Personalities Current Affairs february,2013• The Government of Japan nominated Haruhiko Kuroda for the designation of next governor of the Central Bank of the country.• The Former LIC chief T. S. Vijayan , took over as the Chairman of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority.• Radhakishan Malviya The former Union Minister and Rajya Sabha Member died at the age of 68.• Mritunjay Singh was appointed as the new joint Chief Operation Officer (COO) of the Persistent Systems.• The legendary Telugu director “ K Vishwanath” celebrates his 84th birthday today.• on 13 February 2013 Mohan Parasaran appointed as the Solicitor General of India.• on 15 February 2013 Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda was appointed as the brand ambassador of nutrition company Herbalife.• Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) appointed Subodh Kumar Agrawal and K. Raghu as new President and Vice-President.• On 12 February 2013 The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee appointed Kalyan Kumar Chakravarty as the chairman of Lalit Kala Akademi.• Prime Minister of Bhutan,” Lyonchhen Jigmi Y. Thinley” visited India.• Ratan Tata announced the joining hands with global leaders,for launching the Global Ocean Commission .• An Indian-American businessman Ashok Mago , the chairman of US INDIA receives the Minority Business Leader Award by a prestigious US journal• Founder of Hotel Leelaventure Captain C P Krishnan Nair stepped down as the Chairman.• Padma Shri awardee Dr Subra Suresh announces stepping down from his current position of Director of the National Science Foundation by the end of March Technology Current Affairs February, 2013
• Celkon Mobiles launched their new tablet PC called Celkon CT910 and smartphone A225.• Pinaka rockets were successfully test-fired.• Asus launches 7-inch MeMO Pad tablet in India.• Twitter releases new version of Twitter for Windows Phone.• India became the first country to successfully launch the first smart phone of the world - STRaND-1.• Google unveils its First new and expensive high-resolution Chrome book Pixel touchscreen laptops.• LG introducing its "new Optimus F Series" Optimus F5 and Optimus F7 Android smart phones.• Sony Corp announced its next-generation video game console called "PlayStation4" with touchpad, motion control, social and remote features. .• HTC launched their New model HTC One.• “3Doodler”: The Worlds first and only 3D printing pen draws in the air or on surfaces.• Samsung Electronics launched the New “WiFi-only Galaxy Camera” is powered by Android 4.1 operating system.• Nokia Lumia 620 now coming to India in the first week of March .• LG launched its first full HD smart phone : Optimus G Pro• Samsung’s new "REX series" of SMART Feature phones launched in India.• LG officially announced a new smart phone named "Optimus G Pro" to be released this month.• Intel Corp plans to launch an Internet television service this year.• Nokia launched the New Asha 310 is the first-ever Nokia smart phone to offer both Dual SIM and Wi-Fi support.• India now working on a long-range nuclear-capable Agni-VI Ballistic missile, to be in worlds elite nuclear club.• With 17 million digits The Worlds largest prime number discovered• Samsung Galaxy planning to launch his New Series of Samsung Galaxy S4 on March 15.
• Dell launched the line of Inspiron series - the Inspiron 15z ultrabook.• 7-inch Wtab 705 Talk: The Latest tablet launched by Champion Computers Pvt Ltd .• Russian space agency launches six telecom satellites.• HCL Launches their latest ME Y3 series Tablets• The Face book release a New mobile application that allows ‘Tracking users location Cinema Current Affairs february,2013• A Good Day To Die Hard The return of Bruce Willis Releasing on Friday.• Aadhi Bhagavan is a Tamil thriller to be released on February 22.• Controversial Tamil movie by Kamal Haasan, Vishwaroopam gets released in Tamil Nadu.• The First Telugu talkie movie Bhaktha Prahladha completes 81 years Goverment Plans And Schemes Current Affairs february,2013• On 25 February 2013 the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Bill approved by Rajya Sabha.• The Union Cabinet of India approved raise in the authorized capital of Nabard to 20000 crore rupees.• Congress president Sonia Gandhi launches the universal child health screening services in Palghar• Indian Foreign Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi and Austrian Minister for Labour and Social Security Rudoulf Hundstorfer signs Social Security Pact• For developing the (AWACS) for IAF the Union Cabinet of India approved DRDO. Culture Current Affairs February, 2013• The 9th edition of Aero India 2013, aviation show ended after displaying its magnificent aerobatic skills.• Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme in Mumbai is launched by Finance Minister P Chidambaram on 9 February 2013 in Mumbai.
• ‘MAPATHON 2013 ‘India’s first ever mapping competition announced by Google.• Mohmoud Ahmadinejad, the First President of Iran visits Egypt for attending the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Economics Current Affairs february,2013• The Union Government of India cancelled the bond auctions worth 12000 crore Rupees on 18 February 2013.• The Indian government declared to sell 9.5 per cent stake in countrys largest power producer NTPC Sports Current Affairs February, 2013• India beat Australia by 8 wickets in first Test.• In Test rankings India move to Fourth spot.• The Former World Cup-winning Sri Lankas captain Arjuna Ranatunga feels ‘Test cricket will die’ after Sachin Tendulkar’s retirement.• Virat Kohli was appointed as Captain of the IPL Franchise Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) for the sixth edition of the Indian Premier League.• Saina Nehwal continued to hold on to her second position in the latest World badminton ranking; P Kashyap out of top 10.• ON 19 February 2013 FiFA confirmed the use of goal-line technology during the 2014 FIFA World Cup.• England beat New Zealand by 8 wickets in 2nd ODI, Level series 1-1.• The World Champion in Chess “ Viswanathan Anand” from India won the Grenke Chess Classic trophy.• Rafael Nadal won the finals of Brazil Open 2013 by defeating Argentinean David Nalbandian.• Serena Williams achieve the new World number one women’s tennis player.• Australia defeated West Indies by 114 runs to win ICC Women’s World Cup Trophy.• South Africa to retain No. 1 spot in ICC Test ranking.
