Assignment 15 Self assessment of Preliminary TaskClick to edit Master subtitle style Kaya, Sanel, Rahel and Gia
What Went Well.....Match on action Used different variety of shots Didn’t break the 180 Degree rule- Very smooth and steady filming-Even Better If.....If there wasn’t background noisesIf we added the credits at the beginningWe should have included more shot distances-If we used a wider range of shots
4A – Controlled use of Camera Part of the scanned thing self assessmentThe controlled use of our camera we felt was good as we didn’t have a shakycamera and the tripod was well used in making the movement smooth howeverat some points the camera from the same angle changed position Same angleNo shaky movement two differentthroughout positions
4B – Attention to Framing Part of the scanned thing self assessment We had a variety of different framing for the right reasons which were framed well which with consideration to lighting it was consistent throughout. Our attention of framing was nice looking, we have clear shots. We allow the audience to focus on elements they should be focusing on to make meaning clear. We made sure everything was positioned well on the camera.Emphasise the slow Framed to show what Sanel can seedoor opening and what Gia can
4C – Variety of Shot Distances Part of the scanned thing self assessmentWe used all the necessary shot distances from extreme close up shot toestablishing shot. We did this very well as we had a wide variety of thesedifferent distances while also doing it to convey a message so it was variety asmuch as meaningful. We used close up shots, establishing shot, two shot andover the shoulder shot. However, we could have included an extreme close upshot and mid shot.
Editing : 180 Degree Rule Part of the scanned thing self assessmentOur 180 degree rule was very good as our characters always maintained theirright and left positioned. The continuity was never disturbed by changingpositions and we did not film over the 180 degree line. We didn’t breach the 180degree rule in our preliminary task
Editing : Match on Action Part of the scanned thing self assessmentWe feel the match on action was done very well. The shots look like onemovement done at the same time when Gia walked through the door andwalking to her seat. Also with match on action we did this with a variety ofdistances making it look better. The match on action used in our preliminary wassuccessful. The door was pushed at the same distance on both sides of the door.
Targets to improveTo improve our filming we need to……- add more shot distances- to film in a less noisy area to hear the character- Making sure actors can be heard clearly throughout- Have a more spacious room- Include more variety camera movement-Change length of the tripod to get more of a variety-To improve our filming we need to make sure that we consider aspects of composition to create meaning such as ruleof thirds.
What did we learn? Technologies we used to make the preliminaryResearch PreliminaryWe learnt that to research our ideas for preliminary we would need the internet to see otherpeople’s preliminary to see what went well and what went wrong in theres. Also we useGoogle chrome as it’s the fastest way of using Google to access our Gmail account to send ourPowerPoint presentation to our other group members and then we saved it onto our USBsticks.Planning preliminaryWe planned our preliminary by using PowerPoint as it’s the simplest way of making our work clear.Filming the preliminaryAll we need to use to film our preliminary is a camera to film our scene and a tripod to make our fi
What did we learn? Technologies we used to make the preliminaryEditing the preliminaryTo edited our preliminary we firstly we used a usb chord on the camera to connect to the keyboardUploading the preliminaryTo upload our preliminary we had to turn it into QuickTime to save it as a video and then import t Assessing the preliminary We assessed our preliminary by using the internet to watch it on YouTube.
What did we learn? Skills we gained in completing/making the preliminaryResearching the preliminaryKaya- I learnt ways to see other media students work from YouTubeand how if can benefit from assessing their work myselfSanel- I gained skilled by seeing other Youtubers preliminary task to know what faults not to incluRahel- I learnt how to view other preliminary tasks of others via Youtube and how it can help us wGyia- I learnt how to see what we could add in are preliminary task, by filming in bright places.Planning the preliminaryKaya- I learnt how to plan an over head shot and the importance of variety of shots and distance.Sanel – I learnt that we should include variety of shots when needed and not just for the sake of tRahel- I also learnt about how to work with others to construct with others, and how to make sur
What did we learn? Skills we gained in completing/making the preliminaryFilming the preliminaryWe all learnt how to use the camera and the tripod effectively.Editing the preliminaryKaya- How to upload our footage and how to choose parts of the video to add to the final shot.Sanel- I learnt how to upload our film and how to highlight and drag parts that are needed to are fRahel- I learnt how to use iMovie to edit videos.Uploading the preliminaryWe all learnt that to upload our footage to YouTube we should use QuickTime so it can be saved asAssessing the preliminaryKaya- How to look through my work to make sure I understand my faults.Sanel- Looking through the faults I made to make sure that I know and understand what my mistaRahel- I learnt how to critically assess other preliminary tasks against the criteria.Gyia- I learnt how to go over my work to see what I can change to improve it.