44 Proven Leaders from the Armed Forces Batch at MDI Gurgaon bring
Sustainability to Your Organisation through
Commitment to the Mission
Loyalty and Integrity
Commitment to Equip and Empower their Teams
to Achieve Excellence
FROM BATTLE FIELD TO BOARD ROOM……
Capt KP Singh
Major Habib Rehman
ITC Hotels Ltd
Capt GR Gopinath
and Deccan 360
Col Hardeep Singh Bedi
Tulip Telecom Ltd
Capt CPK Nair
Lt Gen Arjun Ray,
PVSM, VSM (Retd.)
Indus Group of Schools
37 Years of
Ranked 5 Best
Indian B School
By Business India
MDI was established as an autonomous
body in 1973, with assistance from
several reputed institutions such as
UNDP, UNIDO, World Bank and ILO.
Since its inception, MDI has forged
collaborations with several national and
international organizations for research
and training. The institute has several
research chairs supported by corporate
on leadership and organizational building,
Financing of Infrastructure Projects and
Strategic Information Management.
Several students and faculty exchange
programmes with universities, institutes
and organizations in America, Australia,
Canada and Europe are also facilitated
by the institute.
Programmes at MDI are characterized
by overall high quality and supported
by positive environment for promoting
The service officers have the requisite
skills backed with discipline and a
focused approach to lead a productive
life. MDI Gurgaon prepares them for a
magnificent career in the corporate world
by enabling them reorient their skills,
attitudes and attributes to manage and
capitalize on their inherent potential and
experience for value creation.
A Word from Director
It gives me great pleasure to present the twelfth batch of 44 participants of the
‘Certificate Course in Business Management’ being conducted at MDI, Gurgaon for
the officers of the Armed Forces. The course has been specially designed for the
Armed Forces officers, considering their diligence, integrity, loyalty, perseverance
and leadership qualities.
The Curriculum is being delivered by an inter-disciplinary team of highly
experienced faculty members of our Institute.
Given the background of these officers and the rigorous academic programme
that they are attending at MDI, Gurgaon, I am confident that they will be an
invaluable resource for corporate houses who will be recruiting them. The class consists of an interesting
range of officers, from young enthusiasts to well-experienced officers, who are expected to suit various
profiles available in business organisations.
Indian Armed Forces have proved their credibility in the battle fields and earned the trust and faith of
every citizen of our country. Business community of today has also reposed faith and confidence in the
Armed Forces personnel who have joined them after being trained from our Institute, as they have
displayed their mettle and competence in the corporate world.
They are available to serve to the corporate world. We invite you to visit our campus and interact with
them to meet your organisation needs.
Prof B S Sahay
Message from the Programme Directors
MDI Gurgaon is proud to introduce the 12th batch of Armed Forces Officers of
the Management Programme who have chosen to step out into the Corporate
Having been associated with management programme for the armed forces for
many years now, we can say with conviction that the experience that these
officers bring along is unmatched, more so because of the values ingrained while
in uniform. Their enthusiasm, desire to perform, positive attitude and result-
oriented approach more than make up for the gap in corporate experience. They
have already practiced most of the management principles in their organisations
while in uniform. At MDI, we have successfully helped them transcend and
understand the corporate culture, ethics and practices to continue providing the
Sustainable Leadership that is a much desired attribute in the Corporate today.
We assure you that this batch has displayed tremendous commitment, dedication
and spirited attitude while undergoing the academic rigours of this programme.
Their conduct is exemplary and unmatched. The entire faculty is very confident
that they are rightly poised for a great performance in their second careers.
Sanjay Chandwani and Daisy Chauhan
A 24 week full time business education programme. Leverages the existing managerial competencies of
the defence officers and equips them with necessary concepts, frameworks, tools and skills to become
smart and competent corporate leaders.
