Their Relationship with
Family , Friends and
Members of Opposite
With whom do you
spend most of your
free time; with
FRIENDS or with
- Family is the basic unit of
society. It is composed
individuals living together
harmoniously through the
bonds of marriage, blood or
- Our family were the
closest people to us. It is
the good relationship
among the members that
makes up our HOME.
YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE SUCCESS OF YOUR
FAMILY IF YOU WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
1. Be considerate to your parents.
Appreciate the good deeds your parents are
doing for you. Understand why they have to
say “no” sometimes to your demands.
2. Be considerate to your younger brothers
and sisters. You must take care of them
and not to let them feel helpless.
YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE SUCCESS OF YOUR
FAMILY IF YOU WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
3. Be willing to help. You can motivate your
younger brothers and sisters if they see you
4. Learn to give and take. The best way to live
harmoniously with the members of the family
is to learn to give and take.
-Friendship is showing love, admiration
and respect to the person close to you. It is
important to include boys and girls among
-This will give you opportunity to
develop your personality, understand the
opposite gender and prepare you in
selecting the right mate in the future.
To develop good relationship
with the family, friends
and members of the
opposite gender we must
learn to love, cooperate
and be considerate to
COMPLETE THE GIVEN STATEMENT
1. If there is no love in the home, we cannot call it as
home because …
2. My circle of friends must include both boys and
3. If my parents disapprove of my friends I will …
4. If my brother or sister who shares room with me
used the things I treasure I will …
When you hear the word
“date”, what comes onto
Do you consider it as good
COURTSHIP AND MARRIAGE
All forms of behavior by which one seeks to win the
consent of another for marriage
Activities of men and women who are eligible for
marriage, especially aimed at developing an
affectionate heterosexual relationship.
STAGES OF COURTSHIP
It is an activity that provides opportunity for friendly
relationship with the opposite sex.
It is the basis for selection of future companion in
Kinds of Dating
Group Dating (outing, party)
Exclusive for Two (going to movies, parks, restaurant)
STAGES OF COURTSHIP
2. Going Steady
It is a period of exploration between two persons who like
It is a period of testing
It is a period of discovering
3. Private understanding
It is a situation between couple where the man openly
expresses his affection, i.e. love and the desire to be in
her company; the woman likewise accepts the proposal
of the man.
STAGES OF COURTSHIP
It is the stage where the couple thinks of marriage and
lives with each other permanently.
A special contract of permanent union between a man
and a woman entered into in accordance with the law for
the establishment of conjugal and family life.
SOME RECOMMENDED ETIQUETTES
1. Inform your parents about your date. Tell them
what time you must be home.
2. If your date will pick you up at home, introduce
him to your parents.
3. Plan your date well that both should agree on
what you’re going to do.
4. Just be your self.
5. The man should pay for your expenses.
6. Appreciate your date. Thank him for his company.
7. Be home on time.
8. If you want to refuse an invitation, do it politely.
Dating must be a
One must behave and
act accordingly during
FACTORS TO CONSIDER IN
SOME FACTORS TO CONSIDER IN SELECTING
1. Age of marriage
2. Social background
3. Childhood happiness
4. Attitudes toward sex
5. Determination to succeed
Marriage is a lifetime
commitment that requires
planning and preparation.
To ensure its
success, the couples
financially, emotionally, p
hysically and socially
At the end of the chapter, the students should be able to:
1. Appreciate the importance of decision-making in home
2. Explain the factors that influence home management;
3. Describe the factors that affect the use of time, energy and
4. Learn the wise use of time, energy and effort;
5. Prepare a personal time and activity plan;
6. Enumerate the components or elements of a family budget;
7. Discuss the importance of family budget;
8. Prepare a personal and family expenditure according to
- The smallest unit of society.
- The family live in a home, which
serves as the family’s dwelling
- Families are also organization by itself.
4. Evaluating the use of
5. Time management
IMPORTANCE OF GOALS
- Goals is the ultimate fulfillment of
- It is what you want to be and what
you want to do in the future.
- Goal setting gives families long-term
vision and short-term motivation.
BY SETTING GOALS, FAMILIES CAN:
Increase motivation to achieve;
Concentrate on what is important
at the moment;
Suffer less from stress and
Take pride in the achievement of
1. Express goal in a positive
2. Be precise.
3. Set priorities.
MAKING GOALS AND THE FAMILY GOAL
- Family should have a family goal
- Set your long –and-short term goals.
- Vision and values that direct your lives.
- Like all families, your family
needs to have a clear understanding
of where you are going. When you
follow a plan, each day will be in
harmony with the vision you have of
-As a family, you should define
As a family, decide together what
you really want to accomplish.
