1 UW Bothell Learning Technologies | web: www.uwb.edu/learningtech | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
UPLOADING VIDEOS TO VIMEO
[Handout Courtesy of the University of Washington – Bothell.]
Vimeo is a video hosting and
sharing site similar in function to
YouTube. To get started using
Vimeo, you will need to create an
account. Click on the “Sign up for
Vimeo” button to create an
account. On the following screen,
click on the “Basic” version; this
version is free and allows you to
upload 500MB per week. You will
now need to enter your name, e-
mail address, and password. Once
you have done this, you will be taken to your new Vimeo account page.
You should now be logged in to your account and the screen should be similar to the
2 UW Bothell Learning Technologies | web: www.uwb.edu/learningtech | e-mail: email@example.com
1) This portion of the page shows you your inbox (Inbox), your uploadedvideos
(Videos), recent activity (Activity), and links to other videos (Discover).
2) This toolbar contains the links for you to manage your account (me), manage your
videos (videos), upload new videos (upload), use different tools (tools), explore
Vimeo (explore) and get help (help).
To begin uploading a video, click on the circled Upload a video button.
You are now on the video uploading page. To begin uploading a video, click on the
Choose a file to upload. Most video files should be compatible with Vimeo.
1) This is the toolbox for you to edit video options such as information about the video,
privacy settings, credits, and photos. You can also change information here anytime
after your video has uploaded.
2) Click here to upload video.
3) This section shows your weekly upload limit. A free account has an upload limit of
500MB and one HD video per week. This resets after each week.
3 UW Bothell Learning Technologies | web: www.uwb.edu/learningtech | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MANAGING YOUR VIDEOS
Once you have uploaded your videos, you can access them by clicking on the Videos
link in the toolbar in the upper right.
1) The gear icon takes you to the settings for the current video. You can edit the video
information, change privacy settings, and edit credits here. The X button deletes your
2) This section lists your videos (More) and lets you add your videos to groups and
other channels (Add).
3) This section shows the credits, tags, and comments that have been left on the video.
You can share your video with others by clicking on the Share button on the upper-right
corner of the video (circled in the above screenshot). You can also embed the video on
another website by clicking the Embed button right below the share button.