MDI awards Certificates in Business Management to all participants of the programme with dual
specializations in the third semester. At the end of this intense business education the participants are
fully geared for work in varied fields, such as:
Sales and Marketing
Operations and Project Management
Supply Chain Management
Human Resource Management
Telecom/IT Enabled Services
The curriculum has been customised to develop a general management perspective from the standpoint
of a total enterprise and includes:-
Term I Term III
Business and Corporate Law Supply Chain Management
Business Statistics Advanced Project Management
Individual and Group Behaviour Service Operations Management
Management Information System Recruitment and Selection
Accounting and Financial Reporting Training and Development
Business Communication Customer Relationship Management
Economic Environment of Business Sales, Distribution and Retail Management
Term II Lectures
Project Management Case Studies
Marketing Practices and Implimentation Group Discussions
Management Costing and Corporate Finance Assignments
Human Resource Management Faculty
Strategic Management Role Plays
Operations Management Guest Lectures
One of the key contributors to the establishment of MDI as a leading business school is
its experienced and world renowned faculty. MDI offers several courses under various
specialisations. Each course is supported by a highly qualified faculty team who are expert
in their fields. The faculty members who have facilitated the transition of the participants
into the corporate world :-
• Economics • Operations Management
Prof. Sunil Ashra, Prof. Bhimaraya A Metri
PhD Economics, PhD (IIT Bombay), ME (Shivaji University)
JNU Financial Accounting Prof. Manoj Kumar Srivastava
PhD Supply Chain Management (BITS, Pilani)
M.Tech. (IIT Delhi), B.E. (IIT Roorkie)
• Managerial Accounting
Prof Anand K Sharma,
PhD (IIM Bangalore), • Human Resource Management
Ex Chair person, Indian Railways, Prof. Chandra P Shrimali
Accounts Division PhD (Udaipur University), M. Com.,
Prof. Anil Misra, PhD, Finance Diploma in Labour Laws, MCC (Manila),
(University of Lucknow) Fellow (Kellogs Graduate school of Management)
Prof. S Rai, PhD Finance Prof. Anil Anand Pathak
Fellow (ICSSR) Asst. Prof. PhD (OB) Nagpur
Prof. J. K. Jain
Visiting Prof. at EBS, France
• Project Management PhD Mgmt. Fellow RVB Netherlands
Prof. S Chatterjee PhD,
Materials management (Barkatuualh University)
PGDM (IIM Bangalore), Chairperson EMP • Organisational Behaviour
Prof. Daisy Chauhan,
Asst. Professor, PhD (PU)
• Business & Corporate laws
Prof. CL Bansal,
PhD Law (Allahabad University) • Business Statistics
Prof. Ashok Panjwani
Fellow, PhD (IIM Ahmadabad),
• Marketing B.Tech Civil Engineering, IIT Delhi
Prof. Sanjay Chandwani
MNIT (University Of Allahabad) • Business Communication
Prof. Avinash Kapoor, Prof. Gita Bajaj,
PhD, MBA (University Of Roorkie) PhD in Business Adminstration
Prof. Joydeep Mukherjee Prof. Neera Jain
PhD (IIT Kharagpur), PGDM (IIM Calcutta) PhD, (AMU,Aligarh), Qualified NET (UGC)
• Information Management • Strategic Management
Prof. Dhruv Nath Lt. Gen D N Varma, Indian Army
PhD Computer Science, (IIT Delhi),
B.Tech Electrical, (IIT Delhi)
Upto 9 years 10-20 years 20-30 years Above 30 years
AGE Educational Qualification
Upto 30 31 to 40 41 to 50 Above 50
Science Medical B.E./ B. Tech Humanities Commerce
• A self motivated and multi faceted professional with 6
years of rich and dynamic experience in Operations Project
management, general administration and HRM.
• Executed functions of employee relation, career development,
“Quality of Life” and handling grievances/counseling.
• Managed and refined induction, training, promotion policies,
performance appraisal and morale of 850 men.
• Analysed and conducted motivational & leadership training
of troops comprising of psychological / physical training.
• Managed logistics functions to ensure timely availability of
• Orchestrated coordination, implementation and post
Areas of Interest execution analysis of varied projects worth INR 5 to 9
• As operations and logistic manager, multitasked for smooth
• Operations and Project management administration of the unit overseeing effective rendering
• Physical Security and Risk management of services like transport, catering, lodging, office and war
• HR and Administration
• Hands on experience in identifying security risks and
• Tourism and Hospitality implementing counter measures, policies and checks.
• Event Management • Wide exposure in building strong rapport with media,
agencies and Govt. authorities.
• Deft at large scale event management.
• Certificate Course in Business Management, MDI, Achievements
Gurgaon, 2010 • A short, illustrious military career with outstanding ratings in
• Integrated strategic Management and Administration performance appraisals throughout..
course, 2007 • Successfully Led 150 specialised skilled cross functional team
for consecutive 2 years with 100% satisfaction of superiors
• Bachelor of Commerce from University of Rajasthan, and subordinates.
• Profitably managed Army retail outlet canteen turnover of
INR 6 million.
e-mail • Refined promotion policies, processes and procedures for
target execution and appraisals of 150 executives to reduce
firstname.lastname@example.org attrition and elevated per capita output by 10%.
• Entrusted with the task of planning and execution of security,
protocol and coordination of VVIP visit programmes and
seminars constituting ‘Top Brass’ of Indian And Foreign
• Led various teams of sports and adventure activities at
different levels and set new bench marks.
• Successfully Ensured a breach less and very high level of
overall security of Commandant(Rank Of Lt General) of
premiere defence institute for a period of one year.
• Recognised and entrusted for creativity and innovations for
various projects and events.
• Professional with around 8 years of experience including 2
years in Corporate.
• An enterprising leader with the ability to motivate personnel
towards achieving organisational objectives.
• Commanded an elite organisation with over 120 persons &
equipment worth approx $50 million, in all aspects including
HRM, Operations, Administration and Projects.
• Managed logistics functions to ensure timely availability of
• Carried out budget formulation, cost optimization and
management of Public Funds.
• Worked as the Project manager involving planning,
construction & commissioning of various projects.
Areas of Interest
• Defining the policies and procedures for all incoming and
• Operations outgoing equipment and manpower.
• Administration • Facilities and services of office complex including
accommodation, transport and catering.
• Human Resource Management • Conducting security audits for confirmation of policies and
• Marketing procedures.
• Liaising with various government departments & administrative
authorities for ensuring statutory compliances.
• Overseeing the HR management, Discipline, employee
• Certificate Course in Business Management, MDI, relations, employee grievances performance appraisal and
Gurgaon, 2010 morale of 150 personnel.
• Managed recruitment life-cycle for sourcing the best talent
• PGDHRM, Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
from diverse sources after identification of manpower
• Integrated Strategic Management & • Effectively planned and conducted training of 30 DRDO
Administration, Infantry School, Mhow (2006) scientists in military skills & security aspects.
