1046 Coolidge Street
Cranford, NJ 07016
(home 908-709-8915) | (cell) 646-201-2043
Product Development Professional with 20 years experience merchandising Men’s
tailored clothing, woven bottoms and sportswear collections. Expert in fabric sourcing,
assortment-building and simultaneous development of multiple brands among different
categories. Superior presentation and selling skills to many varied audiences with emphasis
on product features and benefits, design trends and brand image. Demonstrated ability
leading cross-functional teams to present line concepts, analyze feasibility and attain
consensus to initiate sourcing and development. Recognized as a key contributor with an
optimal combination of business acumen and creative ability. Proven track record of
exceeding sales and margin goals with Top Performer awards achieved consecutively from
MACY’S MERCHANDISING GROUP, New York, NY 1989-Present
Senior Designer/Merchandiser-Men’s Tailored/Woven Bottoms (2006-Present)
Designer –Men’s Tailored/Woven Bottoms/Related Separates (1998-2006)
Lead and execute the design process for categories of business representing $150 million in
annual retail sales. Manage and develop a staff of 2 designers to ensure designs align with
business strategy and project milestones are met on a timely basis
• Implemented design process for private label tailored clothing in brand launch of Tasso
Elba with current sales volume of $25 million, Material London with $5 million and
Alfani RED with $10 million.
• Conceptualized and developed over ten programs that have become key item or
replenishment components currently representing a total of $61 million in annual retail
• Developed and strengthened relationships with fabric mills identified as growth resources to
maximize business opportunities and reduce costs.
• Facilitated creation and adherence to a design development calendar to ensure timely arrival
of approvals/samples and develop faster turn on submissions.
• Identify seasonal fashion direction for each brand including color, fabric and design details
to ensure a cohesive brand image.
• Traveled overseas to work directly with mills and manufacturers, attend fabric shows and
shop stores. Sourced new vendors and cultivated existing relationships.
• Supervise and participate in the approval process including fit, fabric, trims and color.
• Direct development of presentation/concept boards and the set-up of product showrooms
for meetings with buyers and senior management.
• Fostered improved retention and promotions due to emphasis on staff development.
Sandi Tullo (home 908-709-8915)/(cell) 646-201-2043
Product Manager - (1992-1998)
Men’s Tailored/Woven Bottoms (1994-1998)
Boys 8-20 Collections (1992-1994)
Managed development of private brand programs within context of sales/margin plans
and business strategy.
• Collaborated with overseas offices/suppliers and domestic vendors to negotiate costing
and finalize all production details.
• Created and maintained development calendars to ensure timely production and
• Communicated extensively with buying staff and design team to ensure appropriate
assortments are presented and placed during buy meetings.
• Identified new business opportunities through regular market research and sourcing of
competitive fabric and garment suppliers.
Associate Product Manager – Boys 8-20 Collections (1990-1992)
Assistant Product Manager – Men’s Tailored Clothing (1989-1990)
University of Delaware, BA in Communications
Fashion Institute of Technology Seminars