• Student Reps Update
• Spread Firefox Education Toolkit
• Powered by Mozilla
• Drumbeat and Universal Subtitles
Spread Firefox Education
• We have now added a new presentation,
Firefox Add-ons: Personalize Your Browser
• Live Chat hours
• Similar to office hours with teachers
• Chat with Reps and Regional Leaders
• Vote on times: http://bit.ly/dmxeP0
• Help translate new Student Reps website
• Details posted this week on Ning
Powered by Mozilla Logo
• Created for use by Mozilla-based applications
• A few initial adopters have picked it up
• We need outreach to get more people using it
• Email template and contact list on wiki to help coordinate
reaching out (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Powered_by_Mozilla)
Drumbeat and Universal
• The current fundraising campaign is for the Mozilla Drumbeat
Universal Subtitles project.
• Help Mozilla, Miro and the Participatory Culture Foundation
create an open standard that lets any video client find
matching subtitles, as well as open source tools to make
creating subtitles and translations easy.
• The team plans to develop a Firefox extension that will look
up and display corresponding subtitles, as well as a
community subtitle database.
Drumbeat and Universal
• What can you do to help?
• The project is looking for beta testers and coders.
• It is also trying to raise $25,000 to get started. Let it be known that
Mozilla will match all donations dollar for dollar from the Open Web
• Tweet about Universal Subtitles - encourage people to join drumbeat
and donate to the project:
• Join the Facebook group
• A DinoThought is a small booklet created from
a single sheet of paper. It contains thoughts from
the Mozilla Dino itself on varying aspects of the
• Where Help is Needed:
• Mark 3 is going to be a big step now that the idea is out & the project has a
• In Mark 3 there will be a full review of the remixed textual content, and
hopefully the addition of images into the booklet.
• There are also going to be some additions of testimonials to the booklet.
Possible candidates for these are include Mitchell Baker and Asa Dotzler.
• David Boswell and Alina Mierlus have also offered to lend a hand.
The more the merrier!
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.