• Sports & Games Management, • Resolving customers’ complaints regarding Calling plans,
Army School Of Physical Training, Pune (2005) billing, promotional offers, coverage and network quality as
an Executive- Call Centre with Hutchinson South Essar Ltd,
• B.com( Foreign Trade), Nizam College, Hyderabad.
Osmania University (2002) • Event planning, marketing imperatives, resources & vendor
relationships as Team lead at Traditions, Event
e-mail Management & Marketing Group, Hyderabad.
• Rescued Army convoy of 20 vehicles carrying 250 troops,
FOL & Ammunition as a Convoy Commander in Southern
Kashmir under terrorist fire.
• Successfully Evacuated and Rehabilitated about 1000
civilians during the 2005 earth quake relief operations in
J&K (Op Raahat)
• Rescued a platoon of 28 men at North Kashmir at LOC during
• Appreciated by the CEO of the Hutch for giving innovative
idea resulting in efficient utilisation of available resources.
• Credited with bringing in sponsors of more than 15 Lakhs for
Hyderabad Fashion Week.
Amit Kumar Bansal
• Effective resource management to include maintenance of
optimum inventory, vendor management, liaison with govt.
and regulatory bodies for efficient functioning.
• Identifying physical and electronic security risks, deployment
and installation. Proficient in Comprehensive Security, Access
Control, Anti-Sabotage Check, Electronic Counter Measures,
• Expert in explosives and bomb disposal techniques.
• Directing and implementing key procurement strategies,
contingency plans and ensuring their alignment with
Areas of Interest • Formulating and executing budgets of Rs 60 crore for timely
• Marketing procurement of various equipments and stores.
• General Administration • Identifying training needs, conducting programs for army
• Facilities management personnel on Management, Tactics & Weaponry and
• Logistics measuring its effectiveness through periodic assessments.
• Operations and Project management • Survey for training needs & conducting training for staffs on
• Business Development Team Building, Leadership, Motivation & Stress Management,
Technical skills, Security & Safety Procedures etc.
• Certificate Course in Business Management, MDI, Achievements
Gurgaon, 2010 • A short, illustrious military career with outstanding ratings in
• Bachelors Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with 74% from performance appraisals throughout.
CCS University, Meerut, 1997.
• Significantly engaged in major operations like “Operation
• Junior leader course in Air Defence Operations Rakshak, Operation Parakram, Operation Hifazat and
from Army Air Defence College, Gopalpur-on-sea in Operation Orchid”; functioned as Officer In-charge of Ghatak
2001 team for all these operations.
• Specialization Course in Surface to Air Missile
technology from Guided Weapon Training Centre, • Functioned as Commander of the Air Defence Special Mission
Indian Air Force, Vadodara, 2010 Team (A Commando Team) in the desert terrain.
• Diploma in Air Defence Weapon Systems from • Operated as an In-charge of Corps Nuclear, Biological and
Berhampur University, 2001 Chemical Warfare School & conducted over 30 Courses and
trained more then 1000 Officers and other ranks.
e-mail • Majorly responsible for success of the Battalion operations in
email@example.com Manipur and maintained the area incident free.
• In 2007, coordinated and gained effective intelligence for
conflict resolution among top militant groups in Nagaland.
• Certified Instructor in Surface to Air Missile Systems. Topper
of the tri-services course in 2003.
• Detailed as Chief Security Officer on various occasions to VIPs,
Senior Bureaucrats and other visiting dignitaries including
the Chief of the Army Staff and the Defence Minister.
Amit Pande, Nau Sena Medal
• 14 years of varied and cross functional experience in the
Navy with demonstrated ability to build new territories and
• Instrumental in planning and set up of strategic units in
remote locations, ensuring sustenance, resource generation
• As Senior Resource Manager of a command, ensured seamless
supply chain of material and fuels to tactical units in far flung
locations involving complex and difficult conditions.
• Carried out budgeting, vendor management and annual
procurement to the tune of Rs 70 crores.
• Sourced and optimised inventory in excess of Rs 100 crores
Areas of Interest in material organizations.
• Operations • Established the Naval Mountaineering Division that
included acquisition and set up of infrastructure, defining
• Logistics & SCM
organisational structure and functions, staffing, training and
• HR & General Administration development.
• Business Development • Planned and coordinated visits of VVIPs including President
of India & Defence Minister and gave presentations on Naval
Educational Qualification activities.
• Personally conducted team building exercises for office staff
• Certificate course in Business Management, MDI,
and team members resulting in enhanced cohesiveness and
productivity at the work place.
• MBA (Logistics Management), Goa University
• Long Logistics & Management Course from
Naval Institute of Management, Mumbai • Planned, organised and executed expeditions making Indian
Navy the world’s first Navy to summit Mt. Everest.
• General Management, Leadership and Personnel
management courses in the Navy • Streamlined usage, maintenance and turnover of lifesaving
equipment for 10,000 troops, resulting in annual savings up
to Rs 2 crores.
• Ensured timely and successful refits of 20 Naval ships with
firstname.lastname@example.org 85% spares compliance and total customer satisfaction.
• As Senior Manager (Adm) of a corporate headquarter
reduced establishment running cost by one third through
• As key member of national core group, successfully developed
and implemented working models for integration of Army,
Navy and Airforce logistic operations.
