CCP demands total control of information - Why? Obvious has a lot to hide So let’s say you were a Chinese person, would you appreciate a TV network that was completely honest and accurate when presenting you the facts?Would you watch that network if it had superior news reporting as well as entertaining programs?
1. The Epoch Times
2. The Epoch Times• Independent global media group.• Started 2000 by Chinese-Americans in the U.S.• European edition started 2001 in Germany as weekly paper.• Daily/weekly print edition available in 33 countries,• with 4,500,000 copies/week.• 10 Languages in print edition in English, French, Germen, Russian, Spanish, Korean, Japane se etc.
3. The Epoch Times• Chinese: http://www.epochtimes.com/• English: http://www.theepochtimes.com/• Svenska: http://www.epochtimes.se/
4. The Epoch Times Chinese-Growing Population in Europe• Over 20 million in Europe• About 7 428in Finland until 2009 Source: http://www.immi.se/ir/ir2001/kineser.htm http://www.stat.fi/artikkelit/2010/art_2010-07-09_001.html
5. The Epoch Times• 54 million Chinese travellers outside China, 2010• …and spent 6,68 billion dollar.• Chinese spends second to Americans.• Typical Chinese tourist: 25-44 year old, highly educated and wealthy… Chinese tourists in Finland: • 30% increased in 2006, reaching a total of 94,000 nights spent (Helsinki Sanommat) Source: http://news.lvyou168.cn/en/20070226/7965.html
6. The Epoch Times Distribution In FinlandWeekly Readers in Nordic Countries: • Helsinki• 3000 Copies • Espoo• 10 000 people • Vantaa • TampereWeekly Readers in Europe:• 40 000 Copies • Oulu• 70 000-100 000 people • Rovaniemi • Other small cities
7. The Epoch Times
8. The Epoch Times
9. The Epoch Times
10. The Epoch Times
11. The Epoch Times The Helsinki Cathedral
12. WHO reads the Epoch Times• 44% of families with children under 18.• 72% Fluent in English• 78% Own a car• 58% Own houses/apartments• 50% Works as professional business owners/management• 79% University graduate• 71% Aged 25-54• 83% Comes originally from Main-land China.• Average household income USD 65,000Source: http://www.youmaker.com/video/show/video?id=adeae96af77d48398cab971c59 7c05b9
13. 2008 Survey: Why & Who Like the Epoch TimesWhy:• 77% unique, “can’t-find-anywhere-else”• 76% independent, truthful reporting, covering universal principles and human rights• 40%healthy, non-violent, non-eroticWho:• 83% of the readers are immigrated from mainland China Source: Proprietary U.S.-wide survey of 5,046 readers of the Chinese print edition of the Epoch Times. Conducted online May 18 – June 13, 2008. Margin of error +/-1.14%. at 95% confidence level.
14. NOTE• Tianmen Square Massacre• SARS• Human Rights• Openness & information Freedom
15. Censored in China• Google• Facebook• Twitter• YouTube• SkypeThe regime demands total control of information
16. The Epoch Times AwardsAsian American Journalists Association National Ethnic Press & Media National Award (U.S.) Council Award (Canada) English Epoch Times Editor-in-Chief John Nania Epoch Times publisher Cindy Gu receives an with former U.S. Vice-President Walter Mondale. award from Ontario Lt. Governor James Bartleman.
17. The Epoch Times • News & analyses in Politics, Economy and Business • Science & Discoveries • Travel & Culture • Sport & Fashion • Health & Chinese medicin • Motors & Estate