1. “We are at the point where, between the geolocationcapability of the phone and the power of the phonesbrowser platform, it is possible to deliver personalizedinformation about where you are, what you could dothere right now, and so forth—and to deliver such aservice at scale.” @ http://hbr.org/web/extras/hbr-agenda-2011/eric-schmidt
6. Plataforms• Desktop – GIS Professionals produce and maintain contents and geoprocessing models (analysis)• Server – Make map services, analysis, etc., available to all the plataforms• Mobile / Web – Access the services on the server and build mashups with different kinds of information
8. Trivial Samples
9. Trivial Samples
10. Technology + Location + Nice Music!
11. Where to Start?• Google Maps API Family - http://code.google.com/apis/maps/
16. WHAT’S NEW!
17. Styled Maps• Styled maps allow you to customize the presentation of the standard Google map styles, changing the visual display of such elements as roads, parks, and built-up areas to reflect a different style than that used in the default map type. http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?sensor=false&size=512x512&center=Lisboa&zoom=12&sty le=feature:road.local|element:geometry|hue:0x00ff00|saturation:100&style=feature:landscape|element :geometry|lightness:-100 http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/staticmaps/index.html#StyledMaps
21. Public Data Explorer• ​The Google Public Data Explorer makes large datasets easy to explore, visualize and communicate. As the charts and maps animate over time, the changes in the world become easier to understand. You dont have to be a data expert to navigate between different views, make your own comparisons, and share your findings. http://www.google.com/publicdata/home
22. Basemaps, Tools,Many Plataforms
23. WHAT ABOUT NEXT?
24. WHO TO SOLVE?
25. Integrate Information• … Demografic• … Social-economic• … Business• … Competitors• … Others systems• … Real Time – Social Networks – News Feeds
26. Integrate Information
27. Spatial Relationships• It’s Close?• It’s Connected?• It’s Inside?• They Touch eachother?• Who’s Close?• Where can I arrive with some restrictions?
28. INTEGRATEWITH OTHER SYSTEMS
29. Server Desktop http://www.esri.com/
32. KML, KMZ e Network Link• ArcGIS Server can publish services in these common formats that can be consumed directly with the Google API. http://tinyurl.com/arcgis-kml
33. ArcGIS API for Android• The ArcGIS API for Android will enable you to build applications that utilize the powerful mapping, geocoding, geoprocessing, and custom capabilities provided by ArcGIS Server using Java and deploy them to Android devices. http://resources.arcgis.com/content/arcgis-android/api
35. Everywhere, Any System!• Julia Map http://juliamap.googlelabs.com/
36. Everywhere, Any System!• Corpo Humano (WebGL) http://bodybrowser.googlelabs.com/body.html