• As Jt Director in Naval Headquarters, successfully negotiated
with Ministry of Defence, the complete delegation of Govt
powers to the Navy, resulting in reduction of time and cost
• Awarded Nau Sena Medal by the President of India and
Commendation Medals by the Chief of Naval Staff and
Commander-in-Chief, Andaman & Nicobar Command for
professional competence and consistent performance.
• Man management and general administration in multi
• Multi unit operation management
• Ability to work independently and make things happen
• Possess strong interpersonal skills, team building capability,
decision making ability and out of box thinking.
• Negotiating skills and ability to liaise with various central/
state and other law enforcing agencies.
Areas of Interest • Effectively performed multi-faceted roles directed
towards improving efficiency and effectiveness of the
• HRM organization.
• General Administration • As Chief Administrative Officer of the organization, managed
and directed a workforce of 650 personnel.
• Security Management
• Coordinated activities related to manpower planning, leave
management, grievance handling, conflict resolution,
promotions, succession planning and career development in
multi cultural environment.
• Certificate Course in Business Management, MDI, • Conducted appraisal of performance of subordinates on
Gurgaon, 2010 periodical basis.
• Diploma in Training and Development from ISTD, • As logistics officer, carried out procurement, collection and
New Delhi through correspondence issue of stores through Military depots.
• Post Graduate in English Literature from University • Organized visits of VIPs and dignitaries for large scale
of Rajasthan events.
• As part of Military World Games cell established at Hyderabad
• Diploma in Informational Technology from CMC,
for 4th CISM Military World Games, involving 108 countries,
carried out effective administration and resource allocation.
• Post Graduate Diploma in Tank Technology • Was responsible for supervising VVIP security in promotional
(Armoured Tanks and Light Vehicles), Pune pre-events of Military World Games.
• As Staff Officer to General Officer Commanding (two star
general), acted as a protocol link between various channels
and coordinated all events and meetings on behalf of the
email@example.com • Effectively implemented various aspects of physical and
information security within organization.
• Improvised and reviewed standard operating procedures at
regular intervals for ensuring effective security.
• Planned and executed fire prevention measures including
training of employees in combating fire hazards.
• Negotiated and liaised with various central/state and other
law enforcing agencies in furtherance of organizational
• Operations & Logistics : Dealt with Supply Chain Management,
Inventory Management, Budgeting and Procurement, Vendor &
Supplier Handling, Carrying out effective resource planning &
ensuring smooth logistics.
• Human Resource Management : Experience in managing a
large workforce of both Army personnel as well as civilian
employees including management of their training,
development, administration, career planning, appraisals,
grievances, Counseling, Pay disbursement and
ensuring smooth implementation of HR policies.
• Communication & Inter Personal Skills : Good communicator
with organizational & coordination skills and ability to function
in a multilingual & multi cultural environment.
Areas of Interest
Career Profile (14 Yrs)
• Materials Management Materials Management
• Human Resource Management • Served in the Indian Army as a Materials Manager with
experience across supply chain management, inventory control
Educational Qualifications • As Logistics Officer, managed operations involving forecasting
• Certificate Course in Business Management, MDI, requirements, managing supply chain & ensuring timely
Gurgaon, 2010 delivery.
• Budgeting & Planning funds for mission-critical inventory
• LLB from Meerut University (2005) including technical spares of hi tech defence eqpt, ensuring
optimum & effective utilisation of funds.
• PGDBA (HR &Marketing) from Symbiosis University,
Pune (2002) • Accountable for strategic utilisation & deployment of available
resources in most economical ways to achieve organizational
• Diploma in Materials Management from College objectives while implementing the plans & conduct of
of materials management, Rani Durgavati operations.
university, Jabalpur (2000) • Project Planning & Implementation, coordinating activities
of diverse departments for vital inputs to improve the overall
• Basic Military Training in Management & Operations efficiency of the organisation.
from Officers training academy, Chennai (1996)
Human resource management
• Implemented HR Initiatives entailing staffing, training
e-mail and development, career planning, welfare, personal
documentation, leave, pay & allowances, promotions, appraisals
firstname.lastname@example.org and counseling, grievance handling and administration of
personnel with diverse skills & backgrounds.
• Liaison with civil as well as government agencies for timely
completion of various tasks & projects
• Training Need Analysis, customising & conducting Training
• Scheduling & execution of operations to achieve the highest
ratings in Administration & Process Indices.
• Identifying the scope of policy/ process modifications.
• Maintained effective Supply Chain during operation Vijay and op
Parakram by night delivery of stores in fwd operational area.
• Instrumental in implementation of CICP (Computerised inventory
control project) project of the ordnance inventory of Indian army
developed by Tata consultancy services.
• Instrumental in implementation of on line indenting of ordnance
inventory in Indian army.
• Multifunctional expertise in Operational Management, Project
Management, Logistics, Administration and Training during
9 years of experience in Army.
• Accountable for strategic utilization & deployment of available
resources in most economical ways to achieve organizational
• Managed logistics functions to ensure timely availability of
army inventory at the right place & at the right time.
• Facilitated smooth movement of dangerous cargo through
customs, airport authorities and cargo carrier.
• Implemented procedures to clear administrative and
Areas of Interest logistics/ road blocks.
• Operation Management • Managed financial assets to be utilized for procurement of
specialized equipment and clothing for 120 personnel.
