Community Marketing Call 03 03 10Presentation Transcript
March 3, 2010
• Creative Collective Design Challenge: Ofﬁcial Mozilla 2010 T-Shirt
• Community Spotlight Submissions!
• Earthquake in Chile - How can you help?
• Thunderbird Update
• EU Ballot - Open to Choice
New Creative Collective
• Latest Design Challenge from the Creative Collective:
Create the ofﬁcial Mozilla 2010 t-shirt!
• Submission deadline: April 30th.
• Blog post announcement: http://bit.ly/moztshirtdc
• Landing page: http://creative.mozilla.org/challenges/5
Community Spotlight Submissions
• Share your contributions with
the Mozilla community
• Stories will be featured on
Spread Firefox, our Facebook
group, our twitter stream and
Earthquake in Chile -
How to Help
Earthquake in Chile - How to Help
(AP Photo/Roberto Candia)
• Saturday, February 27th at 3:34 AM Chilean local time there was an
8.8 magnitude earthquake
• We have a strong community in Chile through ChileMoz and
• Check out, retweet, get involved through the Mozilla blog post
(including video from Rodrigo García Segovia of Firefox Chile on
the Mozilla blog: http://bit.ly/earthquakechilemozilla
• Thunderbird 3.0.3 released
• Another beta coming soon!
• Funnel cake project underway
Open to Choice
Choice POWER Team
• Full site now live: Great work!
• Lots of materials to spread the word:
• List of the browsers on the ballot
• List of participating countries
• Collateral on how to choose a browser
• Flyers and posters
Choice POWER Team
• Let’s make sure everyone knows what the
screen is and how to make a choice!
• 1 or 2 people responsible/country
• Not limited to EU countries, but all over
the world: browser choice is a global issue
• wiki: https://guides.mozilla.org/Marketing/
• Let’s get at least 50% coverage by EOW
Social Media Storm
• Facebook custom tab
• Kicking off localized FB messages
• Help us identify other networks!
• Tweet, send updates on Facebook
• Facebook messages
• ﬂyers and posters
• afﬁliate buttons
• community website
• moderate comments on your locale
• distribute ﬂyers, put up posters
• write article for university/work place newsletter
• Be a Browser Choice screen tracker!