A CURE FOR
Sarah Jane Calub
AD causes memory impairments from early
stages, probably because of cell death in the
basal forebrain, an area that produces the
chemical acetylcholine, which facilitates
brain plasticity, or the ability to learn.
• also called “primary memory”
or “active memory”
• the capacity to hold a small
amount of information in a
short period of time
• average capacity, without
maintenance rehearsal, is 7±2
The BIG Picture
• As many as 5.3 million people in the US are living
with Alzheimer’s disease.
• Every 70 seconds, someone develops Alzheimer’s.
• Alzheimer’s is the seventh-leading cause of death in
• Alzheimer’s disease is predicted to nearly double
every 20 years.
People living with Alzheimer’s and Dementia in the US
Harness unique Vampire
“gene” that may repair STM
damage in AD patients.
Find a cure for Alzheimer’s
to prevent these numbers
from increasing rapidly in the
•humans with no known STM disorders
•ages 50 - 65
•humans diagnosed with AD
•ages 50 - 65
•no medication for 6 months prior to experimentation
•Vampires containing same strain of gene
• Recent study found vampire gene that helps
vampires produce more acetylcholine, increasing their
• “Gene” has been extracted and has
potential to mutate human DNA, just
as venom does during
1. Test all three groups for STM ability through a 20-question
test, lasting about 10 minutes each. Mass spectrometry will
be used to measure acetylcholine levels.
2. Record scores based on performance.
3. Inject Vampire “gene” into bloodstream of AD patients.
4. Allow 2 weeks for mutation to occur.
5. Test subjects again using a similar test (same format, different
questions). MS will measure ACh levels.
6. Compare results to initial tests to observe improvements.
7. 2 weeks after the second test, test subjects once more to
observe if their STM continued to improve.
2 Weeks After Injection
30 people had 60% more ACh
30 people had 45% more ACh
40 people had 35% more ACh
4 Weeks After Injection
50 people had 95% more ACh
40 people had 92.5% more ACh
10 people had 90% more ACh
The mutation that occurred when Vampire “gene” was
introduced to Alzheimer’s patients, is an effective way
to treat the disease by increasing the secretion of ACh
in the brain, preventing further damage and increasing
ACh levels in AD patients may continue to increase
over time, further increasing their memory capacities.
This method may eliminate current medications for
Alzheimer’s, and may be a permanent cure for AD.