• Project Management
• Rationalized procurement procedures resulting in Government
• Facilities and Services operational cost cutting during Indo-US military exercise.
• Logistics & Supply Chain Management • Excelled in operational preparedness, training, administration,
personnel management, documentation and welfare of
varied teams of 10 – 1200 personnel under active command
Educational Qualification as a Company Commander.
• Certificate Course in Business Management, MDI, • Organized excursion trips and adventure camps for children
Gurgaon, 2010 of J&K in Gujarat.
• PG Diploma in Human Resource Management • Planned, coordinated & executed operations to drive
(Distance learning) Symbiosis, Pune, 2009 sizeable teams to deliver to the highest standards in hostile
• Diploma in Specialized Weapon Systems, Infantry environments (North-east & J&K).
School, Mhow, 2005, 2004
• Bachelor of Science (Microbiology), Bangalore Achievements
University, 1999 • As Chief Operations and Logistics Officer for Indo-US joint
military exercise held in California, USA in February-March,
2008, coordinated and liaised with international regulatory
email@example.com • Successfully rehabilitated 5 villages and 500 displaced
families in Uri district during earthquake in Jammu and
Kashmir and rescued 1000 villagers stranded during floods
in Godhra district during flood relief operations in Gujarat.
• Received letter of appreciation for conducting accurate
survey on 100 acres of encroached defense land in Gujarat.
• Conducted major development projects in border villages
of Uri District (J&K) involving construction of schools,
community development centers, water supply schemes and
hydro electricity projects.
• Spearheaded recruitment and selection process of naval
personnel in Naval Recruiting Establishment for past five
• As principal Sainik School Chittorgarh, a premier feeder
institution for the Armed Forces headed overall planning
and execution of the training, financial management and
administration of the boarding school.
• Steered upkeep, appointment of academic staff and
functioning of the four major defense sector schools at Kochi
and Goa for 8 years.
• Directed the entire Oceanographic and Meteorological
forecasting services at the Headquarters, Southern Naval
Areas of Interest Command, Kochi.
• Human Resource Management • Planned and conducted various educational and promotional
• Operations Management examinations of officers and sailors of the station.
• Awarded Commendation by the Chief of the Naval Staff for
• Certificate Course in Business Management, MDI, utmost commitment and creativity of a high order whilst
Gurgaon, 2010 carrying out the duties of member secretary, Golden jubilee
• 24 week Course in Ocenography, IIT Delhi, 1988 celebration committee of Naval Aviation.
• M. Phil. (Physics), University of Delhi, A Grade, • Orchestrated the production of a documentary film titled
1979 “Wings over the Sea” for national telecast as a curtain raiser
for the golden Jubilee celebrations of Naval Aviation.
• M. Sc. (Physics), University of Delhi,
1ST division, 1978 • Accomplished strategic restructuring of hostel organisation,
academics and administration to foster discipline and
academic excellence for the sustainable growth of the Sainik
e-mail School Chittorgarh through team management.
firstname.lastname@example.org • Implemented innovative methods to ward off the menace of
impersonation by the candidates in the recruitment camps
and apprehended impersonators.
• Rich experience in inventory control, SCM, budgeting ,
As Procurement Officer & Inventory Control Manager
• Placing national and international contracts for electrical
spares required by Indian Navy(Western Fleet).
• Effective interaction with varied vendors for meeting the
deadlines as formulated in the contracts.
As Planning &Provisioning Officer & In-charge HR Development
• Budgeting & Planning funds for mission-critical inventory,
Areas of Interest including technical spares of over 20 warships and 40
• Supply Chain Management establishments.
• Operations / Logistics • Ensuring optimum & effective utilisation of funds and
• Human Resource Management and General
Administration • Reviewing of spares for Planning & Forecasting more than 3
years requirement and indenting for procurement.
As Deputy Chief Adminstrator
• Overseeing overall functioning of 6 Integrated Logistics
• Certificate Course in Business Management, MDI, Management centers (ILMS) across India (Delhi, Mumbai,
Gurgaon, 2010 Vizag, Kochi, Karwar, Port Blair).
• I. T. Manager Course from Naval Institute of • Concluding AMC’s for the hardware/software installed in
Management, Mumbai these centres.
• General Management, Leadership and Personnel Jt. Director Civilian Personnel
management courses in the Navy • Maintaining/ Updation of the sanctioned and borne strength
• B .Com from Barkuattulla, University, Bhopal (M.P.) of approx 45000 thousand Civilian employees of Indian
Navy on regular basis.
• Helping in projection of the various civilian related issues to
e-mail higher authorities in right forum.
• Awarded Commendation by the Commander in Chief of
Western Fleet for utmost dedication and devotion to duty.
• Time bound procurement and shipment of spares for total
overhauling (TOH) of Naval Training Ship at Norfolk , USA.
• Effected saving to state by identifying available substitutes
for spares of Main Equipments like KOEL engines, RO plants
fitted on board Naval ships.
• Ability to connect with people and motivate team to achieve
• Effective verbal and written communication skills with a flair
for public speaking.
• A pro-active and result-oriented approach.
• 15 years of varied work experience in the Indian Air Force as
• As Human Resource manager, was involved in personnel
management including promotions, leave, appraisals,
discipline, grievance handling & welfare for over 2500
Areas of Interest personnel including airmen and civilians.
