Slides to a free PD webinar I gave on June 15, 2010 on how to successfully market a language program. A link to the webinar recording is available here:
• 4 Ps of Marketing
• Language courses can be
thought of as “services” or
• General - (horizontal markets)
• Specialized - (vertical markets)
• Setting the price of your
program depends on a number
• Minimum / Max enrollments
• Where are your courses held?
• Where do you market your
courses? What are your
• Here are a few tips for working
• This is what most school
administrators think of when
they think of “marketing”.
• Brand your program consistently.
• Have a logo - and use it.
Strategies and tips
• Establish an honest budget for
• Set annual, monthly and weekly
goals for marketing.
• Market your organization “from the
Social media for
• Facebook - Under 40s; one study
reports women over 55 are the
fastest growing demographic.
• Linked In - Professional tool - 35 - 55
• Twitter - 24 - 54 year olds are early
adopters; Majority are 45-54.
• How to Make a Facebook Fan Page
As a thank you for taking the time to be
here, I’d like you to have a copy of my
new e-book. It’s my gift to you.
It’s available from
Click on the “Free ebook” tab.
You don’t have to give your e-mail
address or any personal information.
Just click and it’s yours.