times, Imam Shah is from Pir Hasan Kabirdin's lineage.
627) Eji Aa satgurna ved vachan te sat kari janjo
Aa vedna vachan mahain asat nahire lagaar
Aem karta je jiv sachoon nahi manshe
Teni potani kart kamai nahire saar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 76 of 76
627. Consider their teachings as the Truth and those who will doubt this
have indeed wasted all their achievements.
628) Eji Dhan dhan ti Pir Sadardin satgur brahma
Ane dhan dhan Pir Hassan Kabirdin aena parivar
Dhan dhan te satgur Imamshah ne kahiay
Jeno satgure ginan kanthi yoon vichar
628. It is auspicious to have had Pir Sadardin and his son, Pir Hasan
Kabirdin and now his son Imam Shah to preach to us in musical form.
629) Eji Gnan kanthiya gur Imamshah
Te moman chetamani gathaj saar
Aava aava vachan kahi monivar ne chetaviya
Moman bhai teno hiady mahain rakhjo vichar
629. This Ginan has been composed by Imam Shah and I called it the warning
which I hope you will think about.
630) Eji Ame tame banda sarve saheb tana
Tea li jina samarthno nahi koi paar
Satgure jenoon dithoon tenoon kahiyoon
Aapane sahone javoon che ae Alijine dwar
630. Momins, you and I are Imam's slaves and His Beneficence is infinite. I
tell you what I feel, for to Him we will return.