• Human Resource Management • As security officer in a front line operational base, led 400
• Administration personnel of Defence Services Corps to safe guard prime
• Personal Relations
• Conceptualized and implemented training and development
• Event management modules for trainee Air warriors at Mechanical Training
• Operations Institute.
• As instructor in two training institutes, imparted General
Service Knowledge and personality development training to
Educational Qualification over 10000 trainees.
• Certificate Course in Business Management, MDI, • Conceptualized, planned and monitored infrastructure
Gurgaon, 2010 projects costing crores.
• Organised and conducted various events like passing out
• Masters Diploma in Business Administration
(Symbiosis, Pune) parades, workshops, sports and cultural shows.
• Experienced in managing, budgeting and accounting of Non
• Bachelor of Science (Agra University) Public(Regimental) Funds.
• Methods of Instructions course, Ground instructors • Initiated and finalised contracts for procurement of office
School, Tambaram, Chennai equipment, goods and services.
• Certification Course for Junior Commanders, AFAC, • As Joint secretary of Air Force Wives Welfare Association
Coimbatore (AFWWA), coordinated welfare activities, planned events
• Certificate course in Leadership and Behavioural and meetings, and managed accounts.
studies, Secunderabad • As administrative head of Air Force School, responsible for
recruitment of teachers, school administration , preparing of
budgets and utilisation of funds.
• Commended by Air Officer Commanding in Chief Western Air
command twice for professional excellence.
• Commended by Air Officer Commanding Air Force Station
Pathankot for devotion and dedication to duty.
• Represented India as part of middle level Military Officers
exchange programme at Thailand.
• 10 Years of varied cross functional experience in the Indian
• As Deputy System Controller (ISMS) was Project Manager
in Conceptualizing, Process Modeling, Gap Analysis, RFP
preparation, Development, Functional Testing and Delivery
of a de-novo ERP - Integrated Ship Management System.
• Set up a dedicated cell for Installation & Support of Asset
Management Package onboard Naval Ships & Submarines.
• Undertook Reliability study for Mission Critical Equipment.
• Rich experience in Documentation & End User Training.
Areas of Interest • Involved in Government Buying & Negotiation practices.
• Project/Program Management • Leadership & Management capability in handling Projects,
Complex Tasks and Team Building.
• As Officer-in-Charge NOFRA Broadband, Administered the
• Business Development Operations of Broad band Leased Line Internet Network
• Operations of 1900 nodes. Enforced IT Security Policies of the Navy.
Generated various MIS reports and interfaced with multiple
• Power/Energy levels of Management.
Educational Qualifications • As Deputy Electrical & Weapons Officer Naval Ships ensured
• Certificate Course in Business Management, MDI, optimum availability of Heavy Electrical, Weapons and UHF/
Gurgaon, 2010 VHF/MF/HF Communication Systems onboard by efficient
Upkeep, Maintenance & Spare Parts Management.
• M.B.A (Information Management), JBIMS, Mumbai
• Planned, Coordinated & Executed refit of Ships as per
• B.E (Electronics & Communication), MS University, schedule with optimum utilization of resources.
Thirunelveli • Leading and Motivating teams of over 50 technical personnel
in Ships/Establishments in various capacities.
• PG Program in Cyber Law, Asian School of Cyber
• PMPCEPC, Project Management Institute, Mumbai Achievements
• Single handedly managed the Project Life Cycle of
• Advanced Marine Electrical & Communication IT Transformational Project, ISMS of Rs. 1.88 Crore
Course, INS Valsura, Jamnagar encompassing the complete Maintenance Management
Practices & Philosophies of the Navy.
e-mail • Customised and Implemented the Asset Management
Package MAXIMO on 10 Naval Ships.
• Successfully completed the Refit of INS Himgiri of Rs.5 crores
by detailed planning, coordination, spare part management
& control between various agencies.
• Installed and Commissioned a Radar on Ship in 30 days.
• Presented a paper on ‘Towards Reliability Centered
Maintenance’ in a Naval Conference.
Indian Army(5+ yrs)
• An Energetic, motivated, and result driven professional having
experience in handling HR Management, Administration,
Operations & Security systems.
• Planned & implemented various HR processes and
policies involving recruitment, training, payroll, personal
documentation, career planning and performance appraisals
for 600 personnel.
• As Technical staff officer, was responsible for overall
administration of inventory, facilities, inspections, timely
demand & procurement of materials worth 50 crore for the
Areas of Interest • Imparted training on Fire fighting, Disaster management
and cyber security(LAN & AWAN) as per the policies to
• HRM ensure strict compliance.
• Administration • Processed administrative requirements of personals &
families to ensure their high moral, motivation & fitness by
• PR, CRM & Event Management handling grievances, conducting sports, social and welfare
• Expert in Public Relations and liaised with public & private
sectors for conducting high level events exhibiting effective
Communications and Interpersonal skills.
• Led an Air-Defence battery of 220 personals for intensive
• Certificate Course in Business Management, MDI, training involving induction, drills, combat skills, operational
Gurgaon, 2010 planning and mock exercises in Desert terrain for 2 months.
• Bachelors in Science (BSc) from St. Ann’s Degree Corporate (GE) (1+ yrs)
College, Hyderabad - 2003 • Successfully handled the delinquent accounts for a US based
process in GECIS as a Senior Process Executive.