CREATING THE FAMILY GOAL STATEMENT
- In creating a Family Goal
Statement, it is important that all family
members participate. Every one
should think of things they would like
IMPORTANCE OF DECISION MAKING IN
1. Recognize the problem or opportunity.
2. Analyze the situation.
3. Consider your goals.
4. Look for alternatives.
5. Consider the consequences.
6. Select the best alternatives.
7. Act upon the decision.
8. Accept the responsibility.
FACTORS THAT INFLUENCE HOME
1. Parental Values.
2. Family Activities.
3. Household Budget.
4. Family Priorities.
5. Resources and Facilities
6. External Conditions.
It is important to family members of
the family to use time, effort, and
energy efficiently. Several factors
influence the productive use of time
and energy, which people should be
made aware of so as accomplish the
goal of the family effectively.
FACTORS THAT AFFECT THE USE OF TIME,
EFFORT, AND ENERGY:
1. Resources Available
2. Nature of Tasks
3. Size of the Family
4. Age and Composition of Family
Families should carefully plan
their use of time, effort, and
energy taking into consideration of
various factors that affect their use
of it. To make sure that the family
manages time and energy well, it
has to prepare a time and activity
SOME GUIDE QUESTIONS TO DETERMINE IF YOU
ARE USING THE TIME AND ENERGY EFFICIENTLY
AND CAN BE USE AS A BASIS FOR THE TIME PLAN:
1. How do you spend your time in a day?
2. What are my priorities? Am I spending too
much time in one activity to the neglect of
other important tasks?
3. Are my schedules for different activities
4. Do the members of the family share
5. Do we have some leisure activities for us
COMPLETE THE TABLE BY INDICATING HOW MANY
HOURS OR MINUTES SHOULD BE ALLOTTED PER DAY
FOR THE GIVEN ACTIVITY
ACTIVITY HOURS/MINS TO BE ALLOTED
READING A BOOK
TAKING WITH PARENTS
USING YOUR COMPUTER
THE FAMILY BUDGET
One other important components
of household is the family budget.
This income is used by the family for
the various expenses needed for living
such as the food, clothing, shelter,
repairs, education, health care,
emergency expenses and others.
IMPORTANCE OF FAMILY BUDGET
A budget is a plan for allocating
resources. It is a plan or strategy on
how the family income should be
spent. Families should earn more than
they spent. This is important so that
the family will not be financially
bankrupt and so that the family can
save for future necessities.
A FAMILY BUDGET IS MUCH DIFFERENT FROM A
PERSONAL BUDGET IN SEVERAL WAYS:
You are managing the money for two or more
Additional expenses must be accounted for.
The mismanagement of funds affects not only one
person but an entire household.
A greater degree of communication and
coordination is required to track spending from
TIPS FOR BUDGETING FOR THE FAMILY
1. Set your family priorities.
2. List down your goals.
3. Work towards your goals
4. Evaluate your family’s goals and
THE COMPONENTS OF A FAMILY BUDGET
Car and Transportation Expenses
Medical and Dental Expenses
Making an effective family budget
is critical in balancing the needs of the
family with available resources. It is
good idea to re-evaluate how effective
that system is and look for ways to
improve your current situation.
PREPARING A PERSONAL AND FAMILY
EXPENDITURE ACCORDING TO ONE’S BUDGET
Determine your true income.
Determine what must be paid.
Paying off debts.
Stop spending needlessly.
By having a family budget, one
can know where it is spending more
or less, and plan the next budget
based on the previous one. You
make daily, weekly, or monthly
depending on the day/s the income
is received or earned.
In preparing meal, it is best to
know what nutrients they provide. This
ensures that each member of the
family gets the nutrients they need
according to their Recommended Daily
FACTORS TO CONSIDER IN PLANNING
1. Get in all vitamins and minerals you
need each and every day.
2. You spend less time in the grocery
3. Map all things out ahead of time.
PLANNING DISHES FOR
Meal planning can
relieve a lot of stress,
especially when you are in the
grocery store shopping. You
will have everything you all
planned out, so you will know
exact what you need to get the
meals you have planned.
In the old days, people prepared their
meals well. They made sure that a nutritious
and delicious meal will be served.
Presently, meal preparation is beginning to
be a lost art. Because of the fast pace of our
modern world, people are also into fast
IMPORTANCE OF MEAL PREPARATION
1. They make sure that adequate nutrition is
provided to the members of the family;
2. They make sure that the resources such
as food, money, supplies, fuel, and even
time and energy are maximized; and
3. They make sure that a variety of meals are
Prepare meals for one week meal plan.
