1. Fab India• Fab India is a chain of retail stores in India producingethnic products carried out by the craftsmen of ruralIndia. The fab India products are mainly source tosustain and provide employment opportunities tothe rural people in India. The company employsmore than 15000 craftsmen and artisans all overIndia.
2. History• Fab India initially commenced as a village based industry in1960 by john Bissell , started to work for the ford foundationas a counselor where he had given two years to instruct theIndian villagers to make textile possessions for export .• He provided equitable job opportunities to the traditionalartisans and establish fab India in 1960, to amalgamate bestapproaches of west & east collaboration
3. Stores• The stores of fab India are located all over the world with 99stores in all major cities and states of India . Moreover fabIndia offers its stores in various international places includingUAE , Dubai , Bahrain, Italy and Rome.
4. Fabindia Strategies1. Multiple procurement sources (private , NGO, farmers‘groups and individual farmers )2. Training and financial support to suppliers3. Partnership with small producers4. No direct working with producers5. Partnership in the community owned companies ofproducers .
5. Competitors• Competition Faced by Fabindia is from both the organised andunorganised retail sector.• Unorganized sector:- local NGOs Delhi Haat Law Garden• Organized sector:- Garments Based (Shoppers Stop, Westside, Reliance Trends, Globus) Designer Boutiques
7. SWOT AnalysisSTRENGHTS WEAKNESS• Differentiable products•Brand recognition and loyalty•Diverse product mix•Partnering with suppliers•In-house manufacturing•Price Trends Setter•Different categories of stores•Customer Loyalty•No specific promotions strategy• Limited channels of business• Sourcing strategy skewed towards suppliers• Inconsistent quality of products• Inconsistent service in storesTHREATS OPPORTUNITIES•Substitute producing competitors•Not in touch with Fashion Trends•In store merchandising & navigation•Promoting e-business channel•Organic foods market• Customer acquisition strategies
8. Recommendations• Should do promotion – of the cause• Need to improve the brand visibility• Tone of the brand needs to be communicated– Traditional styles• Festivals & delight programs needs to behighlighted• Programs based on themes – matchingdecorative.
9. • Product placements should be more detailedwith the labels
10. • Staff should be trained about the product andits use.• Show case the hand made craft work throughthe videos on LCD in the store.• The design of the clothing is too dull & oldfashion.
11. Online portals
12. Jabong.com• The store offers ethnic wear such as sarees, lehengas, sherwanis,kurtis, shoes, bags, jewellery, among others. It also offers seasonaland bulk discounts for international customers includingbusinesses in B2B & B2C segments.• Customers can make a payment via PayPal account, Credit/Debitcards including Visa, Master Card, Dinner Club, JCB & AmericanExpress. As for shipping, Jabongworld.com has tied up air courierservice like Fedex / Aramex /DHL. The shipping charges dependson the weight of the order. The store offers users to select thecountry they want to ship the order to, and offer subsequentshipping charges.
13. Myntra.com• Myntra was started by a group of IIT/IIM graduates in early2007 and is headquartered in Bangalore with regionaloffices in New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai. The company isfunded by top tier Venture Capital Funds.• The company started off in the business of personalizationof products, and soon expanded to set up regional officesin New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai. It began its operationsin the B2B (business to business) segment with thepersonalization of gifts, which included T-shirts, mugs andcaps to name a few.• From 2007 to December 2010, Myntra.com was in thebusiness of online demand personalization.  The productsranged from T-shirts, mugs, greeting cards, calendars, keychains, diaries, wine glasses.
14. • Company Description: ABOUT MYNTRAMyntra.com is India’s largest online fashionand lifestyle store for men, women, and kids.Shop online from the latest collections ofapparel, footwear and accessories, featuringthe best brands.We are committed to delivering the bestonline shopping experience imaginable.
15. Fashionandyou.com• Fashionandyou.com is Indias No.1 private sales club and is aleader in the online Fashion, Luxury & Lifestyle space. Since theinception in 2010, we stand today with over 3.6 million member-base across 1200 locations pan-India, and we are also the firstones to achieve over a Million fan-base on social media in theonline fashion and lifestyle segment worldwide.• fashionandyou.com gives its members access to the best ofinternational, luxury, hi-fashion, lifestyle brands & designer labelsat up to 80% off retail. With multiple options for women, menand kids, the offerings include apparel, footwear, accessories,fragrances, watches, cosmetics, home & lifestyle products. Webring our members 15 new sales every day, showcasingmerchandise of over 500 brands through limited-time events.
16. Homeshop18.com• Homeshop18 is India’s virtual retailer operating in a multimediaenvironment. It includes television, web, catalogue and print tosell high quality products and services directly to consumersacross the country.• HomeShop18 is a venture of the Network18 Group, one of Indiasleading media, Internet and entertainment groups.• Key categories include general electronics, books, music, gifting,cameras, mobiles, toys, apparel, jewellery, watches, health,beauty and household appliances.
17. Flipkart.com• Flipkart went live in 2007 with the objective of making books easilyavailable to anyone who had internet access. Today, were presentacross various categories including movies, music, games, mobiles,cameras, computers, healthcare and personal products, homeappliances and electronics, stationery, perfumes, toys, apparels,shoes – and still counting!• Be it our path-breaking services like Cash on Delivery, a 30-dayreplacement policy, EMI options, free shipping - and of course thegreat prices that they offer.
18. ExclusiveLane• Exclusivelane is an online store for home décor and handcraftedproducts. The start-up was born out of love for Indian handicraftproducts, with an aim to promote the economic development ofthe artisans involved. The site sells products across differentcategories like clocks, lamps, wall decors, key hooks, mirrors, tealights, aroma diffuser, etc. In addition to these the start-up alsovends products in different materials like terracotta, different kindsof wood, ceramic, papier-mâché etc.
19. Mother Earth• In 1994, The Brand “Industree” was co-founded by Ms Gita Ramand Ms Neelam Chhiber to tap the market of home accessoriesproduced by artisans from rural India.• Mother Earth is a tasteful lifestyle brand for people with an Indiandesign sense. Mother Earth is one of the few lifestyle brands thatrepresent Indian dessigns in a contemporary sense.
20. AIACA• The All India Artisans and Craft workers Welfare Association(AIACA) is a membership-based apex body for the handloom andhandicraft sectors. AIACA seeks to represent a range oforganizations in these sectors and to engage in policy advocacyactivities aimed at increasing the domestic and internationalmarket for handloom and handicraft products along withimproving the standard of living of craft workers and to explorenew and commercially sustainable models of livelihoodpromotion.
21. Kajari Art Cottage• We introduce ourselves as Kajari Art Cottage, as one ofmanufacturers and exporters of Handicraft Items. Established inyear1956, Kajari Art cottage is a part of Kataria Group founded byLate Shri Jessaram Kataria, offers wide range ofHandicrafts, Furniture (White Metal and Marble), Textilehandloom, paintings Sculptors and Thickri Handi Glass art work(one of our specialty, and we are the sole producer).
22. Healthkart.com• HealthKart, launched in March 2011, is an e-commercecompany focused on consumer healthcare products. Within ayear, it has grown to become India’s largest e-health store,where consumers from all parts of the country find a largevariety of healthcare products under one umbrella. Thecompany sells over 12,000 products across fitness, health andpersonal care categories such as nutrition, diabetes, homedevices, eye and personal care. HealthKart also sells varioushealth services, such as preventive health packages,diagnostic tests and gym memberships, to provide one-stopsolution for all consumer health needs.