• Diploma in Air Defence Weapon Systems from
• Client Management -Single point of contact between client
College of Air Defence, Gopalpur – 2007 and team in India- Awarded for the” Best Team”.
• Basic Military Training, from Officers Training • Cross trained in 6 sub processes of Penske to understand
Academy (OTA), Indian Army - 2005 different processes and bridging the gaps.
• Trained and mentored the new hire’s. Also completed
certification on Effective communication.
email@example.com • Lean Certified (Part of Six Sigma) - This project helped in
reducing the TAT of closing the unprocessed cases resulting
in Cost Saving for the company.
• Awarded for leadership performance for proactively leading
personals during crisis situation.
• Received appreciation letter from the Corp Commander (Lt
General) for excellent preparation, presentation and delivery
of tactical plans.
• Qualified Microlight Pilot with over 50 hours of Solo flying
conducted by the Army Adventure Wing.
• Led Small Arms Shooting team at the Command level
consecutively for 4 yrs.
• An energetic, multifaceted, self motivated and result driven
professional with 5.6 years of rich and dynamic experience
in handling HRM, general administration, communication,
operations and project management.
• Conceptualized and implemented Interactive Voice Response
System (IVRS) in the core telephone exchange of Army.
• Conducted disaster management exercise for Army Wide
Area Network (AWAN).
• Formulated and implemented standard operating procedures
for cyber and physical security.
• Implemented optical fibre cable (OFC) based voice & data
Areas of Interest communication over an area of 20 Kms.
• HRM • Adept at handling inventory management, supply chain
• General Management & logistics operations affecting storage & mobilization of
manpower, material and transport.
• Forecasted demand and placed orders with canteen, supply
and ordinance depots.
• Conceptualized and imparted training in the areas of cyber
• Certificate Course in Business Management, MDI, security, radio communication and stress management.
• Implemented disciplinary standards and HR policies related
• B.Tech (Electronics & TeleComm) from College of to manpower planning, recruitment, induction, orientation
Engineering, Roorkee, U.P Tech University, Lucknow and grievances of personnel.
• Liaison with government officials, law enforcing agencies,
• 8 Weeks Certificate Course in Cyber Security and
media and organized facility & event management.
Audit from MCTE, Mhow in 2007
• 24 Weeks Telecommunication System and
Engineering course from MCTE, Mhow in 2005 Achievements
• 36 Weeks Military Training from Officers Training • Awarded Vice Chief of Army Staff Commendation Card
Academy, Chennai in 2005 for professional competence of highest order, exemplary
dedication and leadership in 2009.
• Awarded Vice Chief Unit Citation for exemplary performance
by the team in uplifting the image of Corps of Signals in
firstname.lastname@example.org Army in 2009.
• Trekking leader of the Trans Thar Desert expedition in
• Awarded Bronze Medal for outstanding performance in Cyber
Security and Audit Course at Mhow in 2007.
• Recognised for establishing library for the people of Dimapur
(North East) as part of the Operational Sadbhavana project
• Interpersonal & Communication Skills
• Man Power Management
• Training & Development
• Conceptualisation & Presentation Skills
• Ability to lead and manage large multi-disciplinary teams
Career Profile : 10 Years of varied Cross Functional
experience in the Indian Army, ranked as Major
• Planned and coordinated human resource planning for a work
force of 800 employees in a multi-cultural environment.
Areas of Interest
• Conducted policy formulation, performance appraisal,
• HRM welfare, training and career development for over 800
• General Management & Administration
• Adept at people management, change & conflict management,
• Education Administration maintaining healthy employer – employee relations and
• Marketing Communication handling grievances.
• IT/ITES/Telecom B2B Business Development • Execution of compensations and benefit, pay and pension
fixation, personnel records & documentation, grievances and
disciplinary issues of 500 senior employees.
Educational Qualifications • Acted as Liaison Officer and PRO for both the higher officials
• Certificate Course in Business Management, MDI, as well as vendors.
Gurgaon, 2010 • As Team Leader for a team of 25 employees conducted ground
• Certificate Program in GIS from ESRI survey in border areas under harsh terrain conditions.
• Certificate program in Ground Survey & GIS from • As Program Manager, trained 25 managers and 500
CME, Pune employees at a Training Institute.
• M. Sc. Electronics • Managed judicious deployment of resources including
distribution & allocation of Ration, Ammunition, Clothing,
Accommodation for 800 employees.
• Recipient of President Bravery Award (Jeevan Raksha Padak)
at the age of 7.
• Led a Ground Survey team along the Western Border.
Completed the project before time.
• First Women Army Officer of Corps of Engineers to be placed
with a Combat Unit in High Altitude Area (Ladakh).
• Contract/ Tender preparation, evaluation, negotiation,
implementation and monitoring.
• Analysis and research to prepare project profile, viability,
schedules, budget including due diligence for risk analysis
• Budgetary Planning and Control of Operations for Cost
Effective Management of infrastructure assets and
• HR management including orientation, training (technical &
non-technical including soft skills). Monitoring, performance
analysis, career development & counselling/ grievance
Areas of Interest handling.
• Excellent communicator with strong analytical and problem
• Project Management & Operations
• Business Development
• Head Administration of a Fortune 500 Manufacturing Plant
in Auto Sector, responsible for operational management for
• Certificate Course in Business Management, MDI, administration, travel, communications and expatriates in
Gurgaon, 2010 2009.
• Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource • Project Manager for Real Estate Company to set up Greenfield
Management from Devi Ahilya University, Indore in project in Punjab and coordination of a premium hotel and
2005 with a First Division retail project in NCR from 2007 to 2009.
• M.Sc., Defence Studies from Defence Services
• Played pivotal role in studies conducted by Army Headquarters
Staff College, University of Madras with
for maximizing manpower resources and charted the Army’s
Distinction –ranked First in the University in 1990
future modernization plans as the Secretary for two major
• B.A. (Honours), Economics from Shri Ram College studies involving restructuring and cost savings -1997 to
of Commerce, University of Delhi in 1977 2000.
• Diploma in Computers and MS Office Suite from • Dexterously handled management of assets (operational,
CDAC in 2004 material, financial, and administrative) worth Rs. 450
• Diploma in French (Honours) from Alliance Francaise Crores in an equipment oriented regiment during Operation
de Delhi in 1978 Parakaram as Commanding Officer – 2000 to 2002.
• Responsible for media management (both International and
National) for the Indian Contingent with the United National
Mission in Angola in 1995.
• Trained and tested selected officers on various aspects
of strategic planning, financial management, general
administration and human resource management through
effective training schedules as Senior Instructor at Army War
College – 2003 to 2006.
• Edited the ‘“Army War College Journal”, professional journal
subscribed by military professionals in India and abroad.
• 15 years of wide ranging experience in management of
personnel and resources as an Administration branch officer
in the Indian Air Force.
• Analytical, structured and goal oriented approach.
• Proven ability to lead and motivate cross functional teams.
• Excellent communication skills used functionally in conflict
• Functioned as HR Flight Cdr responsible for providing
administrative cover and services to approx 2500
Areas of Interest personnel.
• Human Resource Management • Designed & implemented HR policies covering performance
appraisals, grievance handling, training and development,
• Administration /Facility Mgmt staffing solutions and personnel management.
• Project / Event management • Conducted and imparted training modules and programmes
for over 4000 air warrior trainees at Admin Training Institute
• Retail/SCM of the IAF.
• CRM/Public relations • Conceptualized, planned and monitored the execution of
infrastructure development projects such as construction
• Operations( Education/Hospitality) of hangars and complexes, labs, housing units, roads etc
ranging from INR 2 to 45 crore.
• Implemented and monitored time-bound completion of
Educational qualifications Facility Maintenance Plans of four frontline air force
• Certificate Course in Business Management, MDI,
• Initiated and resolved issues pertaining to Land acquisition/
leasing through continuous liaison and discussions with civil
• L.L.B. Punjab University, Chandigarh government agencies.
• Initiated, processed and finalized supply chain contracts for
• B.A. (Hons) Punjab University, Chandigarh procurement of office equipment, goods and services.
• Certification course for Junior Commanders, • Successfully managed and handled the accounting of air
AFAC, Coimbatore force funds and ventures for providing services and welfare
measures for air force personnel.
• As Officer in charge of Air force school, supervised the
e-mail functioning of school activities, recruitment of teachers and
utilization of funds.
• As Joint Secretary Air Force Wives Welfare Association
(AFWWA), conceived and coordinated events, meets and
conferences along with budgeting and accounting of funds.
• Organized numerous workshops and conferences, sports
meets, passing out parades, Air Shows & displays and
• Commendation by Air Office Commanding-in-Chief,
Western Air Command for dedication to duty and professional
• Leadership & Managerial skills in Project Management.
• Installation & Commissioning of Networks.
• Indigenization & Quality Assurance.
• Analytical approach towards decision making and problem
solving of complex situations.
• 11 years of varied cross functional experience in the Indian
Air Force. Presently ranked as Squadron Leader.
Areas of Interest • Rich experience in Telecommunication and IT Domain of
Indian Air Force.
• Spearheaded the Installation and Commissioning of Air
• Project/Program Management
Defence Network of IAF at various locations.
• Conceptualized, Budgeted , Planned, Initiated , Evaluated &
• HRM Contracted high value proposals.
• Headed the Operations of Air Defence Network, Sub Control
Educational Qualifications Centre (Tropo/LOS/Satellite) of IAF.
• Certificate course in Business Management, MDI, • Ensured Optimum Resource Management and Continuity
Gurgaon Training of 1500 Skilled Technicians.
• BE (Computer Science), Govt. Engineering College, • Undertook vendor/product evaluation (CISCO, HCL, BEL,
Bhopal (1998) Aplab, Huges).
• Advanced Professional Knowledge Course, AF • As Manager-in-Charge, was responsible for indigenisation
Technical College Bangalore (2009) efforts of complete Air Defence Communication Network
of IAF at Base Repair Depot an ISO 9000:2001 certified
• Digital Communication Course, ADGES Technical organization.
Institute, Bangalore (2005)
• Designed and Implemented Network Failure Contingency
• Digital Static Tropo Communication Course, BEL, Plans.
• Computer Aided Measurement Course, ADGESTI,
• As Commanding Officer displayed strong leadership resulting
in Unit being adjudged best Peripheral Unit of South-West
e-mail Air Command for exceptional performance (2006-07).
• Ensured 100% availability of Air Defence Operational
• As Section Commander consistently ensured exceptional
grading for all the Functional Domains handled during