IMPORTANCE OF FRUIT TREE PRODUCTION
- Our country is abundant with plants
and fruit trees. Young people should learn
how to propagate plants and trees so as to
contribute on their own on the continuation
of these wealth that are very necessary for
- Production of fruit trees is not very
difficult, However, you must have knowledge
of the process, as well as dedication, hard
work, and patience to be successful in this
FRUIT TREES THAT ARE PRODUCTIVELY
GROWN IN THE LOCALITY
IMPORTANCE OF WATER, SOIL, AND
CLIMATE TO PLANT GROWTH
-Water is important for plants just it is
important for all living creatures on the
planet. Plants can make virtually everything
they need from water and air with a few
nutrients that those roots absorb from the
soil. The plant uses sunlight to split water into
hydrogen and oxygen. The plants uses the
hydrogen to make sugar from carbon dioxide
in the air. Both plants and people use oxygen
in the air to burn sugar and make energy to
-Soil is the primary source of water
and nutrients from the plants. Soil also
provides the physical anchor so that
plants can stand upright. Roots of
plants absorbs phosphorus, nitrogen,
potassium, and other nutrients form
-Climate also has a crucial role in the
development of plants. Trees and plants
grow in different climatic conditions such as
high temperature, low temperature,
sunshine, rainfall, humidity and wind.
PROPER GERMINATION OF SEEDS
The following are common ways of germinating
1. Stratification – This is done by placing the seeds
between layers of moist sand.
2. Freezing – This method is used for fruits with
many seeds such as kaimito, and mabolo.
3. Use of seedbeds – To form the seedbed, cultivate
a mound of soil and use a stick to furrows for the
seed. Sprinkle with water before covering the
4. Use of plastic cans – This is done by puncturing
holes at the bottom of cans to be used.
WAYS OF PREVENTING AND CONTROLLING
PEST AND DISEASES
Before fruit trees are planted, home fruit growers
should be aware of the time and work they entail
and must be willing to care them properly.
Sanitation includes pruning and cleaning up twigs
and branches and fruit that drops to the ground
Proper irrigation and fertilization maintain tree
health and reduce stress.
Good weed control beneath fruit trees reduces
habitat fro cutworms and other pest.
COMMON PLANTS AND TREES PESTS:
Moths – Adults moths first emerge in May by a
second generation and occasionally a third as the
summer progress. After mating, the female moth
lays eggs on the developing fruit.
Aphids – These soft- bodied insects infest the fruit
by sucking the plant sap. Because of this, the
leaves curl, further weakening the plant.
Fruit Fly – Ripe fruits on tress are the ones
infested by this pest. It lays its eggs on the fruit, and
thus damages them.
Beetles – They usually attack injured or weakened
Mites – small and eight- legged pest that attacks
various trees and crops and give a lot of damage.
Scale Insects – These insects attach themselves
to plant and tree surface, creating a form that looks
Cercospora leaf spot – All kind os crops are risk
with this disease. If plants are affected, they will
display circular, yellowish brown lesions.
Root rot – Caused by nematodes.
Branch felt Disease – This is a common disease
during periods of warm and moist climate,
especially affecting mango trees.
TO PREVENT AND CONTROL THESE PEST AND
1. Clean your garden regularly.
2. Do crop Rotation.
3. Use disease-resistant varieties.
4. Use natural insecticides
TO PERFORM PROPER HARVESTING:
1. Wear proper clothing and a hat.
2. Adjust the bucket to the size that will
accommodate a large number of fruits.
3. Check all ladders before using them
4. Carefully set ladders at the proper angle.
5. Keep your body centered on the ladder.
6. Handle fruits like eggs.
7. Get your hands in the buckets to prevent bruising
8. Pick a tree from the bottom up.
9. Release the fruit carefully and slowly into the bulk
10. Report all accidents and problems to the grower.
-Many people are finding ways to earn
money in many ways. One of the ways they
can do this to raise animals. Pigs are one of
the best animals to raise. They grow fast
and feed on left over foods. However, some
hard work and sacrifice that need to be
made for this endeavor.
SELECTING PIG SOWS
1. The gilt should have well-developed udder with a
minimum of six pairs of properly spaced function
2. A long body is more desirable in sows because it
provides more space for udder development.
3. The body should uniform width from front to rear.
4. Good development of the ham, and shoulder is
required of a breeding animal.
5. Must have sound and well-placed feet and legs.
6. Make it a point to select the biggest animals within
SELECTING PIG SOWS
7. Female breeders should come from a litter of eight
or more good-sized piglets with high survivability.
8. Do not keep gilts that come from sows in which
agalacita has been removed.
9. Select vigorous and hardy pigs from a healty litter
in a herd raised under good swine sanitation.
SELECTION OF A BOAR
1. Masculinity, both in appearance and in
2. The primary sex organ should be clearly
visible and be well- developed.
3. Select a boar which has been proven and
tested for the boars with traits that can
overcome the defects of the herd.