1. Welcome to the HR.com webinar HRIS ANDTHE CLOUDIs This A Good Marriage?
2. • You should be hearing something now, if not then see the FAQ’s at http://bit.ly/FixMyAudioSPONSORSFOR THISWEBINAR… click here to download this presentation
3. HOUSE • IHR creditsCLEANING… Each 1 Hour Webcast on HR.com is reviewed and can qualify for an Institute for Human Resources credit. The archive of the webcast also qualifies for recertification credits, up to 1 - and in some cases 2 – year(s) after the original broadcast. You can obtain your PHR, SPHR, GPHR and credits without ever leaving your desk. For more information regarding the IHR Certification Program, please visit : http://www.hr.com/en/ihr_certifications/ or visit the HR Certification Institute homepage www.hrci.org click here to download this presentation
4. HOUSE • External materialsCLEANING… We recommend obtaining a copy of the National Institute of Standards and Technology document Definition of Cloud Computing available at http://1.usa.gov/NISTCloudDef This document provides the agreed essential characteristics, service models, and deployment models for cloud computing systems Also a very informative 3-minute video covering basic cloud computing is available on YouTube at http://bit.ly/WhatIsCloudComputing • Background of Spokesperson click here to download this presentation
5. OVERVIEW • What the cloud is not... • What the cloud is... • How the cloud is changing everything… • Benefits of Implementing the Cloud… • Benefits of Operating in the Cloud… • Are there Lost liberties with the Cloud? Or Potential Markets Gained?... • 3 Major Concerns That Affect ALL Cloud Users Globally…
6. AND NOW, OUR WEBINAR…
7. WHAT A A cloud system is not …CLOUD IS • an actual cloudNOT… • a system that floats in the sky • a system that exists on your machine • something a genie will make appear on your machine • a system that is entirely fool-proof
8. WHAT A CLOUD IS… Characteristics of the cloud system How the cloud provides services The form of the delivered cloud systemFor the detailed definition, you can download their PDF file here… http://1.usa.gov/NISTCloudDef So… What does all this mean in simple English?
9. DEFINITIONS Server Instance Virtual Server
10. STANDARD INTERNET & SERVER USE…
11. STANDARD INTERNET & SERVER USE…
12. HOW THE CLOUD CHANGES ALL THIS… Advantages (and weaknesses) inherent in the cloud characteristics service models deployment methods Comparison to current environment
13. THE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CLOUD SYSTEM… • On-demand self-service • Broad network access • Resource pooling – physical & virtual resources – no location control or knowledge – possible to specify location at a higher level of abstraction (country, state, or datacenter) • Rapid elasticity • Measured service
14. HOW THE CLOUD PROVIDES SERVICE… Software as a Service - SaaS User-specific and off-the-shelf applications Platform as a Service – PaaS Consumer-created-apps Infrastructure as a Service – IaaS Complete system – almost…
15. TYPES OF CLOUD SYSTEMS (DEPLOYMENT MODELS)… Private Cloud Community Cloud Public Cloud Hosting Hybrid Cloud
16. CLOUD SYSTEM
17. CLOUD SYSTEM
18. BENEFITS OF IMPLEMENTING A CLOUD SYSTEM…• Very short implementation timeline compared to RDBM systems…• Lower maintenance costs as well as reduced to non-existent overhead…• Expenses for applications and reoccurring expenses…• RDBM environments no longer needed…• Onsite expenses for IT support are reduced to minimal to non- existent…• Focus is shifted back to building the business instead of maintaining the system(s)…• Freedom to build a system anywhere through the internet…
19. BENEFITS OF OPERATING IN THE CLOUD… Minimized operational costs Upgrades are ‘automatic’ Variable service levels available Operate from any location that has an internet connection !
20. LOST LIBERTIES? OR POTENTIAL MARKET…
21. 3 MAJOR CONCERNS FOR CLOUD SYSTEMS… Power http://bit.ly/CloudPowerBackUp Security Assessment Process http://bit.ly/CloudAchillesHeel http://bit.ly/MS-BPOS-oops http://bit.ly/fb-hulu-1 http://bit.ly/fb-hulu-2 Sovereign Rights Just WHERE is your data?
22. IHR CREDITS For more information regarding the IHR Certification Program, please visit : http://www.hr.com/en/ihr_certifications/ or visit the HR Certification Institute homepage at http://www.hrci.org
23. A LISTING OF THE RESOURCES RECOMMENDED IN THISPRESENTATION… National Institute of Standards and Technology Definition of Cloud Computing : http://1.usa.gov/NISTCloudDef YouTube - Cloud Computing : bit.ly/WhatIsCloudComputing Power Backup : bit.ly/CloudPowerBackUp Security Assessment Process : bit.ly/CloudAchillesHeel bit.ly/MS-BPOS-oops : bit.ly/fb-hulu-1 : bit.ly/fb-hulu-2
24. CONTACTING THE HRIS WORLD… Standard… • E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org Social Media… • Facebook : http:/on.f/b.me/WelcomToTHW • LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/garrettobrien • Twitter : @thehrisworld Phone … • Direct : USA +1 (678) 459-2805 • iNum : 883 510 001 299 784 o Brazil +55 (11) 3711-9355 o Italy +39 (06) 6220-7777 o South Africa +27 (10) 500-2854 o USA +1 (713) 474-2323
25. HRIS AND THE CLOUD – IS THIS A GOOD MARRIAGE… bit.ly/HRcomHRISandTheCloud