Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd. (MRPL) (A
Subsidiary of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.)
Kuthethoor Post, Mangalore - 575 030
Ph: 0824 - 2270400 Fax: 0824-2273334
Advertisement No. 31/2010
RECRUITMENT OF NON-MANAGEMENT POSITIONS THROUGH EMPLOYMENT
Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited (MRPL), a subsidiary of ONGC and a Mini Ratna Company, is focused on growth and
efficiency. The company is recognized today as the leading refinery in India in terms of all round performance, having won many
awards for Energy conservation, Safety, Quality, Exports etc. The company is executing an Expansion & Upgradation Project, at an
estimated cost of about $ 3.0 Billion and an Aromatics Project, on behalf of ONGC -Mangalore Petrochemicals Ltd. MRPL, at an
estimated cost of $ 1.2 Billion. Other initiatives include foray into retail marketing, direct marketing of ATF etc. In case you are the
one looking for real challenges, here is the opportunity to join the company.
The following Non-Management positions given below shall be filled through the Employment Exchange. Candidates
who are eligible and domicile of Karnataka are requested to register themselves in any Employment Exchange
located in Karnataka for being considered for the specified Non-Management Positions at theMRPL earliest.
Sl. Scale Max. age No. of Vacancy Minimum
Position of Pay * as on Grade qualification and
o Gen OBC SC ST TTL experience
1. Trainee - Workman 5290- 28 years Grade V B.Sc/Diploma in
(Process) 32512115 (W 2) 48 25 15 7 95 Chemical
2. (a) Trainee -Workman 5290325- 28 years Grade V 10 6 3 1 20 B.Sc/Diploma in
(Power Plant) 12115 (W 2) Mechanical
(b) Trainee - 5290- 28 years Grade V 9 5 4 2 20 Diploma in
Workman 325- (W 2) Electrical
(Power Plant) 12115 Engineering.
3. Trainee - Workman 5290325- 28 years Grade V 9 4 2 1 16 B.Sc/Diploma in
(Mechanical) 12115 (W 2) Mechanical
4. Trainee - Workman 5290325- 28 years Grade V 5 3 2 0 10 Diploma in
(Electrical) 12115 (W 2) Electrical
5. Trainee - Workman 5290325- 28 years Grade V 9 5 3 2 19 Diploma in
(Instrumentation) 12115 (W 2) Instrumentation /
* Subject to revision w.e.f . 01/04/2007.-
1.Number of positions mentioned above may vary upon requirements of MRPL
2.Candidate should be Domicile of Karnataka. MRPL
3.Age relaxation: OBC - 3 years, SC/ST - 5 years, PC - 10 years
4.The minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination should be 60% for General and pass marks for
OBC/SC/ST/PC. Percentage of marks should be the aggregate of all years / semesters i.e., total marks obtained
over total maximum marks of all years / semesters.
5. The candidates should have minimum 2 years relevant experience specific with regard to position applied
in a large reputed chemical/ petrochemical/ Fertilizer/ Engineering/ Pharmaceutical/ Power/ Cement/ Textile/
Distillery/telecom/Automobile/Aerospace/Plastics/Iron & Steel Industry.
6. In case of Candidates from Project Displaced Families (first generation only) whose land has been acquired by
MRPL, OMPL, MSEZ Projects shall have preference over others in employment. Candidates from Project Displaced
Families with pass marks in qualifying examination and without prior working experience will also be
considered. There is no upper age limit for candidates from Project Displaced Family.
7. Selection process: (a) Shortlisted candidates shall be required to appear in a written test. (b) Candidates who qualify in the
written test shall be interviewed.