Dr. Sara Diaz
WGST 303: The *isms: Race, Class, and Gender
• Based on today’s readings, who does the
law benefit most when it comes to rape
and anti-queer hate crimes?
• Historically speaking, why is that so?
• How can we change the legal system so
that more people who are the targets of
these crimes have access to justice? Give
• What additional forms of violence were
created by the legal system in the history
of rape prosecution?
• How is the state implicated in that
• Can we see traces of state violence in