1. MODULE: ENVIRONMENTAL LIGHTINGTERM: JUN 2013LECTURER: SANDRA DRASKOVIC
2. Direct and aimed general lightingNON-DIFFUSED•produces an even illumination on the horizontalworking plane.The architecture is visible and it ispossible to orientate oneself and work in the room.•The directed light produces good modelling andbrilliance.•Directed light enables good even and uniform generalvisibility and appreciation of form and surface texture.
3. Direct and aimed general lightingDIFFUSE•Direct diffuse light produces a soft illuminationwith little shadow and reflection.•The limited formation of shadow results in weakmodelling capabilities. Shapes and surface texturesare only slightly emphasized.
5. •Indirect general lighting uses a ceiling, wall or othersurface as a secondary reflector.The brightening ofthese surfaces that delineate the room or area givesan open spatial impression.•Compared to direct illumination, a considerablyhigher luminous flux is necessary for achieving thesame illuminance on the working plane.Direct and aimed general lightingUPLIGHT, INDIRECT
6. wall mountedceiling recessed
7. •Accent light emphasizes individual objects orarchitectural elements using narrow beams of light.Bright points in dark surroundings attract attention.•They separate the important from the unimportant,allowing individual objects to come to the fore.•The focused light produces pronounced shadows andgood modelling ability, as well as brilliance.•A narrow beam and a high brightness contrast to thesurroundings give the object particular emphasis.
10. Wallwashing is a popular name for a lighting design technique forillumination of large surfaces. It is mainly used with contemporaryarchitecture; in public cultural buildings, museums and galleries;and in landscape lighting.Most of what one actually sees, entering a room, are the verticalsurfaces.The illumination requires asymmetric lightingfixtures, which in a number of 3 or more in a line, can produceevenly illuminated walls.
11. The specially designedreflector of theTFLWallwasher provideshomogenous illumination ofthe vertical plane.Toachieve a uniformbrightness distribution onthe wall, the recessedluminaires can be attacheddirectly to one another.
12. Each luminaire hasremovable end plates toallow a row of wallwashersto be mounted as acontinuous arrangementwithout gaps. To achieve auniform brightnessdistribution on the wall, theluminaires can be attacheddirectly to one another.