• “Pankaj Advani” created history by becoming the first Indian ever to reach the pre-quarterfinals of the “BetVictor Welsh Open’.• India maintain their Position number one in the ICC ODI Championship table .• On 8 February 2013 Sachin Tendulkar equaled the record of Sunil Gavaskar of 81 Centuries in First Class Cricket.• In the ICC T20 ranking India placed at third with 119 points, Virat Kohli on the sixth spot.• At Special Winter Olympics in South Korea Indian athletes win 46 medals made the country proud.• World Player of the Year : Lionel Messi signed a new contract with Barcelona until June 30 2018• The New Formula 1 car called MR02 unveiled by Marussia F1 team. Business Current Affairs February, 2013• India welcomed Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) from China on 28 February 2013.• Mercedes-Benz launched the new G63 AMG in India at Rs 1.45 crore.• Infosys the first Indian company to List on NYSE Euronext London and Paris markets.• Volkswagen India has launched their New Edition of “Polo SR” variant in India .• ON 11 February 2013 Twitter launched first pay-by-tweet service in partnership with the American Express.• Parle-G The First Indian FMCG Brand to Cross 5000 Crore Rupees Mark.• Honda launched their NEW fourth-gen CR-V in India• Railway Revenue Earnings increased by 20.38 Per Cent During 1 April 2012 – 31 January 2013.• Nissan launched his special edition sedan Sunny variants. Literature Current Affairs february,2013• First Edition of book titled “Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and Germany “ by Professor Anita B. Pfaff Presented to the President of India.
• The CEO of Penguin books India Andrew Phillips announced launching of the self publishing imprint named Partridge. Books And Authors Current Affairs february,2013• “Shubh Yatra” , an exclusive monthly “ Bi-lingual magazine” of Air India launched by Ministry of Civil Aviation. World History Current Affairs February, 2013• Saluting the Polish astronomer: Nicolaus Copernicus 540th birthday• On 11 February 2013 Pope Benedict XVI announced that he would resign at the end of the month because of Poor Health• Guinness World Records the largest saltwater crocodile dies in Philippines. Honours And Awards Current Affairs february, 2013• On 26 February 2013 Sugata Mitra was awarded the Million-Dollar TED Prize for Extraordinary creativity.• The Veteran Bollywood actor Anupam Kher awarded with the City Proclamation Award in Los Angeles.• On 21 February 2013 the former head of Tata Group Ratan Tata, was awarded the life time achievement award 2012 by Ernst & Young.• “We Are Young” The pop-rockers won song of the year At the Grammy Awards.• “Pandit Ravi Shankar” was awarded his fourth Grammy award for ‘Best world music ’. Astronomy Current Affairs february,2013• For the first time, Astronomers found the super-massive black hole is rotating at nearly the speed of light.• NASA Scientists reports Asteroid Apophis may strike Earth in 2068.• NASA has discovered the smallest known planet which is slightly larger than the Moon outside our Solar System.• President Pranab Mukherjee announced : India’s first mission to Mars and the launching of our first navigational satellite this year.
• Astronomers discovered that cosmic rays originate as the results of explosions of stars or supernova.• Scientists Found water on Moons oldest rocks.• NASA scientists discovered the youngest black hole in Milky Way which is merely 1000 years old.• Astronomers discovered six speeding stars racing through the galaxy at a speed of 3.2 million kilometres per hour.• Seismologists declared life on our planet was facing threat due to catastrophic super-volcano.• NASA plans to launch a new mission in 2016 to predict their impact of asteroids on Earth.• Nasa : A small asteroid is projected to come as close as 17,100 miles (27,520 km) from Earth on Feb. 15, no chance of an impact. Inventions Current Affairs february,2013• North Korea successfully conducted their third nuclear test.• Pakistan successfully tests their new the nuclear-capable “Hatf-IX tactical missile or Nasr”. Current Affairs Current Affairs february,2013• On 28 February 2013 National Science Day was Celebrated Countrywide.• On 26 February 2013 , the CM announced that Delhi Became the First State in India to Ban the Manual Scavenging.• Volkswagen announces of launching their new model Golf GTD.• Ferrari declared for the title of worlds most powerful brand• National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Signed Loan Agreement with Banks for 250 million US dollars.• The State Government of Kerala raised age limit for buying or selling liquor from 18 years to 21 years.• On 20 February 2013 The Cabinet Committee on Investment (CCI) approved proposal for North Karanpura Super Thermal Power Plant in Jharkhand.
• Affairs Minister of India, officially visit to Bangladesh to co-chair the second meeting of the India-Bangladesh Joint Coonsultative Commission(JCC)• “One Billion Rising Campaign” launched to raise the voice for the violence against women.• IOC executive board decided to to drop wrestling from 2020 Olympics. World Organisations Current Affairs february,2013• India and Britain signed MoUs for strengthening educational ties between the countries.• On 22 January 2013 India and Sri Lanka signed two agreements for fighting against international terrorism, avoiding double taxation.• The India-U.S. Joint Working Group on UN Peacekeeping held its 10th meeting on 13 February 2013.• On 14 February 2013 India and France agreed to strengthen counter terrorism and intelligence cooperation .• India and Japan on decided to strengthen in different fields like Human resource development, cooperation in tourism sector. Environment Current Affairs february,2013• Capital of India Ranked at the worst position in the crucial environmental parameters of Environmental Performance Index (EPI). The First wildlife skywalk of India coming up in Maenam wildlife sanctuary, Sikkim.